Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Suzanne - how did you make out with the doctor?

Posted by Kathy G on 2/26/02 at 09:18 (075086)

Hi Suzanne,

I was just curious as to how you made out with the doctor. Did you go back yet? Are you back on the Naprosyn? Is you blood pressure ok?

By the way, I wonder if it's just a coincidence that both you and my sister-in-law teach first grade and both have high blood pressure. I don't suppose it has anything to do with the stress in your job? Although, she, like you, absolutely loves what she does!

Let us know how you're doing!

Re: Thanks, Kathy...been a little down the past few days.

Suzanne D on 2/26/02 at 11:55 (075094)

Thanks for asking, Kathy! I posted on the Treatments board after I went to the dr., but it was pretty far down the page by then. My blood pressure was normal when I went, so it was determined that the decongenstant had indeed been the culprit. I am back on Naproxin, and the dr. basically said I didn't have rheumatoid arthritis but that it was probably osteoarthritis and the Naproxin would help both my feet and my knees.

I haven't posted in the past few days, and I appreciate your thinking of me! A good friend from my church died, collapsing at the church Saturday night as he and his wife prepared the communion for the next day. He was taken by ambulance to the hospital but never regained consciousness and died this morning. He was always an encourager, the only one who ever asked about my feet! He also often encouraged me after I played the piano for a service by telling me he enjoyed the music. He had a favorite hymn - 'Unclouded Day' - which he always would especially love to hear. I am to play for his funeral and will certainly play that song.

I appreciate my friends here!

Suzanne

Carmen H on 2/26/02 at 12:39 (075102)

I'm sorry about your friend. :-(
My mom has Osteoarthritis...just diagnosed a fewweeks ago...
Strength training is good for Osteo. you could do thoe things sitting down right?
I hope you feel better. ;o(

Kathy G on 2/26/02 at 13:47 (075106)

I'm so sorry, Suzanne. It is always painful to lose a friend but when someone goes suddenly, it is doubly hard. I'm sure the funeral will be difficult but may you and those attending get comfort as you play his favorite hymn.

I am glad that you had good news and that, although osteoarthritis is painful, it's not as debilitating as rheumatoid. I'm also glad that your blood pressure is normal. Those decongestants can really mess a body up - they fix one part of us and bother another part!

You'll be in my prayers and thoughts,

Kathy

Pam B on 2/26/02 at 16:12 (075117)

Suzanne, I dont know you but my name is Pam.......I too am very sorry for your loss.......it is so hard when someone dies so suddenly like that but the lord must have needed him elsewhere.......I know that is not much comfort but it is good to know he is in a better place......I will pray for comfort for his wife.......and for your family as well......take care and I hope you are feeling better soon.........

Re: Suzanne.

wendyn on 2/26/02 at 20:05 (075131)

Thinking of you.

Re: Thank you, Pam...

Suzanne D on 3/01/02 at 11:57 (075388)

You are kind. I appreciate your message!

Re: to Carmen...

Suzanne D on 3/01/02 at 12:00 (075390)

What kind of strength training does your mom do, Carmen? Thanks for your message.

Carmen H on 3/06/02 at 07:08 (075799)

Sorry for the delay in responding ...I have not been going to the bottom of the board lately for some reason.
;-)
I will repost above

Suzanne D on 2/26/02 at 11:55 (075094)

Thanks for asking, Kathy! I posted on the Treatments board after I went to the dr., but it was pretty far down the page by then. My blood pressure was normal when I went, so it was determined that the decongenstant had indeed been the culprit. I am back on Naproxin, and the dr. basically said I didn't have rheumatoid arthritis but that it was probably osteoarthritis and the Naproxin would help both my feet and my knees.

I haven't posted in the past few days, and I appreciate your thinking of me! A good friend from my church died, collapsing at the church Saturday night as he and his wife prepared the communion for the next day. He was taken by ambulance to the hospital but never regained consciousness and died this morning. He was always an encourager, the only one who ever asked about my feet! He also often encouraged me after I played the piano for a service by telling me he enjoyed the music. He had a favorite hymn - 'Unclouded Day' - which he always would especially love to hear. I am to play for his funeral and will certainly play that song.

I appreciate my friends here!

Suzanne

Carmen H on 2/26/02 at 12:39 (075102)

I'm sorry about your friend. :-(
My mom has Osteoarthritis...just diagnosed a fewweeks ago...
Strength training is good for Osteo. you could do thoe things sitting down right?
I hope you feel better. ;o(

Kathy G on 2/26/02 at 13:47 (075106)

I'm so sorry, Suzanne. It is always painful to lose a friend but when someone goes suddenly, it is doubly hard. I'm sure the funeral will be difficult but may you and those attending get comfort as you play his favorite hymn.

I am glad that you had good news and that, although osteoarthritis is painful, it's not as debilitating as rheumatoid. I'm also glad that your blood pressure is normal. Those decongestants can really mess a body up - they fix one part of us and bother another part!

You'll be in my prayers and thoughts,

Kathy

Pam B on 2/26/02 at 16:12 (075117)

Suzanne, I dont know you but my name is Pam.......I too am very sorry for your loss.......it is so hard when someone dies so suddenly like that but the lord must have needed him elsewhere.......I know that is not much comfort but it is good to know he is in a better place......I will pray for comfort for his wife.......and for your family as well......take care and I hope you are feeling better soon.........

Re: Suzanne.

wendyn on 2/26/02 at 20:05 (075131)

Thinking of you.

Re: Thank you, Pam...

Suzanne D on 3/01/02 at 11:57 (075388)

You are kind. I appreciate your message!

Suzanne D on 3/01/02 at 12:00 (075390)

What kind of strength training does your mom do, Carmen? Thanks for your message.

Carmen H on 3/06/02 at 07:08 (075799)

Sorry for the delay in responding ...I have not been going to the bottom of the board lately for some reason.
;-)
I will repost above