Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Thinking of you Suzanne

Posted by Necee on 2/26/02 at 22:27 (075146)

Just want you to know your in my thoughts and prayers Suzanne.
Necee

Re: me too... :)

Carole C in NOLA on 2/27/02 at 06:31 (075167)

Have a great foot day today!

Carole C

Re: THANKS, EVERYONE!

Suzanne D on 2/27/02 at 10:31 (075185)

I very much appreciate the thoughts, prayers, and well-wishes of all of you! It is quite encouraging to know that several people took the time to write a message to me. You all are the best!

Today we have an unexpected day off from school. Following almost spring-like temperatures with the daffodils up and blooming, we have an inch of snow and the windchill is 10. Given our hilly, country roads and little road equipment, it was enough to cancel school. I went back to bed after hearing the news and slept for 3 more hours which helped. Now I have today to get my music together for the funeral tomorrow. That gives me time to get my thoughts together and not be so rushed.

Thanks again, and my best to each of you!

Suzanne :-)

Re: We may become neighbors...

Carmen H on 2/27/02 at 13:21 (075191)

i will know this week (we hope) if we are moving back to Tenn.....near the KY border.
:-)
I will keep you posted and we can have tea some day!

Re: That's something good to think about! (eom)

Suzanne D on 2/27/02 at 16:07 (075196)

Re: The memories are a gift, to be embedded in the heart

Tammie on 2/27/02 at 19:02 (075217)

Suzanne, I am sorry to hear that a friend passed away recently! It is so difficult to understand at times that death happens and that it should be a joyous occasion in some respects. As look they were acepted into a much more beautiful place next to all that is good! it is so very hard when it is a the loved ones and the good friends to think that way. But it is a comfort knowing that he was chosen to audition for his wings and halo! Not that we should not grieve as that is apart of reliving the beautiful memeories that were left for us as a gift . My deepest sympathies go out to the family and for all that loved him. It is so good to hear how much he mattered and was loved. That must be a blessing to the family! Remember as you play for him his smile is shining down upon your heart!It is good to grieve and wash the heart with healing tears! So let them flow! My thoughts are with you and of course as always prayers.

Re: Music

Anthony P on 2/27/02 at 23:03 (075236)

Suzanne, Sorry to hear the sad news of your friend , I send my prayers .
Its great to hear that you play piano, I play a little bit piano mostly guitar I like to transpose piano music to the
guitar , I like most styles of music . What do you like to play ?
During my down time I played alot and it helped me to stay positive .
Now when I can find the time , I still like to learn new songs
As always My Best Anthony P : )

Re: To Anthony Re: Music

Necee on 2/28/02 at 01:06 (075245)

Hi! I took piano lessons when I was a child, I have a piano but very seldom play, and thats a shame. I know that I should just take the time and do it.
I enjoy listening to Country, Lite Pop, Easy Listening, Southern Gospel and especially Bluegrass, I just love those banjos and fiddles!!
Happy Trails to you....
Necee

Re: to Anthony...

Suzanne D on 3/01/02 at 11:52 (075385)

Thanks for your message, thoughts and prayers. It's neat to hear that you play piano and guitar! I was interested in guitar in high school and saved up S & H Green stamps which we got at the grocery store to get one. (Now that really dates me, doesn't it?!) :-) I tried a little on my own but didn't get too far with it. I did get an autoharp a few years later which I have enjoyed using at school as well as a keyboard which I got about 10 years ago for school. The piano which I have at my home was my mother's wihch she got before I was born. I enjoy playing hymns and popular songs, old folk songs, things that I hear on the radio and pick out by ear. I took lessons when I was a child and can read music, too, unless it is too difficult! My daughters both play piano, and the one in college has passed me up! I love to sit and listen to her play. Like you, I like most styles of music, and music helps me greatly when I am down. Tonight, in fact, I have an opportunity to go with a group to a Bill Gaither Homecoming Gospel singing in Louisville, and I am so looking forward to it! It's just what I need at the end of this week.

Thanks again for your message!

Suzanne D on 3/01/02 at 11:55 (075386)

That's a good way to look at it, Tammie! Thank you. Yesterday, although it was cold, the sun was shining. John's favorite hymn was 'Unclouded Day', and of course I played that, among other songs. The day was cloudless, and that was appropriate.

Hope you are doing well.

Anthony P on 3/02/02 at 00:06 (075444)

Hi Necee , what about that Oh brother where art thou , soundtrack, blue grass winning a grammy ? ! I would take the time to play your piano if you have the time.Go for it ! Learning a song makes me feel great Because I only focus on the music . For that moment its a chalenge for me on a positive note. Happy trails to you too : ) Anthony P

Re: Have a great time at the concert !

Anthony P on 3/02/02 at 00:10 (075445)

HAVE FUN !

Re: OH SUZANNE

Pam B on 3/02/02 at 06:22 (075450)

Oh my goodness Suzanne, S&H green stamps........oh yes how you did date yourself :) but, dont feel alone, I also have used my share of them in my younger days :) I wish they still had them, at least that huge chunk of money we leave at the grocery store would have a fringe benefit huh?????? I still have an ironing board I got with mine :)

O Brother Where Art Thou is a great soundtrack, I bought the CD for me for xmas :) I was given the nickname Sunshine so many years ago when they used to give green stamps :) that song is why I bought it but I like the entire CD......it brings back a happy time in my life and carries me away every time I listen to it......music is such a great happy pill isnt it?

:)

JudyS on 3/03/02 at 10:34 (075529)

Suzanne - I think I still have a collection of S & H Greenstamps buried in a box around here somewhere........I'm sure they'll 'come back'.....don't you think? Then I'll have a head start when they do!

Re: to Judy...

Suzanne D on 3/03/02 at 16:04 (075565)

That would be good if the S & H Greenstamps came back, wouldn't it? Then we could start saving for things for our children now that they are engaged! :-)

I remember as a little girl helping my grandma lick the stamps and put them in her books.

Besides the guitar, I got a Noah's Ark cookie jar which I still have! I thought it was so neat; that's before Noah's Ark things were so popular and plentiful.

Re: me too... :)

Carole C in NOLA on 2/27/02 at 06:31 (075167)

Have a great foot day today!

Carole C

Re: THANKS, EVERYONE!

Suzanne D on 2/27/02 at 10:31 (075185)

I very much appreciate the thoughts, prayers, and well-wishes of all of you! It is quite encouraging to know that several people took the time to write a message to me. You all are the best!

Today we have an unexpected day off from school. Following almost spring-like temperatures with the daffodils up and blooming, we have an inch of snow and the windchill is 10. Given our hilly, country roads and little road equipment, it was enough to cancel school. I went back to bed after hearing the news and slept for 3 more hours which helped. Now I have today to get my music together for the funeral tomorrow. That gives me time to get my thoughts together and not be so rushed.

Thanks again, and my best to each of you!

Re: We may become neighbors...

Carmen H on 2/27/02 at 13:21 (075191)

i will know this week (we hope) if we are moving back to Tenn.....near the KY border.
:-)
I will keep you posted and we can have tea some day!

Re: That's something good to think about! (eom)

Suzanne D on 2/27/02 at 16:07 (075196)

Tammie on 2/27/02 at 19:02 (075217)

Suzanne, I am sorry to hear that a friend passed away recently! It is so difficult to understand at times that death happens and that it should be a joyous occasion in some respects. As look they were acepted into a much more beautiful place next to all that is good! it is so very hard when it is a the loved ones and the good friends to think that way. But it is a comfort knowing that he was chosen to audition for his wings and halo! Not that we should not grieve as that is apart of reliving the beautiful memeories that were left for us as a gift . My deepest sympathies go out to the family and for all that loved him. It is so good to hear how much he mattered and was loved. That must be a blessing to the family! Remember as you play for him his smile is shining down upon your heart!It is good to grieve and wash the heart with healing tears! So let them flow! My thoughts are with you and of course as always prayers.

Re: Music

Anthony P on 2/27/02 at 23:03 (075236)

Suzanne, Sorry to hear the sad news of your friend , I send my prayers .
Its great to hear that you play piano, I play a little bit piano mostly guitar I like to transpose piano music to the
guitar , I like most styles of music . What do you like to play ?
During my down time I played alot and it helped me to stay positive .
Now when I can find the time , I still like to learn new songs
As always My Best Anthony P : )

Necee on 2/28/02 at 01:06 (075245)

Hi! I took piano lessons when I was a child, I have a piano but very seldom play, and thats a shame. I know that I should just take the time and do it.
I enjoy listening to Country, Lite Pop, Easy Listening, Southern Gospel and especially Bluegrass, I just love those banjos and fiddles!!
Happy Trails to you....
Necee

Suzanne D on 3/01/02 at 11:52 (075385)

Thanks for your message, thoughts and prayers. It's neat to hear that you play piano and guitar! I was interested in guitar in high school and saved up S & H Green stamps which we got at the grocery store to get one. (Now that really dates me, doesn't it?!) :-) I tried a little on my own but didn't get too far with it. I did get an autoharp a few years later which I have enjoyed using at school as well as a keyboard which I got about 10 years ago for school. The piano which I have at my home was my mother's wihch she got before I was born. I enjoy playing hymns and popular songs, old folk songs, things that I hear on the radio and pick out by ear. I took lessons when I was a child and can read music, too, unless it is too difficult! My daughters both play piano, and the one in college has passed me up! I love to sit and listen to her play. Like you, I like most styles of music, and music helps me greatly when I am down. Tonight, in fact, I have an opportunity to go with a group to a Bill Gaither Homecoming Gospel singing in Louisville, and I am so looking forward to it! It's just what I need at the end of this week.

Thanks again for your message!

Suzanne D on 3/01/02 at 11:55 (075386)

That's a good way to look at it, Tammie! Thank you. Yesterday, although it was cold, the sun was shining. John's favorite hymn was 'Unclouded Day', and of course I played that, among other songs. The day was cloudless, and that was appropriate.

Hope you are doing well.

Anthony P on 3/02/02 at 00:06 (075444)

Hi Necee , what about that Oh brother where art thou , soundtrack, blue grass winning a grammy ? ! I would take the time to play your piano if you have the time.Go for it ! Learning a song makes me feel great Because I only focus on the music . For that moment its a chalenge for me on a positive note. Happy trails to you too : ) Anthony P

Re: Have a great time at the concert !

Anthony P on 3/02/02 at 00:10 (075445)

HAVE FUN !

Re: OH SUZANNE

Pam B on 3/02/02 at 06:22 (075450)

Oh my goodness Suzanne, S&H green stamps........oh yes how you did date yourself :) but, dont feel alone, I also have used my share of them in my younger days :) I wish they still had them, at least that huge chunk of money we leave at the grocery store would have a fringe benefit huh?????? I still have an ironing board I got with mine :)

O Brother Where Art Thou is a great soundtrack, I bought the CD for me for xmas :) I was given the nickname Sunshine so many years ago when they used to give green stamps :) that song is why I bought it but I like the entire CD......it brings back a happy time in my life and carries me away every time I listen to it......music is such a great happy pill isnt it?

:)

JudyS on 3/03/02 at 10:34 (075529)

Suzanne - I think I still have a collection of S & H Greenstamps buried in a box around here somewhere........I'm sure they'll 'come back'.....don't you think? Then I'll have a head start when they do!

Re: to Judy...

Suzanne D on 3/03/02 at 16:04 (075565)

That would be good if the S & H Greenstamps came back, wouldn't it? Then we could start saving for things for our children now that they are engaged! :-)

I remember as a little girl helping my grandma lick the stamps and put them in her books.

Besides the guitar, I got a Noah's Ark cookie jar which I still have! I thought it was so neat; that's before Noah's Ark things were so popular and plentiful.