Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

POST OP

Posted by t eIFORD on 2/27/02 at 08:18 (075176)

post op

February 26- 2002

Hello I just wanted to let you know how my Surgery went today , was taken in the OR around 10:10 am and came out about 11:45 am Dr said that it couldn't have went any better he was very happy with the out come so far ,waking up was not all that well mainly because of the smoking ( if you are able to stop please do ) my pulse ox was only 65-83 not to good the were watching this very close they had to tell me to keep taking deep breaths finally it went up to a steady 90-95 they then discharged me ,we made it home hubby and I and what fun it is it live one the 3 rd floor you got it on the butt all the way up now aim laying in bed with my foot elevated on a pillow with ice 20 min on 20 min off.next visit with the Dr Friday 10:00 well keep you posted

Re: POST OP

Pam B on 2/28/02 at 20:05 (075332)

Hi fellow foot sufferer :) I am so glad your surgery went so well......sorry smoking made waking up difficult for you......I been there so before my surgery three weeks ago I quit.......woohoo......finally, I did it......but man it is so hard.......now comes the weight gain........I am fighting it so hard but being laid up is so tuff.......

Wasnt getting up the steps fun????? :) god I only had five and I thought I would not make those......I was casted and totally numb from the nerve blocks........it was fun.......I am glad you are doing well and resting with the elevated foot.......I thought it was strange that they told me to ice a cast but it did help......cooled it right off in there :)

You are the woman!!!!!!!!! I was no where near my puter on surgery day.......I came home, ate and crashed out.......my surgeon called me that nite to check on me and I was dead to the world.......the drugs they put me out with always make me sleep and lose the entire day.......you impress me that you were awake and alert enough to type........I would have hated to see any words I tried to type :)

Good Luck to you and keep us posted.......you will be in my prayers.......take care

trish e on 3/01/02 at 07:20 (075357)

thanks for your prayers,yes i was up typing on the computer the same day ,maybe it was because i spent 4 hrs in recorvery,tring to breath without o2,pulse was down between 65 /80 they finally let me leave around 82.my dr called me that night,and the next day and i was sitting in the computer room again,i go see him today,so far i have had very little pain,but if i move my toes it hurts,normal i'am sure.well stay in touch as will i.have a great day and a better tommorrow !

Pam B on 2/28/02 at 20:05 (075332)

Hi fellow foot sufferer :) I am so glad your surgery went so well......sorry smoking made waking up difficult for you......I been there so before my surgery three weeks ago I quit.......woohoo......finally, I did it......but man it is so hard.......now comes the weight gain........I am fighting it so hard but being laid up is so tuff.......

Wasnt getting up the steps fun????? :) god I only had five and I thought I would not make those......I was casted and totally numb from the nerve blocks........it was fun.......I am glad you are doing well and resting with the elevated foot.......I thought it was strange that they told me to ice a cast but it did help......cooled it right off in there :)

You are the woman!!!!!!!!! I was no where near my puter on surgery day.......I came home, ate and crashed out.......my surgeon called me that nite to check on me and I was dead to the world.......the drugs they put me out with always make me sleep and lose the entire day.......you impress me that you were awake and alert enough to type........I would have hated to see any words I tried to type :)

Good Luck to you and keep us posted.......you will be in my prayers.......take care

trish e on 3/01/02 at 07:20 (075357)

thanks for your prayers,yes i was up typing on the computer the same day ,maybe it was because i spent 4 hrs in recorvery,tring to breath without o2,pulse was down between 65 /80 they finally let me leave around 82.my dr called me that night,and the next day and i was sitting in the computer room again,i go see him today,so far i have had very little pain,but if i move my toes it hurts,normal i'am sure.well stay in touch as will i.have a great day and a better tommorrow !