Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ruptured achillies tendon

Posted by Kathryn R. on 2/27/02 at 11:18 (075188)

Thank you Pam B. and wendyn for you comments. There were real helpful. The doctor who took the nerve study is the one who will not release them. I even told them my own attorney said they had to release them. I have an HMO and that makes me the scum of the earth. My achillies tendon needs repaired if it is still feasible. My family is suffering too. I live in Pennsylvania, and the TV attorneys don't want to help me. They talk a good talk.

Is there an attorney out there who will help me? My Surgeon really bummed me up good. Seems like all orthopedic surgeons as well as other doctors stick together. I am 52 and was always active, now I am very limited. I need the MRI fast but the neurologist who wants it (he also did nerve study) won't set it up, it's been since Feb 18, 2002. I don't know what to do. I'm desperate for help!!!!!!! CAN MY FOOT BE SAVED? I'm a wreck.

Kathryn R.

Re: Ruptured achillies tendon

wendyn on 2/27/02 at 17:47 (075205)

Kathryn - find out legally how long he has to produce those records, make sure that your request for them is in writing.

Ellen on 2/27/02 at 19:33 (075223)

Hi Kathryn,
Maybe you could try calling your local Better Business Bureau and see if they can refer you to an organization that can help you. I have done that before, and even if they can't help me they have usually referred me to someone who can. Good luck and let us all know when you succeed in getting your records. I live by the motto that 'persistence pays off'.
Ellen

Kathryn R. on 2/28/02 at 09:29 (075268)

Ellen, that sounds like a good idea the BBB is there to help, I didn't think of that. Thanks a bunch....

Pam B on 2/28/02 at 10:50 (075276)

Kathryn, hi it is Pam B again.......I read here in one of your posts that you are a HMO participant.......call them and explain this situation and if that dont work, call the ins commisioner in Pennsylvania.......I have a gut feeling they will be the quickest route......I would think the HMO would want to help considering the alternative and the dollars involved........please dont let these people push you around, if the customer service person that answers the phone when you call your HMO is not accomodating you......ask to speak to their supervisor and if the same thing happens ask to speak to that persons supervisor or better yet, they all have medical personnel on staff, ask to speak to that person, but dont stop trying because the insurance co can get your records from the doc via fax machine in just minutes.......they produce these records when you have to appeal to have a bill paid so I know they can do this for you because I just went through this with Blue Cross about two weeks ago and my docs office told me the records needed were faxed to the ins co and the bill was paid within days of the medical record getting to the insurance co......they can help you and with modern technology, the info can get to them in a jiffy..........and as I told you before, the ins commisioner is an elected offical and they can and do help in these situations

Re: Ruptured achillies tendon to PAM B.

Kathryn R. on 2/28/02 at 10:55 (075278)

Thanks a million I need all the help I can get. I appreciate all the I've been getting.

Re: Achillies tendon

Kathryn R. on 2/28/02 at 16:38 (075317)

All your help has paid off. I am getting results. I hope some day I can be of help to you. My MRI is scheduled and I'm getting my records, at least I'm supposed too.

Kathryn R.

Kathryn R. on 2/28/02 at 17:54 (075322)

I still need to know if my ruptured achillies tendon can be repaired after all this time. I'm a nervous wreck. The Doc messed me up good. I need to know how long RSD can be let go. The bone protruding from the inside of my ankle, can it cause damage? What are the chances of blood clots? What does it mean when the nerves on the bottom of your foot slows down? Can that be repaired? The Doc. that did surgery has lost a lot of patients, and I hope he loses a lot more.

Kathryn R.

Re: Medical malpractice achillies tendon

Kathryn R. on 3/01/02 at 11:16 (075378)

Does anyone know a good medical malpractice attorney in Pennsylvania who doesn't really care how they win their case? I need to know soon.

Kathryn R.

wendyn on 2/27/02 at 17:47 (075205)

Kathryn - find out legally how long he has to produce those records, make sure that your request for them is in writing.

Ellen on 2/27/02 at 19:33 (075223)

Hi Kathryn,
Maybe you could try calling your local Better Business Bureau and see if they can refer you to an organization that can help you. I have done that before, and even if they can't help me they have usually referred me to someone who can. Good luck and let us all know when you succeed in getting your records. I live by the motto that 'persistence pays off'.
Ellen

Kathryn R. on 2/28/02 at 09:29 (075268)

Ellen, that sounds like a good idea the BBB is there to help, I didn't think of that. Thanks a bunch....

Pam B on 2/28/02 at 10:50 (075276)

Kathryn, hi it is Pam B again.......I read here in one of your posts that you are a HMO participant.......call them and explain this situation and if that dont work, call the ins commisioner in Pennsylvania.......I have a gut feeling they will be the quickest route......I would think the HMO would want to help considering the alternative and the dollars involved........please dont let these people push you around, if the customer service person that answers the phone when you call your HMO is not accomodating you......ask to speak to their supervisor and if the same thing happens ask to speak to that persons supervisor or better yet, they all have medical personnel on staff, ask to speak to that person, but dont stop trying because the insurance co can get your records from the doc via fax machine in just minutes.......they produce these records when you have to appeal to have a bill paid so I know they can do this for you because I just went through this with Blue Cross about two weeks ago and my docs office told me the records needed were faxed to the ins co and the bill was paid within days of the medical record getting to the insurance co......they can help you and with modern technology, the info can get to them in a jiffy..........and as I told you before, the ins commisioner is an elected offical and they can and do help in these situations

Re: Ruptured achillies tendon to PAM B.

Kathryn R. on 2/28/02 at 10:55 (075278)

Thanks a million I need all the help I can get. I appreciate all the I've been getting.

Kathryn R. on 2/28/02 at 16:38 (075317)

All your help has paid off. I am getting results. I hope some day I can be of help to you. My MRI is scheduled and I'm getting my records, at least I'm supposed too.

Kathryn R.

Kathryn R. on 2/28/02 at 17:54 (075322)

I still need to know if my ruptured achillies tendon can be repaired after all this time. I'm a nervous wreck. The Doc messed me up good. I need to know how long RSD can be let go. The bone protruding from the inside of my ankle, can it cause damage? What are the chances of blood clots? What does it mean when the nerves on the bottom of your foot slows down? Can that be repaired? The Doc. that did surgery has lost a lot of patients, and I hope he loses a lot more.

Kathryn R.

Re: Medical malpractice achillies tendon

Kathryn R. on 3/01/02 at 11:16 (075378)

Does anyone know a good medical malpractice attorney in Pennsylvania who doesn't really care how they win their case? I need to know soon.

Kathryn R.