Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

hello to everyone ! very cold here in Ky

Posted by linda a on 2/27/02 at 17:20 (075203)

hello suzanne ! road condition were bad ( icy ) on i-65 near lebanon junction , 18 car pile up . sad to hear about your friend from church . i just got out of the hospital again . what a screw up i am ! here this man was probably fighting for his life and i was wanting to take my life . it is so hard for me to deal w/ the bi-polar disease , because of the added stress of the weight issue from taking the meds . before the P.F. i was so much into my exercise ( biking -road/trailand hiking ), and now i just sit around the house and pick up more weight . my appetite has increased from one of the meds that i take for the bipolar disorder . i hate living w/ these two terrible diseases . yes, things could be worse , i could be blind , in a wheelchair , have parkinson's disease , and cancer ,etc. thank you again for having this support group it does help me . it allows me to vent . linda (Ky)

Re: hello to everyone ! very cold here in Ky

Carole C in NOLA on 2/27/02 at 17:28 (075204)

Linda, hang in there, this won't last forever. When you heal you will be able to get back into your regular exercise regimen and that will help with the weight loss. The time will pass and then you will have even more years ahead of you to enjoy.

Carole C

Re: Cold here to brrrrrrrrr

Tammie on 2/27/02 at 19:05 (075218)

Linda, You are one strong cookie! I admire your energy and the hard work you do! We are pulling for you , and you remain in our thoughts always! Take care our friend and there is always a new day ! It is cold and blizzard conditions here.So colddddddddd! Cuddle up and keep warm , and have a cuppa hot tea, or cocoa! Hugs to u and glad you are back!

Necee on 2/27/02 at 19:12 (075220)

Hi Linda,
Please keep in touch with us here. When you are feeling down just reach out, someone will be there. I know you must feel all alone, but please know that we are here as support for one another.
You are doing the right thing by seeking help, so please continue, maybe there is a support group in your area.
Depression is a very difficult thing to have to deal with especially when your hurting physically with your feet.
I understand what your saying about gaining weight, I have gained a few extra pounds myself because I can't be as active as I once was. The exercise is just too much for my feet. Even though I work and have to be on them all day long I get home and just relax. It just feels so good to rest!!
You hang in there Linda and keep thinking positive thoughts.
Your in my thoughts and prayers.
Necee

Suzanne D on 2/27/02 at 19:29 (075221)

Hi, Linda, I am thinking of you, too! Yes, it is COLD here! That was sad about the 18 vehicle pile-up. I heard about that on the radio.

I am so sorry you have been down again. As others have said, always come here and know that others care about you!

Stay warm, and I hope you feel better soon! Thanks for your kind words about my friend. If he were here, he would tell you to hang in there and give you a big smile. That was the kind of man he was.

Re: Brrrrr

wendyn on 2/27/02 at 23:34 (075241)

On behalf of all Canadians....we are happy to share our arctic front with our American neighbors to the south.

Enjoy!

Re: i am glag to be back reading the posting . just read the ones to tammie . they were helpful .

linda a on 2/28/02 at 07:52 (075260)

thank you all for your support . just reading your postings to other people helps me out . yes,support groups helps out and so does talking to a counselor . sometimes i am not always able to share alot of my deep feelings though , because of my lack of trust . i am afraid of my feelings being torn apart . however ,i am growing a little bit closer to this new therapist i just met in september . it takes me awhile to gain that trust . wendyn , my canadian friend , you can share the cold weather with alaska . i don't like it !!!!! you can share your beautiful figure skating couple w/ us . i am glad they got a gold medal after all . lousy judging !!! to my dear friend tammie counseling is the best way to go either thru your brother-in-law , church , EAP -employee assistance program -visits are free , or see a counselor on your own --- check on the back of your health insurance card to see what they offer in mental insurance about copays / # visits . don't wait until everything comes crashing down and youy can't handle it any more . i had a nurse friend who was married w/ a teenage daughter who needed help . she found help thru counseling from her church for the whole family , then read up on self help books . you could probably see if the libraby has any books on coping w/ the teenage years . ha ha !!! i think it is like the terrible two's . i live alone so , i just have to put up w/ my cat , chico , biting the top of forehead in the morning . he is my alarm clock ( 1 am , 2am , 3 am ). i told him first of all i don't get up at 1-3 am and second , i haven't return back to work . this darn cat will not listen to me . any helpful hints ? i am going to take this cat w/ me for therapy . he is driving me crazy !!!! linda ( Ky)

john h on 2/28/02 at 09:37 (075269)

Thank you Wendy and Canada for the lovely artic cold front. My bulbs which were in full bloom are dead. My flowering trees which had big buds look like a disaster. My camalia planta which were blooming sends their regards. My outdoor cats especially thank you and last but not least my feet thank you. My wife also thanks you for keeping me in the house to annoy her all day this weekend. You and your Canadian cold fronts are truly the jewells of the north. P.S. it is forcast to snow Saturday. Just think major league baseball season begins in about one month.

Carole C in NOLA on 2/28/02 at 11:44 (075287)

John, thank you for keeping all that frigid air up there in Arkansas wrapped around your frozen bulbs and flowering trees and away from New Orleans. We were supposed to have lows in the mid-20's last night here (they were predicting 11 degrees below the record low for this date). It only got down to 33, though, and now it is beginning to warm up already. Your selfless giving spirit in this matter is much appreciated. (giggle)

No fair keeping all the snow to yourself, though! :)

Carole C

Re: i am glag to be back reading the posting . just read the ones to tammie . they were helpful .

Pam B on 2/28/02 at 18:49 (075327)

Burrrrrrr, it is cold in Delaware too.......I live by the beach and the wind makes it feel even colder.......as far as the kitty kat being a pain.......mine is too......she thinks if she is up the whole house needs to be up....worse part is when I get up, she goes back to sleep.....every morning at 3am she jumps up on my chest or if I am sleeping on the couch she will jump up above my head and lick my face till I get up.......then she curls up and goes to sleep :) I have learned over the years to check her food bowl before sleep time cause god forbid if it gets empty :) cats are strange creatures but I would be lost without her.......but listen if you find a way to keep yours asleep, let me know PLEASE!!!!!!! take care

Carole C in NOLA on 2/27/02 at 17:28 (075204)

Linda, hang in there, this won't last forever. When you heal you will be able to get back into your regular exercise regimen and that will help with the weight loss. The time will pass and then you will have even more years ahead of you to enjoy.

Carole C

Re: Cold here to brrrrrrrrr

Tammie on 2/27/02 at 19:05 (075218)

Linda, You are one strong cookie! I admire your energy and the hard work you do! We are pulling for you , and you remain in our thoughts always! Take care our friend and there is always a new day ! It is cold and blizzard conditions here.So colddddddddd! Cuddle up and keep warm , and have a cuppa hot tea, or cocoa! Hugs to u and glad you are back!

Necee on 2/27/02 at 19:12 (075220)

Hi Linda,
Please keep in touch with us here. When you are feeling down just reach out, someone will be there. I know you must feel all alone, but please know that we are here as support for one another.
You are doing the right thing by seeking help, so please continue, maybe there is a support group in your area.
Depression is a very difficult thing to have to deal with especially when your hurting physically with your feet.
I understand what your saying about gaining weight, I have gained a few extra pounds myself because I can't be as active as I once was. The exercise is just too much for my feet. Even though I work and have to be on them all day long I get home and just relax. It just feels so good to rest!!
You hang in there Linda and keep thinking positive thoughts.
Your in my thoughts and prayers.
Necee

Suzanne D on 2/27/02 at 19:29 (075221)

Hi, Linda, I am thinking of you, too! Yes, it is COLD here! That was sad about the 18 vehicle pile-up. I heard about that on the radio.

I am so sorry you have been down again. As others have said, always come here and know that others care about you!

Stay warm, and I hope you feel better soon! Thanks for your kind words about my friend. If he were here, he would tell you to hang in there and give you a big smile. That was the kind of man he was.

wendyn on 2/27/02 at 23:34 (075241)

On behalf of all Canadians....we are happy to share our arctic front with our American neighbors to the south.

Enjoy!

linda a on 2/28/02 at 07:52 (075260)

thank you all for your support . just reading your postings to other people helps me out . yes,support groups helps out and so does talking to a counselor . sometimes i am not always able to share alot of my deep feelings though , because of my lack of trust . i am afraid of my feelings being torn apart . however ,i am growing a little bit closer to this new therapist i just met in september . it takes me awhile to gain that trust . wendyn , my canadian friend , you can share the cold weather with alaska . i don't like it !!!!! you can share your beautiful figure skating couple w/ us . i am glad they got a gold medal after all . lousy judging !!! to my dear friend tammie counseling is the best way to go either thru your brother-in-law , church , EAP -employee assistance program -visits are free , or see a counselor on your own --- check on the back of your health insurance card to see what they offer in mental insurance about copays / # visits . don't wait until everything comes crashing down and youy can't handle it any more . i had a nurse friend who was married w/ a teenage daughter who needed help . she found help thru counseling from her church for the whole family , then read up on self help books . you could probably see if the libraby has any books on coping w/ the teenage years . ha ha !!! i think it is like the terrible two's . i live alone so , i just have to put up w/ my cat , chico , biting the top of forehead in the morning . he is my alarm clock ( 1 am , 2am , 3 am ). i told him first of all i don't get up at 1-3 am and second , i haven't return back to work . this darn cat will not listen to me . any helpful hints ? i am going to take this cat w/ me for therapy . he is driving me crazy !!!! linda ( Ky)

john h on 2/28/02 at 09:37 (075269)

Thank you Wendy and Canada for the lovely artic cold front. My bulbs which were in full bloom are dead. My flowering trees which had big buds look like a disaster. My camalia planta which were blooming sends their regards. My outdoor cats especially thank you and last but not least my feet thank you. My wife also thanks you for keeping me in the house to annoy her all day this weekend. You and your Canadian cold fronts are truly the jewells of the north. P.S. it is forcast to snow Saturday. Just think major league baseball season begins in about one month.

Carole C in NOLA on 2/28/02 at 11:44 (075287)

John, thank you for keeping all that frigid air up there in Arkansas wrapped around your frozen bulbs and flowering trees and away from New Orleans. We were supposed to have lows in the mid-20's last night here (they were predicting 11 degrees below the record low for this date). It only got down to 33, though, and now it is beginning to warm up already. Your selfless giving spirit in this matter is much appreciated. (giggle)

No fair keeping all the snow to yourself, though! :)

Carole C

Pam B on 2/28/02 at 18:49 (075327)

Burrrrrrr, it is cold in Delaware too.......I live by the beach and the wind makes it feel even colder.......as far as the kitty kat being a pain.......mine is too......she thinks if she is up the whole house needs to be up....worse part is when I get up, she goes back to sleep.....every morning at 3am she jumps up on my chest or if I am sleeping on the couch she will jump up above my head and lick my face till I get up.......then she curls up and goes to sleep :) I have learned over the years to check her food bowl before sleep time cause god forbid if it gets empty :) cats are strange creatures but I would be lost without her.......but listen if you find a way to keep yours asleep, let me know PLEASE!!!!!!! take care