Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Didn't I just buy a house??? help.

Posted by Carmen H on 2/27/02 at 18:26 (075210)

Looks like we are probably almost 100% moving to Tennessee. Or should I say BACK to Tennessee since we both lived there before we lived in Atlanta.
I just painted the bathroom three weeks ago....and the hall last weekend....oh well.
I have the flu so I am feeling a little pity party for Carmen having to up and move again in less than 5 months.
gr.
just had to do a little venting. thanks guys.

Re: Didn't I just buy a house??? help.

Pam B on 2/27/02 at 18:48 (075214)

What part of Tennessee???????? I would love to move there but hubby is planted firmly here and wont even consider it......we live on the shore and he wont even think about mountians :(

Necee on 2/27/02 at 19:00 (075216)

All the best to you Carmen. Hey, moving to Tennessee isn't all that bad. Just remember to take us along when you move!
Keep in touch
Happy Trails....
Necee

Re: Take care of yourself

Tammie on 2/27/02 at 19:10 (075219)

Flu again? I do hope you are taking it easy ! It seems to be hitting pretty hard and where I work they are putting signs on door to limit visitors, as we have alot there and pnemonia! Please take it easy and drink alot of fluid!!! Get plenty of rest and dream of a new adventure that you may have with finding a dream home and being closer to your family! Might be a wonderful journey! Take care now and restttt!

Suzanne D on 2/27/02 at 19:33 (075222)

I am sorry to hear that you are sick, Carmen! I hope you feel stronger soon! I can sympathize after the round I had not long ago.

Moving is such hard work; I can understand your feelings. But you always come back with a positive outlook, and I know you will do that with this situation as well.

You take care, and get some rest! Tennessee is a beautiful state, too.

Suzanne :-)

Crystal S on 2/27/02 at 23:21 (075237)

Hi Carmen,
Come on up! I live in Knoxville,TN. What part will you be coming to? I am sorry to hear that you are sick.I hope you get better soon.Just thought I would say hi and send you a get well soon!

:-)

Crystal

Julie on 2/28/02 at 02:12 (075251)

Hi Carmen

You'll feel better and more like moving when you've got over the flu - I hope that will be very soon.

How come you're moving to Tennessee? Just interested...

Carmen H on 2/28/02 at 07:00 (075253)

Crystal~

I went to college in Knoxville! We'll be moving in between Clarksville nad Nashville.
I will be going through Knoxville quite a bit though as my friends all live in Johnson City where I used to manage the Outback there.
Small world...
Wehre in KNoxville do you live?
I lived in Campus (ALL over) and out in WEst Knoxville on South Peters Road before all that construction took over the road).

Re: ALL

Carmen H on 2/28/02 at 07:05 (075254)

thanks all...I feel better today....flu is almost gone. Working at home makes me very susceptible to the BAD viruses if I go anywhere b/c my immunity isn't built up against those things being home all the time.
Julie~ My husband has been offered a 'can't refuse' job position that would literally help us to never worry about money again (unless we had some crazy emergency) and the position is being offered in his home town. We weren't sure it was going to happen.... (still need to tell them we accept on Friday) b/c we asked for some pretty big numbers and amenities (country club membership, truck, moving expenses, growth bonus etc, etc) and they accepted. I am very proud of my husband...he knows his stuff in the industry and they find him very valuable and that makes me proud.
Hey there are many pluses to this. I amexcited....so once we make it official...we are on the selling road with this house. I will live here until we sell. He will commute every weekend....
So that' is the long short of it. :-)
Thanks everyone for your well wishes. :-)

Carole C in NOLA on 2/28/02 at 11:38 (075286)

Carmen, what a neat adventure! Moving can be such fun, and not having to worry about money will make it so much more fun. I think you will have a ball choosing and decorating a new place to live. Since the new position is offering moving expenses, don't hesitate to sock it to 'em and let the movers do all the work so you don't mess up your feet.

Also, if you don't have one already, you might want to consider getting a small dollie or cart at Home Depot or a similar store. My dollie has been a real help to me in moving in the past, because I can't seem to predict exactly where everything needs to be the first time. I use it a lot just around the house even when I'm not moving, so that I am not picking up heavy things. I figure that might keep me from re-injuring my PF. When I was really hurting a lot, I even used my dollie with a large box to bring my groceries in from the car more easily.

Anyway, congratulations and I hope you have a smooth and easy move into your new home!

Carole C

Richard, C.Ped on 2/28/02 at 13:43 (075300)

Knoxville is a great town. I used to go up there about every weekend for about six months. Loved the drive through the mountains. I knew some people in Johnson City too. I was dating a girl at the time whos parents live in Lenor City. We used to pass Reggie Jackson's house to get there.

Tennessee is a nice state.
Richard

Carmen H on 2/28/02 at 15:19 (075303)

Thanks Carole!! You better believe I am not picking up a heavy box! I scooted the ones I couldn't lift last time. ;-)

Carmen H on 2/28/02 at 15:20 (075304)

Her name wasn't Michelle was it?? ha ha My old roomates parents lived in Lenoir City. Blink and POOF! it's gone!
Knoxville is THE party town of the south. #1 in college party campuses again!
I am not proud to say I once helped contribute to that title...ugh...

john h on 2/28/02 at 15:36 (075307)

Carole: My 'dollie' has also been a 'real' help to me!!!!

john h on 2/28/02 at 15:39 (075308)

My first 10 years of life were spent in Murphy, N.C. which is high in the mountains east of Knoxville. We would go to Knoxville to see the big city and city folks. The drive from Knoxville into the Smokies is breath taking.

Richard, C.Ped on 2/28/02 at 16:08 (075313)

Her name was not Michelle, but I think she had a sister named Michelle. I helped with that campus reputation as well ~blush~.
Richard

Carole C in NOLA on 2/28/02 at 16:24 (075314)

LOL! John, my dollie is very quiet and I keep it tucked away in the closet with the door shut tight until I need something moved. Don't do that with your 'dollie', or someone would call the authorities for sure!(laughing)

Carole C

Carmen H on 2/28/02 at 17:44 (075320)

It is that for sure. I promise if I end up moving back to Tenn. my husband (the biggest Vols fan EVER) will have us back at UTK for games...every chanve he gets.

Pam B on 2/28/02 at 18:43 (075326)

Now that I envy, I am a huge VOLS fan and proud of it :) I have been to TN only once in my life and that was a long long time ago........Mountian City and Shouns.......from what I can remember, the beauty was breath taking......I want to go back now but my husband is a beach person and very stuck in his ways.......one day though he will go or I will go without him :) Good luck to you with your move and think about all us VOL fans that cant go to the games :( Phil Fulmer and his boys are the best :)

Crystal S on 2/28/02 at 20:36 (075334)

Hi Carmen,
That is cool that you lived here.I live in North Knoxville...the Halls/Gibbs area.I grew up in South Knoxville (closer to the smokies) but I moved out here in this part of town 11 years ago when I got married.My grandparents lived in Maynardville all of my childhood so I was familiar with Halls before it was anything except fields,lol.I really love the mountains and go there all of the time.I drove up into the mountains last week and as we were going toward Gatlinburg from the Cades Cove side a bobcat walked right across the road in front of my car.There wasn't anyone behind me so I literally stopped in the road to see it.It just stood there on the side of the road and stared at us.I think it was surprised to see a car because there was hardly any traffic through there at all.My kids thought it was soooo cool.I don't get to actually do any hiking or much walking anymore since the awful problems with my feet,but driving through is still really nice.If you are familiar with Cades Cove then you may know this...there is a road in Cades Cove called Parson's Branch.You get to it by turning down a long gravel road (right where the bathrooms are) and then you turn onto Parson's Branch.Well this road is 8 miles long and takes at least an hour to get through.It is nothing but a one way gravel road and it is AWESOME! It literally goes into the heart of the mountains and is so secluded.We have went through there a ton of times.There is this one place that has rushing water that goes over the road (some parts of the road are concrete) and it is the best to pull your car off there and just listen to the water.We have had many a picnic back there and have come across a few bears,foxes,red wolves,etc.Well enough of my rambling,lol.I get caught up in thinking of the mountains.:-)
We lived in LaVergne,TN for about 3 years and I missed it here so much.I hate Nashville.My father-in-law lives in Nashville and we go there alot.My brother-in-law and his family live in Mt. Juliet too.Plus we have family in Lebanon,TN.So I am back and forth between here and there several times a year.Where we live now is really in the country and up on a BIG hill.I can see Mt Laconte (the tallest mountain in the smokies) from my living room.Plus other mountains(Clinch mountain,etc) from surrounding counties.Want me to post a pic of it? If I know how,lol.My Mom took some with her digital camera and they turned out really good.Well I have written a book now...sorry I got so long winded.
I am glad that you are feeling better now.Take Care of yourself.

Crystal

P.S.
Hey Pam,I know how your hubby feels I LOVE the beach too but I can't give up good ole Rocky Top TN,LOL! I will email you Ok. :-)

Carmen H on 3/01/02 at 06:58 (075353)

WOW....Okay I HAVE TO ASK. Did you mean you've been to Mountain City, Tenn.? By Shady Valley?

I like the vols okay...not a football fan right now but may become one later. The first vol game I went to....years and years ago...Notre Dame vs. Vols.....someone stepped on a ketchup packet and squirted my jeans, dumped beer on my head and poured popcorn down my back.
All unintentional...out of excitement...but that was it for me.

Pam B on 3/01/02 at 07:09 (075356)

Yes Carmen, that Mountian City would be one in the same :) my ex in-laws live there....so needless to say, I have not been back there :)

Now as for the VOL's, I am a pretty new fan of football in itself.....I made a friend online that used to play for them in his college years back in the 70's.......he got me into football and now I have come to like, notice I say like, not love the game.....they say it is easy to understand but I find NASCAR easier to understand......all the plays in football screw me up unlike NASCAR where you get in car, start engine and push everyone out of your way to the finish line and you play the game alone while you are on the track :):):):) I mean you do have a pit crew but lets face it, that driver is out to win that game all by himself.....football needs every one of those big dudes to win......but man do they have nice butts or what.......:):)

As for your VOL game day experience, all I can say is I hope your next one is not so bad :) good luck with your move......what a beautiful state to move to....and congratulations to your hubby on his new job, what an accomplishment and how proud you must be of him

Carmen H on 3/01/02 at 08:18 (075361)

i have never in my life met anyone who even knows where Mtn City is and much less that it is a town with no red lights. :-)
Wow...what was your exes name? I bet my friend Jackie knows the family...she is from Shady.
Thanks for the well wishes on the job...they are calling today to confirm the acceptance of our offer...

Pam B on 3/01/02 at 08:30 (075362)

Hey Carmen, my former last name was Stout.....both of my children who are now adults sport that last name......the relations live in Shouns actully......one on top of a mountian and for the life of me I cannot remember her first name but my ex father in laws name is Herman Stout.....his wifes name is Ruby and her maiden name is Teddar and they also live in Shouns......it has been since 1973 since I was there and I remember the countryside like it was yesterday......my god they rolled the streets up at 6pm :) but it was a very friendly place and one day I am going to go back there just to take in the beauty and lay back :) imagine meeting you here and both of us knowing about Mountian City :) small small world we live in :) I truly do wish you the best of luck, someday I am gonna convince my hubby to like the south :)

Crystal S on 3/04/02 at 01:14 (075595)

Hi Carmen,
I am resending this post to you.I wasn't sure if you received it since it was so far down the list.I just didn't want you to think that I didn't answer you.Hope you are better now.

Crystal

Here is the previous post:

Hi Carmen,
That is cool that you lived here.I live in North Knoxville...the Halls/Gibbs area.I grew up in South Knoxville (closer to the smokies) but I moved out here in this part of town 11 years ago when I got married.My grandparents lived in Maynardville all of my childhood so I was familiar with Halls before it was anything except fields,lol.I really love the mountains and go there all of the time.I drove up into the mountains last week and as we were going toward Gatlinburg from the Cades Cove side a bobcat walked right across the road in front of my car.There wasn't anyone behind me so I literally stopped in the road to see it.It just stood there on the side of the road and stared at us.I think it was surprised to see a car because there was hardly any traffic through there at all.My kids thought it was soooo cool.I don't get to actually do any hiking or much walking anymore since the awful problems with my feet,but driving through is still really nice.If you are familiar with Cades Cove then you may know this...there is a road in Cades Cove called Parson's Branch.You get to it by turning down a long gravel road (right where the bathrooms are) and then you turn onto Parson's Branch.Well this road is 8 miles long and takes at least an hour to get through.It is nothing but a one way gravel road and it is AWESOME! It literally goes into the heart of the mountains and is so secluded.We have went through there a ton of times.There is this one place that has rushing water that goes over the road (some parts of the road are concrete) and it is the best to pull your car off there and just listen to the water.We have had many a picnic back there and have come across a few bears,foxes,red wolves,etc.Well enough of my rambling,lol.I get caught up in thinking of the mountains.:-)
We lived in LaVergne,TN for about 3 years and I missed it here so much.I hate Nashville.My father-in-law lives in Nashville and we go there alot.My brother-in-law and his family live in Mt. Juliet too.Plus we have family in Lebanon,TN.So I am back and forth between here and there several times a year.Where we live now is really in the country and up on a BIG hill.I can see Mt Laconte (the tallest mountain in the smokies) from my living room.Plus other mountains(Clinch mountain,etc) from surrounding counties.Want me to post a pic of it? If I know how,lol.My Mom took some with her digital camera and they turned out really good.Well I have written a book now...sorry I got so long winded.

Crystal

P.S.
Hey Pam,I know how your hubby feels I LOVE the beach too but I can't give up good ole Rocky Top TN,LOL! I will email you Ok. :-)

Pam B on 2/27/02 at 18:48 (075214)

What part of Tennessee???????? I would love to move there but hubby is planted firmly here and wont even consider it......we live on the shore and he wont even think about mountians :(

Necee on 2/27/02 at 19:00 (075216)

All the best to you Carmen. Hey, moving to Tennessee isn't all that bad. Just remember to take us along when you move!
Keep in touch
Happy Trails....
Necee

Re: Take care of yourself

Tammie on 2/27/02 at 19:10 (075219)

Flu again? I do hope you are taking it easy ! It seems to be hitting pretty hard and where I work they are putting signs on door to limit visitors, as we have alot there and pnemonia! Please take it easy and drink alot of fluid!!! Get plenty of rest and dream of a new adventure that you may have with finding a dream home and being closer to your family! Might be a wonderful journey! Take care now and restttt!

Suzanne D on 2/27/02 at 19:33 (075222)

I am sorry to hear that you are sick, Carmen! I hope you feel stronger soon! I can sympathize after the round I had not long ago.

Moving is such hard work; I can understand your feelings. But you always come back with a positive outlook, and I know you will do that with this situation as well.

You take care, and get some rest! Tennessee is a beautiful state, too.

Suzanne :-)

Crystal S on 2/27/02 at 23:21 (075237)

Hi Carmen,
Come on up! I live in Knoxville,TN. What part will you be coming to? I am sorry to hear that you are sick.I hope you get better soon.Just thought I would say hi and send you a get well soon!

Crystal

Julie on 2/28/02 at 02:12 (075251)

Hi Carmen

You'll feel better and more like moving when you've got over the flu - I hope that will be very soon.

How come you're moving to Tennessee? Just interested...

Carmen H on 2/28/02 at 07:00 (075253)

Crystal~

I went to college in Knoxville! We'll be moving in between Clarksville nad Nashville.
I will be going through Knoxville quite a bit though as my friends all live in Johnson City where I used to manage the Outback there.
Small world...
Wehre in KNoxville do you live?
I lived in Campus (ALL over) and out in WEst Knoxville on South Peters Road before all that construction took over the road).

Carmen H on 2/28/02 at 07:05 (075254)

thanks all...I feel better today....flu is almost gone. Working at home makes me very susceptible to the BAD viruses if I go anywhere b/c my immunity isn't built up against those things being home all the time.
Julie~ My husband has been offered a 'can't refuse' job position that would literally help us to never worry about money again (unless we had some crazy emergency) and the position is being offered in his home town. We weren't sure it was going to happen.... (still need to tell them we accept on Friday) b/c we asked for some pretty big numbers and amenities (country club membership, truck, moving expenses, growth bonus etc, etc) and they accepted. I am very proud of my husband...he knows his stuff in the industry and they find him very valuable and that makes me proud.
Hey there are many pluses to this. I amexcited....so once we make it official...we are on the selling road with this house. I will live here until we sell. He will commute every weekend....
So that' is the long short of it. :-)
Thanks everyone for your well wishes. :-)

Carole C in NOLA on 2/28/02 at 11:38 (075286)

Carmen, what a neat adventure! Moving can be such fun, and not having to worry about money will make it so much more fun. I think you will have a ball choosing and decorating a new place to live. Since the new position is offering moving expenses, don't hesitate to sock it to 'em and let the movers do all the work so you don't mess up your feet.

Also, if you don't have one already, you might want to consider getting a small dollie or cart at Home Depot or a similar store. My dollie has been a real help to me in moving in the past, because I can't seem to predict exactly where everything needs to be the first time. I use it a lot just around the house even when I'm not moving, so that I am not picking up heavy things. I figure that might keep me from re-injuring my PF. When I was really hurting a lot, I even used my dollie with a large box to bring my groceries in from the car more easily.

Anyway, congratulations and I hope you have a smooth and easy move into your new home!

Carole C

Richard, C.Ped on 2/28/02 at 13:43 (075300)

Knoxville is a great town. I used to go up there about every weekend for about six months. Loved the drive through the mountains. I knew some people in Johnson City too. I was dating a girl at the time whos parents live in Lenor City. We used to pass Reggie Jackson's house to get there.

Tennessee is a nice state.
Richard

Carmen H on 2/28/02 at 15:19 (075303)

Thanks Carole!! You better believe I am not picking up a heavy box! I scooted the ones I couldn't lift last time. ;-)

Carmen H on 2/28/02 at 15:20 (075304)

Her name wasn't Michelle was it?? ha ha My old roomates parents lived in Lenoir City. Blink and POOF! it's gone!
Knoxville is THE party town of the south. #1 in college party campuses again!
I am not proud to say I once helped contribute to that title...ugh...

john h on 2/28/02 at 15:36 (075307)

Carole: My 'dollie' has also been a 'real' help to me!!!!

john h on 2/28/02 at 15:39 (075308)

My first 10 years of life were spent in Murphy, N.C. which is high in the mountains east of Knoxville. We would go to Knoxville to see the big city and city folks. The drive from Knoxville into the Smokies is breath taking.

Richard, C.Ped on 2/28/02 at 16:08 (075313)

Her name was not Michelle, but I think she had a sister named Michelle. I helped with that campus reputation as well ~blush~.
Richard

Carole C in NOLA on 2/28/02 at 16:24 (075314)

LOL! John, my dollie is very quiet and I keep it tucked away in the closet with the door shut tight until I need something moved. Don't do that with your 'dollie', or someone would call the authorities for sure!(laughing)

Carole C

Carmen H on 2/28/02 at 17:44 (075320)

It is that for sure. I promise if I end up moving back to Tenn. my husband (the biggest Vols fan EVER) will have us back at UTK for games...every chanve he gets.

Pam B on 2/28/02 at 18:43 (075326)

Now that I envy, I am a huge VOLS fan and proud of it :) I have been to TN only once in my life and that was a long long time ago........Mountian City and Shouns.......from what I can remember, the beauty was breath taking......I want to go back now but my husband is a beach person and very stuck in his ways.......one day though he will go or I will go without him :) Good luck to you with your move and think about all us VOL fans that cant go to the games :( Phil Fulmer and his boys are the best :)

Crystal S on 2/28/02 at 20:36 (075334)

Hi Carmen,

Crystal

P.S.

Carmen H on 3/01/02 at 06:58 (075353)

WOW....Okay I HAVE TO ASK. Did you mean you've been to Mountain City, Tenn.? By Shady Valley?

I like the vols okay...not a football fan right now but may become one later. The first vol game I went to....years and years ago...Notre Dame vs. Vols.....someone stepped on a ketchup packet and squirted my jeans, dumped beer on my head and poured popcorn down my back.
All unintentional...out of excitement...but that was it for me.

Pam B on 3/01/02 at 07:09 (075356)

Yes Carmen, that Mountian City would be one in the same :) my ex in-laws live there....so needless to say, I have not been back there :)

Now as for the VOL's, I am a pretty new fan of football in itself.....I made a friend online that used to play for them in his college years back in the 70's.......he got me into football and now I have come to like, notice I say like, not love the game.....they say it is easy to understand but I find NASCAR easier to understand......all the plays in football screw me up unlike NASCAR where you get in car, start engine and push everyone out of your way to the finish line and you play the game alone while you are on the track :):):):) I mean you do have a pit crew but lets face it, that driver is out to win that game all by himself.....football needs every one of those big dudes to win......but man do they have nice butts or what.......:):)

As for your VOL game day experience, all I can say is I hope your next one is not so bad :) good luck with your move......what a beautiful state to move to....and congratulations to your hubby on his new job, what an accomplishment and how proud you must be of him

Carmen H on 3/01/02 at 08:18 (075361)

i have never in my life met anyone who even knows where Mtn City is and much less that it is a town with no red lights. :-)
Wow...what was your exes name? I bet my friend Jackie knows the family...she is from Shady.
Thanks for the well wishes on the job...they are calling today to confirm the acceptance of our offer...

Pam B on 3/01/02 at 08:30 (075362)

Hey Carmen, my former last name was Stout.....both of my children who are now adults sport that last name......the relations live in Shouns actully......one on top of a mountian and for the life of me I cannot remember her first name but my ex father in laws name is Herman Stout.....his wifes name is Ruby and her maiden name is Teddar and they also live in Shouns......it has been since 1973 since I was there and I remember the countryside like it was yesterday......my god they rolled the streets up at 6pm :) but it was a very friendly place and one day I am going to go back there just to take in the beauty and lay back :) imagine meeting you here and both of us knowing about Mountian City :) small small world we live in :) I truly do wish you the best of luck, someday I am gonna convince my hubby to like the south :)

Crystal S on 3/04/02 at 01:14 (075595)

Hi Carmen,
I am resending this post to you.I wasn't sure if you received it since it was so far down the list.I just didn't want you to think that I didn't answer you.Hope you are better now.

Crystal

Here is the previous post:

Hi Carmen,

Crystal

P.S.