Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel spur

Posted by jojor on 2/28/02 at 08:03 (075262)

I have a left heel spur which has prolonged for over a year. I have tried the standard therapies: hot/cold, stretching, shots, acupunture, acupressure. The therapist at Baptist Hospital and Mt. Sinai Hospital ran out of exercises for me to do.

I read about the treatment with the OssaTron for plantar fasciitis and would like to know more about it and whether it is covered by the Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO plan. I know the FDA has approved this treatment and the doctors have been given a medical code for this treatment.

I live in Miami Beach and I know the closed facility for this treatment is in Orlando. Please let me know if any new facility has been opened in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Re: Heel spur

Carmen H on 3/03/02 at 13:12 (075544)

JoJo
I am on BCBS PPO but each plan will differ accoring to the company plan you are on I believe. It IS covered as of Jan 1 2002. But call the Podiatrists office and get the EXACT code they would bill insurance at and then call the insurane company and get it clarified. Also your doc will preauthorize this (I hope).good luck!

Re: Heel spur

Carmen H on 3/03/02 at 13:12 (075544)

JoJo
I am on BCBS PPO but each plan will differ accoring to the company plan you are on I believe. It IS covered as of Jan 1 2002. But call the Podiatrists office and get the EXACT code they would bill insurance at and then call the insurane company and get it clarified. Also your doc will preauthorize this (I hope).good luck!