Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

North Face Targas

Posted by RACHAEL T. on 2/28/02 at 23:27 (075348)

For those of you who have found comfort in North Face Targas, what style do you recommend as best for women with P.F.
I await your reply - Thank you!

Re: North Face Targas

Julie on 3/01/02 at 02:48 (075352)

Rachael, I may be wrong, but I think there is only one style. The make is North Face, the style is Targa. They come in both women's and men's sizes.

I've checked the box mine came in, and it says only 'Wmns Targa'.

One of their attributes, apart from those I've lauded in the past (high, wide toe box with plenty of houseroom for bunions and orthotics) is that they have a really thick sole, and good tread. Suitable for your training work, perhaps?

I think they're certainly worth a try: they're not wildly expensive.

RACHAEL T. on 3/01/02 at 07:03 (075355)

Thanks Julie, soooo much - I shall search out a pair & give them a try....what's another pair of shoes when the closet already has numerous pairs! Smiling as I type that!

Julie on 3/01/02 at 08:30 (075363)

Hi Rachael

I hope this pair stays on your feet! Good luck.

Have you read Jane Smiley's 'Horse Heaven?' I've been meaning to ask you.

RACHAEL T. on 3/01/02 at 08:40 (075365)

Reading it right now!!!! Good! & pretty true to life! I see some of those characters right here in my barn & on the horse show circuit! Laughing this time as I type!!! Back to the feet/ shoes, I'd love to find that roomy toe box of Targas & the firm sole is what I like with my Ariat riding boots!!! Try them sometime - they look great with jeans & are a happy change of looks from my present NB & Birk Bostons! The Targas sound good & a welcome change too!

Julie on 3/01/02 at 11:59 (075389)

I was sure Horse Heaven had to be true to life - it certainly sounds it, but having NO experience of the horse racing world I couldn't be sure. Thanks for the confirmation. I'm glad you like it - I thought it was marvellous. Especially the horse-characters.

Julie on 3/01/02 at 02:48 (075352)

Rachael, I may be wrong, but I think there is only one style. The make is North Face, the style is Targa. They come in both women's and men's sizes.

I've checked the box mine came in, and it says only 'Wmns Targa'.

One of their attributes, apart from those I've lauded in the past (high, wide toe box with plenty of houseroom for bunions and orthotics) is that they have a really thick sole, and good tread. Suitable for your training work, perhaps?

I think they're certainly worth a try: they're not wildly expensive.

RACHAEL T. on 3/01/02 at 07:03 (075355)

Thanks Julie, soooo much - I shall search out a pair & give them a try....what's another pair of shoes when the closet already has numerous pairs! Smiling as I type that!

Julie on 3/01/02 at 08:30 (075363)

Hi Rachael

I hope this pair stays on your feet! Good luck.

Have you read Jane Smiley's 'Horse Heaven?' I've been meaning to ask you.

RACHAEL T. on 3/01/02 at 08:40 (075365)

Reading it right now!!!! Good! & pretty true to life! I see some of those characters right here in my barn & on the horse show circuit! Laughing this time as I type!!! Back to the feet/ shoes, I'd love to find that roomy toe box of Targas & the firm sole is what I like with my Ariat riding boots!!! Try them sometime - they look great with jeans & are a happy change of looks from my present NB & Birk Bostons! The Targas sound good & a welcome change too!

Julie on 3/01/02 at 11:59 (075389)

I was sure Horse Heaven had to be true to life - it certainly sounds it, but having NO experience of the horse racing world I couldn't be sure. Thanks for the confirmation. I'm glad you like it - I thought it was marvellous. Especially the horse-characters.