Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PF

Posted by John k on 3/01/02 at 14:13 (075406)

Noboby who has not been disabled by PF can believe how bad it can be. This is one of the worst things about PF and TTS. You can't see it, but it can completely knock you out of your normal life and even disable you from work. You can lose an arm or a leg but to be in such pain in both feet is big trouble. My hat is off to all fellow sufferers.

Re: PF

Carole C in NOLA on 3/01/02 at 14:35 (075410)

That is so true, John! One reason I 'hang out' on this message board so much is that people here understand the devastating physical and emotional effects of PF. We are all in the same boat and it's tough!

And, if I joke about how many pairs of shoes I've bought lately (9), nobody here acts like I'm nuts. Other people would probably be calling the little men in the white coats to come and take me away.

I don't usually even mention my foot problems to people I know in real life. People who don't know about foot problems seem to think all this is, is just strain due to overweight. So, I tell them I have Achilles tendonitis due to an athletic injury, and they at least act like that's real pain. (It's not lying, either, because I have tendonitis with my PF, and got all of it due to poor judgment when increasing my workout.)

Because it is so disabling, I would like to say a few words to anyone who is reading this, and who is feeling foot pain but hoping it is not plantar fasciitis and instead will just go away. If you have had it for a week or so and it's not any better, really, then make an appointment NOW to see a doctor or podiatrist. Statistics say that the sooner you start treatment, and the more you work at conservative (nonsurgical) treatments early on, the faster your recovery. It's not worth the risk of being disabled for months or years, just to possibly save the cost of one doctor appointment!

Carole C

Pam B on 3/01/02 at 16:32 (075420)

Man how true this is.....people cant see it so to them it does not exsist.....it was the same thing with both of my back surgeries.....just because they cant see it, they think you are faking or something cause you are lazy......same thing here......even someone in my family made a comment suggesting I was looking for a vacation......if he only knew.....it is hard to believe it can knock you down so totally but it does and we have to deal with it one way or the other.....I guess this family member must think I paid the doc off just to open me up and look inside my foot for nothing too ;)

And Carol, I love hearing about all your shoes :) really I do cause now I dont feel so bad.....I have to tell you I read your posts to my hubby cause he thinks I am the only one in the world that does it.....he tells his friends I have a shoe fetish.......:) just kidding, but I do try them all looking for the pair that will be the miracle shoe.......I will let you know if I find it and you can do the same......

For any of the new readers here, Carol is so right, if your foot hurts more than a week or so, go to the doc and start treatment right away.....if you catch it soon enough chances are you will be able to control it.....

:)

Carole C in NOLA on 3/01/02 at 14:35 (075410)

That is so true, John! One reason I 'hang out' on this message board so much is that people here understand the devastating physical and emotional effects of PF. We are all in the same boat and it's tough!

And, if I joke about how many pairs of shoes I've bought lately (9), nobody here acts like I'm nuts. Other people would probably be calling the little men in the white coats to come and take me away.

I don't usually even mention my foot problems to people I know in real life. People who don't know about foot problems seem to think all this is, is just strain due to overweight. So, I tell them I have Achilles tendonitis due to an athletic injury, and they at least act like that's real pain. (It's not lying, either, because I have tendonitis with my PF, and got all of it due to poor judgment when increasing my workout.)

Because it is so disabling, I would like to say a few words to anyone who is reading this, and who is feeling foot pain but hoping it is not plantar fasciitis and instead will just go away. If you have had it for a week or so and it's not any better, really, then make an appointment NOW to see a doctor or podiatrist. Statistics say that the sooner you start treatment, and the more you work at conservative (nonsurgical) treatments early on, the faster your recovery. It's not worth the risk of being disabled for months or years, just to possibly save the cost of one doctor appointment!

Carole C

Pam B on 3/01/02 at 16:32 (075420)

Man how true this is.....people cant see it so to them it does not exsist.....it was the same thing with both of my back surgeries.....just because they cant see it, they think you are faking or something cause you are lazy......same thing here......even someone in my family made a comment suggesting I was looking for a vacation......if he only knew.....it is hard to believe it can knock you down so totally but it does and we have to deal with it one way or the other.....I guess this family member must think I paid the doc off just to open me up and look inside my foot for nothing too ;)

And Carol, I love hearing about all your shoes :) really I do cause now I dont feel so bad.....I have to tell you I read your posts to my hubby cause he thinks I am the only one in the world that does it.....he tells his friends I have a shoe fetish.......:) just kidding, but I do try them all looking for the pair that will be the miracle shoe.......I will let you know if I find it and you can do the same......

For any of the new readers here, Carol is so right, if your foot hurts more than a week or so, go to the doc and start treatment right away.....if you catch it soon enough chances are you will be able to control it.....

:)