Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

balls of feet

Posted by Donna on 3/01/02 at 18:56 (075424)

my balls of my feet hurts so bad it just started hurting just lately i have to wear steel toe boots at work they have never hurt me before
could u suggest something to help the balls of myfeet ty donna

Re: balls of feet

Richard, C.Ped on 3/02/02 at 09:33 (075461)

Hi Donna,
Believe it or not, I see alot of people that have the same complaint when the start wearing steel toe boots. You might be able to get a simple metatarsal pad or a gel cushion device from somewhere like Wal-Mart or K-Mart to put in your shoe.

Check and make sure the width of the shoe is correct for you. It may be that the shoe is a little tight at the ball, causing the metatarsal heads to crunch together. I see many people here that say they wear certain size, such as a 8 1/2 medium. Shoes are made different, and measuring devices such as the Brannock are not universal.

Do any of your toes go numb while wearing the boot?

Richard, C.Ped

Re: balls of feet

Richard, C.Ped on 3/02/02 at 09:33 (075461)

Hi Donna,
Believe it or not, I see alot of people that have the same complaint when the start wearing steel toe boots. You might be able to get a simple metatarsal pad or a gel cushion device from somewhere like Wal-Mart or K-Mart to put in your shoe.

Check and make sure the width of the shoe is correct for you. It may be that the shoe is a little tight at the ball, causing the metatarsal heads to crunch together. I see many people here that say they wear certain size, such as a 8 1/2 medium. Shoes are made different, and measuring devices such as the Brannock are not universal.

Do any of your toes go numb while wearing the boot?

Richard, C.Ped