Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dr. Z is back to answer your foot questions !!

Posted by DR Zuckerman on 3/02/02 at 17:57 (075489)

Vacation was great but glad to be back. I missed everyones feet

Re: Welcome back! (nm)

Carole C in NOLA on 3/02/02 at 18:53 (075492)

Welcome back! We missed you.

Carole C

Re: Dr. Z is back to answer your foot questions !!

Mahatmelissamsa on 3/02/02 at 18:53 (075493)

Hi Dr. Z,

I am glad you had a great vacation.

Question: I told my pod that my pain is all in my heel (not spread out so much over arch anymore, in fact arch doesn't hurt but now heels hurt more). She said 'Since your pain is localised, you are improving'. She also told me 'arch support takes a long time to heal'. I am wearing ortho pads (they used a computer scan) that are sort of flexible)...she said 'I should have had her office make the orthos since they would have been more supportive'.

I do hope she is right...this is taking light years to improve and I can hardly tell.

She also had a foot cast made for my left foot at night to help my morning pain. She said she will have one made for my right foot if it helps.

Mahatmelissamsa on 3/02/02 at 18:54 (075494)

Duh! I am braindead...forgot to get to the question...question for last post was 'Why is a plus to have pain localised?' Also 'Why does it take so long for arch supports to help?'

Pam B on 3/02/02 at 19:01 (075496)

Welcome back doc........hope your vaca was a great one, we missed you :)

DR Zuckerman on 3/02/02 at 19:56 (075502)

Hi

Is the orthosis called footmaxx. If the orthosis are too flexible they can have material added to the arch to change this. IF stress fracture has been ruled out and this is plantar fasciitis strictly if can take a long time to heal. Get more support with the orthosis the doctor can send them out to fix them at any lab not just where they were made Why is it a plus to have it localized well pain is pain but if it is localized it tells the doctor what is causing the pain. All over the place makes it very confusing

DR Zuckerman on 3/02/02 at 19:58 (075503)

Had a great time. really . It was the first time in two years that I didn't go to the internet cafes in Europe to check in. Sorry. I miss you guys and treating feet. The vacation really recharged my batteries

Julie on 3/03/02 at 03:20 (075514)

Welcome back Dr Z. Very sensible of you not to prowl the internet cafes for news of feet. That's probably why the vacation really recharged your batteries!

Did you go to Paris again?

Re: Mahatmelissamsa, please correct your email address

Scott R on 3/03/02 at 17:42 (075567)

Mahatmelissamsa, please correct your email address on your posts.

Mahatmelissama on 3/06/02 at 16:13 (075849)

It is called 'Amfit', size 43-44. They are blue and semi-rigid (kind of like a the material in a car seat...I can't think of anything close to it). They do not give, but they are not plastic. At first I thought they were too hard but now I am used to them.
My xrays were 'good' (said the pod) and she did not see anything unusual.

I am trying desperately to lose weight (lost 10 lbs but still have a ways to go) which I think will really help me...
plus I am trying to wear the cast with wraps (to straighten left foot) for a couple hours a night (I am not able to
bear it a whole night yet).

Mahatmelissama on 3/06/02 at 16:14 (075851)

Como, Scott?? I put my e-mail in the e-mail portion and have been getting e-mails whenever any of y'all reply...

Ricky L on 3/06/02 at 16:18 (075853)

Hi Doc,

I definitely need your help, My girlfriend hade surgery on her left foot yesterday. She had a part of her bone cut(Where the big toe is), she had a
deflection of the bone and she was having a hard time doing activities, it would always hurt. But know here's the problem, her foot has swollen up and there is pressure build up, the pains is unbearable. She is currently taking 2 no 3 Tylenol every 4 hours, but I think her system is use to the drug and she's crying because of the pressure. I'm putting ice almost every hour for 10 to 15 min. I need your help, please... my adresse is (email removed). PLEASE write ASAP.

Thanks a lot Doc

Carole C in NOLA on 3/06/02 at 16:48 (075855)

Ricky, call the doctor that did the surgery. He can give you some better pain medication than Tylenol, and he will need to know if something has gone wrong!

Carole C

Ricky L on 3/07/02 at 14:20 (075909)

Thanks for the suggestion, that's what I did. He gave her 1 mg of didaulin or something like that... It made her throw up for the first ten minutes but after that she was very comfortable. She said that she slept like a baby.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

By the way can you tell me if 'didaulin' or someting like that is stronger than Morphine???

Carole C in NOLA on 3/07/02 at 16:05 (075918)

I'm not a doctor, but I believe Dilaudin is hydromorphone hydrochloride, which is an opiate also. I'm glad it helped her!

Carole C

Richard, C.Ped on 3/09/02 at 15:49 (076047)

'Dilaudid'. My pharmacy days actually came in handy.
Richard :-)

Re: Yes, that's it! :) (nm)

Carole C in NOLA on 3/09/02 at 19:10 (076072)

Re: Welcome back! (nm)

Carole C in NOLA on 3/02/02 at 18:53 (075492)

Welcome back! We missed you.

Carole C

Mahatmelissamsa on 3/02/02 at 18:53 (075493)

Hi Dr. Z,

I am glad you had a great vacation.

Question: I told my pod that my pain is all in my heel (not spread out so much over arch anymore, in fact arch doesn't hurt but now heels hurt more). She said 'Since your pain is localised, you are improving'. She also told me 'arch support takes a long time to heal'. I am wearing ortho pads (they used a computer scan) that are sort of flexible)...she said 'I should have had her office make the orthos since they would have been more supportive'.

I do hope she is right...this is taking light years to improve and I can hardly tell.

She also had a foot cast made for my left foot at night to help my morning pain. She said she will have one made for my right foot if it helps.

Mahatmelissamsa on 3/02/02 at 18:54 (075494)

Duh! I am braindead...forgot to get to the question...question for last post was 'Why is a plus to have pain localised?' Also 'Why does it take so long for arch supports to help?'

Pam B on 3/02/02 at 19:01 (075496)

Welcome back doc........hope your vaca was a great one, we missed you :)

DR Zuckerman on 3/02/02 at 19:56 (075502)

Hi

Is the orthosis called footmaxx. If the orthosis are too flexible they can have material added to the arch to change this. IF stress fracture has been ruled out and this is plantar fasciitis strictly if can take a long time to heal. Get more support with the orthosis the doctor can send them out to fix them at any lab not just where they were made Why is it a plus to have it localized well pain is pain but if it is localized it tells the doctor what is causing the pain. All over the place makes it very confusing

DR Zuckerman on 3/02/02 at 19:58 (075503)

Had a great time. really . It was the first time in two years that I didn't go to the internet cafes in Europe to check in. Sorry. I miss you guys and treating feet. The vacation really recharged my batteries

Julie on 3/03/02 at 03:20 (075514)

Welcome back Dr Z. Very sensible of you not to prowl the internet cafes for news of feet. That's probably why the vacation really recharged your batteries!

Did you go to Paris again?

Scott R on 3/03/02 at 17:42 (075567)

Mahatmelissamsa, please correct your email address on your posts.

Mahatmelissama on 3/06/02 at 16:13 (075849)

It is called 'Amfit', size 43-44. They are blue and semi-rigid (kind of like a the material in a car seat...I can't think of anything close to it). They do not give, but they are not plastic. At first I thought they were too hard but now I am used to them.
My xrays were 'good' (said the pod) and she did not see anything unusual.

I am trying desperately to lose weight (lost 10 lbs but still have a ways to go) which I think will really help me...
plus I am trying to wear the cast with wraps (to straighten left foot) for a couple hours a night (I am not able to
bear it a whole night yet).

Mahatmelissama on 3/06/02 at 16:14 (075851)

Como, Scott?? I put my e-mail in the e-mail portion and have been getting e-mails whenever any of y'all reply...

Ricky L on 3/06/02 at 16:18 (075853)

Hi Doc,

I definitely need your help, My girlfriend hade surgery on her left foot yesterday. She had a part of her bone cut(Where the big toe is), she had a
deflection of the bone and she was having a hard time doing activities, it would always hurt. But know here's the problem, her foot has swollen up and there is pressure build up, the pains is unbearable. She is currently taking 2 no 3 Tylenol every 4 hours, but I think her system is use to the drug and she's crying because of the pressure. I'm putting ice almost every hour for 10 to 15 min. I need your help, please... my adresse is (email removed). PLEASE write ASAP.

Thanks a lot Doc

Carole C in NOLA on 3/06/02 at 16:48 (075855)

Ricky, call the doctor that did the surgery. He can give you some better pain medication than Tylenol, and he will need to know if something has gone wrong!

Carole C

Ricky L on 3/07/02 at 14:20 (075909)

Thanks for the suggestion, that's what I did. He gave her 1 mg of didaulin or something like that... It made her throw up for the first ten minutes but after that she was very comfortable. She said that she slept like a baby.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

By the way can you tell me if 'didaulin' or someting like that is stronger than Morphine???

Carole C in NOLA on 3/07/02 at 16:05 (075918)

I'm not a doctor, but I believe Dilaudin is hydromorphone hydrochloride, which is an opiate also. I'm glad it helped her!

Carole C

Richard, C.Ped on 3/09/02 at 15:49 (076047)

'Dilaudid'. My pharmacy days actually came in handy.
Richard :-)

Re: Yes, that's it! :) (nm)

Carole C in NOLA on 3/09/02 at 19:10 (076072)