Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Question for DR or anyone (TTS Diagnosis ?)

Posted by Tony S. on 3/05/02 at 08:01 (075714)

My feet pain started in the heels in May 2001. I was diagnosed with Bilateral PF. Dr, made me RIGID orthotics and I stand all day at work. No success, then had cortisone with little success. Heel pain began to subside, but then intense burning became a sympton as my podiatrist said to continue wearing the RIGID orthotics. Saw my family DR and he told me to take the orthotics out and burning was lighter. Saw two other podiatrists in Sept.-Jan 2002 and heel pain was gone, but burning was still present. Nerve Conduction/EMG was negative and Bone Scan was negative (just some hot spots?) I was referred to an ortho and too diagnosed PF and gave me a third cortisone in each foot. Then he released the right fascia on Feb 7, and burning still persists in both feet. Main area of burning is directly in the middle on the bottom of my foot and some in the arches. Barefooted I am fine/ Shoes on I am horrible. Yesterday he gave me cortisone in each ankle around the Tarsal area as another diagnosis tool. I am on Neurontin with very little change. MRI of ankles showed fluid around tendons, but nothing else significant. Never had MRI of my actual feet. ANY THOUGHTS OR COMMENTS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED !!

Re: Question for DR or anyone (TTS Diagnosis ?)

Ed Davis, DPM on 3/08/02 at 20:50 (075995)

What is the location of the burning in both feet?
Ed

Tony S. on 3/08/02 at 22:04 (076000)

The bottoms of both feet and mainly in the middle. When I have shoes on it simply feels like the bottoms of my feet are rotten. That is the best way to describe it. Barefooted I am fine as feet feel almost normal.

Ed Davis, DPM on 3/09/02 at 16:08 (076056)

Do you have absolutely no pain when going barefoot? What happens when wearing sandals? Does not sound like PF.
Ed

Tony S. on 3/10/02 at 18:54 (076137)

No pain when barefooted. Sandals are also pretty good with some mild burning, but no pain.

Ed Davis, DPM on 3/08/02 at 20:50 (075995)

What is the location of the burning in both feet?
Ed

Tony S. on 3/08/02 at 22:04 (076000)

The bottoms of both feet and mainly in the middle. When I have shoes on it simply feels like the bottoms of my feet are rotten. That is the best way to describe it. Barefooted I am fine as feet feel almost normal.

Ed Davis, DPM on 3/09/02 at 16:08 (076056)

Do you have absolutely no pain when going barefoot? What happens when wearing sandals? Does not sound like PF.
Ed

Tony S. on 3/10/02 at 18:54 (076137)

No pain when barefooted. Sandals are also pretty good with some mild burning, but no pain.