Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

What kind of healing time did you experience

Posted by LoriH on 3/05/02 at 10:49 (075729)

I have been reading this board for about 3 weeks now, and yet have anyone to give their experience in plain terms. I would appreciate anyone who has had ESWT to email me at (email removed). Good or bad. I have had PF for about 2 years now. I am employed in job that requires me to pound pavement for 10 hours a day while lifting packages ranging from 20-70lbs. Talk about some pain. I have had several different methods of treatment but none that have put me at a tolerable pain level. I am checking into having ESWT, and yes my insurance covers it(that's where I started). I would like to hear about the days following ESWT, and how long it takes to feel different. I'm very curious if returning to my job too soon would be deterimental to my healing process. Thanks.

Re: What kind of healing time did you experience

BrianG on 3/05/02 at 22:11 (075789)

Hi Lori,

Everyone heals at different rates, for both surgery and ESWT. Add to that, the different types of jobs we have, and your going to find answers that are probably longer than you have been led to believe. A lot of doctors tend to under estimate the healing time. I think your looking to 3 to 4 months. Probably more if your back on your feet and concrete again.

You should try your best to get light duty for the first 6 months, or even better, a sit down job. The harder you work your feet after the ESWT, the longer it will take to heal them. It may even contribute to failure, if you go right back to work. This can be something that can take over your life, for decades, if not careful (or lucky). Give yourself every break you can, to heal completely, and correctly. Good luck

BrianG

Carmen H on 3/06/02 at 07:12 (075801)

As long as I have ben on this board I can say that there is no 'Plain' term to explain the types of pain PF puts us through...everyone is very different.
I hope the ESWT works for you....consider yourself very fortunate you are covered...as do I! ;-)

Lori on 3/10/02 at 19:00 (076141)

Hi
What kind of insurance do you have? I have been denied from Aetna Ins.

BrianG on 3/05/02 at 22:11 (075789)

Hi Lori,

Everyone heals at different rates, for both surgery and ESWT. Add to that, the different types of jobs we have, and your going to find answers that are probably longer than you have been led to believe. A lot of doctors tend to under estimate the healing time. I think your looking to 3 to 4 months. Probably more if your back on your feet and concrete again.

You should try your best to get light duty for the first 6 months, or even better, a sit down job. The harder you work your feet after the ESWT, the longer it will take to heal them. It may even contribute to failure, if you go right back to work. This can be something that can take over your life, for decades, if not careful (or lucky). Give yourself every break you can, to heal completely, and correctly. Good luck

BrianG

Carmen H on 3/06/02 at 07:12 (075801)

As long as I have ben on this board I can say that there is no 'Plain' term to explain the types of pain PF puts us through...everyone is very different.
I hope the ESWT works for you....consider yourself very fortunate you are covered...as do I! ;-)

Lori on 3/10/02 at 19:00 (076141)

Hi
What kind of insurance do you have? I have been denied from Aetna Ins.