Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Jean, **Lets talk antiques**

Posted by Necee on 3/05/02 at 20:38 (075778)

Hi there Jean,
I sure enjoyed reading your post.
Wow, do we have something in common. When you posted about your barn, I couldn't believe it! It sounds awesome there. We have a ranch that we spend every weekend at, and once a year we have a 'Barn Sale' inside the barn. I sell antiques, collectibles, typical garage sale stuff, odds and ends, you name it. I also offer cold drinks iced down in a galvanized tub, big dill pickles, and moon pies.
It is so much fun meeting new people and showing them around the place. Seems like everyone is fascinated with our log cabin that they drive past getting to the barn. I've had this Barn Sale for 3 years now and will be having another this Spring, it takes a lot of hard work getting things organized but its worth it.
I hope to open an antique shop in our log cabin some day, but for now I'll keep working at the antique auction and buy as many bargains as I can!!
Happy Trails to you...
Necee

Re: To Jean, **Lets talk antiques**

Jean M on 3/06/02 at 08:44 (075810)

Necee, your Barn sale sounds like an event that people look forward to year after year! I would make ther trip just for a big dill pickle (one of my favorite food items, yum!!) We also sell antiques, collectibles, and other stuff as well as some new merchandise. We have an old farmhouse on our property that we are currently renovating. We weren't sure just what we wanted to do with it, we put a large addition on it and were planning just to live in it. We thought that with the size it was just too much for our family of three, more than we needed. We toyed with the idea of making it retail space too and then build a nice home that was more suitable to our needs. We had a hard time giving up the idea of living in that big old country farm house. We have decided now that we are going to live in it but are planning to make a small bed and breakfast out of it. We don't want to be anything fancy, just plain old country, real simple and real comfortable. I have this huge old antique butternut hutch (it's in out antique shop right now for display), that we are planning to use. It will probably display my old bowls and ball jugs. I have a passion for collecting old kitchen stuff. I don't know how long the project will take as we plan to do most of the work ourselves. My husband and I enjoy working together on projects and find a great deal of satisfaction in the results. We put the ice cream parlor together in our antique shop a few years ago and have really enjoyed it. We have a small counter area where you can sit on a milk can and enjoy a cone, sundae, soda or malt. They make great stools and bring back many a memory to those who grew up on dairy farms. We get to hear such wonderful stories when people stop in and visit with us. I can't imagine being in a better business or having a better job. When we are not in the shop we get to go out treasure hunting and when we are there we get to sell treasures, bring back fond memories and tickle peoples tastebuds!!!!!!

Re: To Jean, **Lets talk antiques**

Jean M on 3/06/02 at 08:44 (075810)

Necee, your Barn sale sounds like an event that people look forward to year after year! I would make ther trip just for a big dill pickle (one of my favorite food items, yum!!) We also sell antiques, collectibles, and other stuff as well as some new merchandise. We have an old farmhouse on our property that we are currently renovating. We weren't sure just what we wanted to do with it, we put a large addition on it and were planning just to live in it. We thought that with the size it was just too much for our family of three, more than we needed. We toyed with the idea of making it retail space too and then build a nice home that was more suitable to our needs. We had a hard time giving up the idea of living in that big old country farm house. We have decided now that we are going to live in it but are planning to make a small bed and breakfast out of it. We don't want to be anything fancy, just plain old country, real simple and real comfortable. I have this huge old antique butternut hutch (it's in out antique shop right now for display), that we are planning to use. It will probably display my old bowls and ball jugs. I have a passion for collecting old kitchen stuff. I don't know how long the project will take as we plan to do most of the work ourselves. My husband and I enjoy working together on projects and find a great deal of satisfaction in the results. We put the ice cream parlor together in our antique shop a few years ago and have really enjoyed it. We have a small counter area where you can sit on a milk can and enjoy a cone, sundae, soda or malt. They make great stools and bring back many a memory to those who grew up on dairy farms. We get to hear such wonderful stories when people stop in and visit with us. I can't imagine being in a better business or having a better job. When we are not in the shop we get to go out treasure hunting and when we are there we get to sell treasures, bring back fond memories and tickle peoples tastebuds!!!!!!