Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Crystal....JUST read your post

Posted by Carmen H on 3/06/02 at 07:22 (075803)

I am sorry!! I just rad your post! Wow...that post got long and I missed quite a bit I am sure....
YES! I am with you on the Mountains...they are amazing....One time 4 of us hopped in the car (YEARS AGO) with tents and a sleeping bag and high tailed it up to Gatlinburg and went over the mtn...kept driving....pulled off the side and camped next to a creek..
It was beautiful. I have been to Cades Cove many times...I do miss the mtns.
I am aware of where Halls is....but it's been about 6-7 years since I lived there in Knoxville area so I would have to be led by the hand again I am sure. I lived on campus, out in WEst Knoxville, over by the 'nut house' in some apts., also downtown on Atchley street in a renovated house.
Wow...my memories of that town....whew. Good thing I left.:-)
Dave Matthews and Santana at the Worlds Fair Park...Iwent backstage to meet Blues Travelers at the Horde FEstival too.
ANYway....I actually like Nashville...I had many meetings and conferences there and enjoyed the city.
Looks like we'll know for sure today when we'll be going. If you ever go to Nashville after I move we could have coffee!
Thanks for your post.....keep in touch!

Re: Crystal....JUST read your post

Crystal S on 3/07/02 at 17:53 (075929)

Hi Carmen,
No problem I figured that you didn't see it,yes that thread definitely did get long.Lots of us on here odviously love TN and the mountains.I know exactly where you used to live.I used to work at the 'nuthouse'. Now that was an interesting job! :-) I am very familiar with how it is around the campus area and the 'strip'.I have been known to party around there a time or 2 myself years ago.I guess Nashville is okay but when we lived in LaVergne I was always going into Nashville to take the kids to the doctor,to go to work,etc and everytime I set foot on the interstate I almost got hit.Most people just can not drive there.I guess that is true of any bigger city though.I am sure even bigger cities are even worse.I sure wouldn't want to live there though.I just like living in the country way to much.Well did you find out if you were moving to TN yet? I hope it works out for you.That sounds like a great opportunity for your husband.My husband works for the state at the TN School for the Deaf and loves it.He says he will retire from there so we are definitely staying put.

I don't drink coffee but coke or tea works for me. :-) Let me know if you are moving for sure.Good luck and have a safe trip if you do.Take care.

Crystal

Re: Crystal....JUST read your post

Crystal S on 3/07/02 at 17:53 (075929)

Hi Carmen,
No problem I figured that you didn't see it,yes that thread definitely did get long.Lots of us on here odviously love TN and the mountains.I know exactly where you used to live.I used to work at the 'nuthouse'. Now that was an interesting job! :-) I am very familiar with how it is around the campus area and the 'strip'.I have been known to party around there a time or 2 myself years ago.I guess Nashville is okay but when we lived in LaVergne I was always going into Nashville to take the kids to the doctor,to go to work,etc and everytime I set foot on the interstate I almost got hit.Most people just can not drive there.I guess that is true of any bigger city though.I am sure even bigger cities are even worse.I sure wouldn't want to live there though.I just like living in the country way to much.Well did you find out if you were moving to TN yet? I hope it works out for you.That sounds like a great opportunity for your husband.My husband works for the state at the TN School for the Deaf and loves it.He says he will retire from there so we are definitely staying put.

I don't drink coffee but coke or tea works for me. :-) Let me know if you are moving for sure.Good luck and have a safe trip if you do.Take care.

Crystal