Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Feetsies are feeling better - cross my fingers (and toes)

Posted by CatherineL on 3/06/02 at 19:07 (075869)

HI all,

havent' been here in a couple of weeks... been through alot lately...

I've been on doxycyline daily for about 6 weeks now (for arthritis?) and flexril daily for about a week now (for migraines) and my feet have been overall pretty good the last week of so.

I don't know which one has done it.. or if it's cuz I've been out-of-order a few days, but I'm not in constant pain anymore, although it's not gone, I'm coping quite well and haven't used my handi-cap parking permit in over a week!!!

Any ideas/suggestions on which is helping?

its great to be on the upside for a few days at least.

Catherine

Re: YAY!

Carole C in NOLA on 3/06/02 at 19:26 (075870)

Catherine, it's good to hear from you! My vote is for the flexoril. Flexoril is a muscle relaxer. My ex used to take it for his back. I've noticed that my PF hurt more when they are cramping, and that anything that relaxes my muscles cuts down on my PF pain. Maybe that's what happened to you!

With any luck, now that your muscles are relaxed they will tend to stay that way when you go off of it. They've had a chance to heal, some, and that's great. I'm so glad to hear that you are doing better!

I'm doing pretty well too, but I still use my parking hangtag and I still need to do my stretches and avoid walking barefoot. At least I am not in any pain today. :)

Carole C

Re: YAY!

Carole C in NOLA on 3/06/02 at 19:26 (075870)

Catherine, it's good to hear from you! My vote is for the flexoril. Flexoril is a muscle relaxer. My ex used to take it for his back. I've noticed that my PF hurt more when they are cramping, and that anything that relaxes my muscles cuts down on my PF pain. Maybe that's what happened to you!

With any luck, now that your muscles are relaxed they will tend to stay that way when you go off of it. They've had a chance to heal, some, and that's great. I'm so glad to hear that you are doing better!

I'm doing pretty well too, but I still use my parking hangtag and I still need to do my stretches and avoid walking barefoot. At least I am not in any pain today. :)

Carole C