Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

left leg 3/4 inches shorter

Posted by Roberta C. on 3/10/02 at 14:46 (076122)

I recently had scoliosis surgery correcting a 45 degree curvature in my spine. It left me with one leg 3/4 of an inch shorter. I still would like to wear stylish shoes; pumps, loafer types and sandals. Are there shoe manufactuers that make deeper shoes so the descrepency can be made up on the interior of the shoe?

Re: left leg 3/4 inches shorter

Richard, C.Ped on 3/11/02 at 08:31 (076162)

Hey Roberta,
there are different companies that make shoe like that, such as Drew and my new favorite, Sequoia. With those types, it does tend to get hard to do the lift without pushing you out of the shoe. When we do lifts, we like to split the soles and add the lift on the outside of the shoe. There are so many materials out now that help the shoe look like you have done nothing to it at all. Of course, it all comes down to who does it too. :-)
Richard

Re: left leg 3/4 inches shorter

Richard, C.Ped on 3/11/02 at 08:31 (076162)

Hey Roberta,
there are different companies that make shoe like that, such as Drew and my new favorite, Sequoia. With those types, it does tend to get hard to do the lift without pushing you out of the shoe. When we do lifts, we like to split the soles and add the lift on the outside of the shoe. There are so many materials out now that help the shoe look like you have done nothing to it at all. Of course, it all comes down to who does it too. :-)
Richard