Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

pain in ball of foot

Posted by Mike on 3/10/02 at 18:33 (076132)

I injured my foot by wearing a pair of defective sneakers for about 3 days, b/f returning them. It has been over a year and I still have pain in the ball of my foot. I have bought several new shoes looking for one that will not cause me pain and I can't seem to find any. The pain is less but the only time I don't feel pain is when I wear a pair of my old worn out sneakers, like I said all new shoes hurt my foot no matter how soft they feel. Should I go to a professional to have it looked at, someone told me that I should just wear comfortable shoes, but like I said no shoe fits me correctly ever since I hurt my foot. What should I do??

Sincerely,

Mike

Re: pain in ball of foot

Carole C in NOLA on 3/10/02 at 18:46 (076135)

I'm not a doctor, but I think you should go see one and get it diagnosed. Then when you know exactly what you're dealing with, it will be easier to figure out what to do about it. Just my opinion...

Carole C

DR Zuckerman on 3/10/02 at 18:58 (076138)

You could have a pinched nerve called a neuroma. This needs to be evaluated by a podiatists

Re: What brand is a GOOD sneaker?

Karen O. on 3/10/02 at 20:00 (076147)

There seem to be so many on the market - does anyone have suggestions for what brand seems to be the best?

Carmen H on 3/11/02 at 07:45 (076159)

New Balance
You can do a search on it and you will see many good suggestions.

Richard, C.Ped on 3/11/02 at 12:03 (076173)

To each his/her own, but my personal and professional opinion is New Balance and Brooks.
Richard, C.Ped

Carole C in NOLA on 3/10/02 at 18:46 (076135)

I'm not a doctor, but I think you should go see one and get it diagnosed. Then when you know exactly what you're dealing with, it will be easier to figure out what to do about it. Just my opinion...

Carole C

DR Zuckerman on 3/10/02 at 18:58 (076138)

You could have a pinched nerve called a neuroma. This needs to be evaluated by a podiatists

Karen O. on 3/10/02 at 20:00 (076147)

There seem to be so many on the market - does anyone have suggestions for what brand seems to be the best?

Carmen H on 3/11/02 at 07:45 (076159)

New Balance
You can do a search on it and you will see many good suggestions.

Richard, C.Ped on 3/11/02 at 12:03 (076173)

To each his/her own, but my personal and professional opinion is New Balance and Brooks.
Richard, C.Ped