Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Birk Sandels

Posted by John k on 3/11/02 at 10:52 (076167)

Where is the cheapest place to buy Birk sandels? What store or outlet?

Re: Birk Sandels

Suzanne D on 3/11/02 at 11:44 (076171)

Click on the word Birkenstock here in blue, and you will go to the German website. Birkenstocks are made in Germany, and they are cheapest ordered from there. But if you have never worn them before, it is best to try them on at a shoe store where you can be fitted by someone who knows about how they should fit, etc.

There is also a site called Birkenstock Express (here in the States) which is not as cheap, but they can be ordered online from there as well. I'm at school on my planning period and don't have the web address with me. If you would like that and no one else responds with it, I can send it to you later.

John k on 3/11/02 at 16:37 (076197)

I have the Finn comfort type shoes. Are Birkenstocks like the Finns? The Finns were expensive! They are German also.

Carole C in NOLA on 3/11/02 at 17:06 (076200)

http://www.birkenstockexpress.com is the Birkenstock Express website Suzanne was mentioning. To get to that site you will have to copy and paste, because anything with the word Birkenstock in it will go to the German site when you click on it.

The German site is cheapest, but they don't always have the styles and materials you want. Also, unless you pay extra it is going to take a month or more to get your shoes. It is a slow site and not as informative as the Birkenstock Express site that Suzanne mentioned.

I will mention a third site, and that is http://www.birkenstock.com . This is the American Birkenstock site, that has a listing of where all the Birkenstock stores are so you can find one in your local area.

I have no idea if Birkenstocks are like Finns, because I've never seen Finns. THere are a bewildering number of styles of Birkenstock. Most people (men or women) like the Birkenstock 'Arizona' style the best because they feel it helps their feet the most, though some prefer the 'Boston' for the same reason, and some like me feel best in another style). If there's a Birkenstock store within an hour or two, it would be worth driving there to get fitted properly. Otherwise you can try to estimate and many of these sites have a liberal return policy if shoes that don't fit are returned immediately.

Carole C

Suzanne D on 3/11/02 at 11:44 (076171)

Click on the word Birkenstock here in blue, and you will go to the German website. Birkenstocks are made in Germany, and they are cheapest ordered from there. But if you have never worn them before, it is best to try them on at a shoe store where you can be fitted by someone who knows about how they should fit, etc.

There is also a site called Birkenstock Express (here in the States) which is not as cheap, but they can be ordered online from there as well. I'm at school on my planning period and don't have the web address with me. If you would like that and no one else responds with it, I can send it to you later.

John k on 3/11/02 at 16:37 (076197)

I have the Finn comfort type shoes. Are Birkenstocks like the Finns? The Finns were expensive! They are German also.

Carole C in NOLA on 3/11/02 at 17:06 (076200)

http://www.birkenstockexpress.com is the Birkenstock Express website Suzanne was mentioning. To get to that site you will have to copy and paste, because anything with the word Birkenstock in it will go to the German site when you click on it.

The German site is cheapest, but they don't always have the styles and materials you want. Also, unless you pay extra it is going to take a month or more to get your shoes. It is a slow site and not as informative as the Birkenstock Express site that Suzanne mentioned.

I will mention a third site, and that is http://www.birkenstock.com . This is the American Birkenstock site, that has a listing of where all the Birkenstock stores are so you can find one in your local area.

I have no idea if Birkenstocks are like Finns, because I've never seen Finns. THere are a bewildering number of styles of Birkenstock. Most people (men or women) like the Birkenstock 'Arizona' style the best because they feel it helps their feet the most, though some prefer the 'Boston' for the same reason, and some like me feel best in another style). If there's a Birkenstock store within an hour or two, it would be worth driving there to get fitted properly. Otherwise you can try to estimate and many of these sites have a liberal return policy if shoes that don't fit are returned immediately.

Carole C