Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Question About Hard Leather Sole Shoes

Posted by Tony S. on 3/11/02 at 16:01 (076190)

I visited a 6th DR today and TTS was his probable diagnosis. Since I have no pain barefooted, he suggested that I get a loafer type dress shoe for work with hard leather soles. He believes my feet have been over worked with different orthotics and cushion type shoes. I have high arches and he says the hard sole shoe should help even though I stand 6 hours on concrete with outdoor carpeting. I purchased some loafers and will try at work tomorrow. DOES THIS SOUND LIKE A SMART THING TO DO??

Re: Question About Hard Leather Sole Shoes

Ed Davis, DPM on 3/13/02 at 21:40 (076393)

I think that your docs theory is that the counter of the shoe (the part that wraps around your heel) may be irritating the post. tibial nerve and causing the symptoms. A good thought---definitely worth a try.
Ed

Tony S. on 3/13/02 at 22:28 (076399)

Thanks Ed - Actually I've tried it for two days and it seems to be helping already. I didn't expect a miracle, but since I've been wearing the softer shoes for so long, maybe it will take some time to get much improvement.

Ed Davis, DPM on 3/13/02 at 21:40 (076393)

I think that your docs theory is that the counter of the shoe (the part that wraps around your heel) may be irritating the post. tibial nerve and causing the symptoms. A good thought---definitely worth a try.
Ed

Tony S. on 3/13/02 at 22:28 (076399)

Thanks Ed - Actually I've tried it for two days and it seems to be helping already. I didn't expect a miracle, but since I've been wearing the softer shoes for so long, maybe it will take some time to get much improvement.