Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

LAUREL L. - YES, ESWT & BURNING FEET ..

Posted by RACHAEL T. on 3/11/02 at 20:28 (076213)

I read your comments, Laurel, & decided to inform you that 'maybe' this burning symptom is one of the 'stages' of p.f. I, too had ESWT back on 11/21/01 - which puts me at almost 4 mos. or 16 weeks recovery. For the past month or maybe even longer, the heel pain & the morning pain decreased regularly & I, too was left w/ 'burning' sensations or what I described as 'seering.' Of late, that feeling has lessened - I also began phys. therapy just this past week - w/ them doing iontaphoresis on both feet, along with my stretching--& at present, I am feeling better than ever. It is easier for me right now with this 0-1-2 pain level to be optimistic....sooo, I hope that you are following my path of recover when you describe 'burning' feet & healing may soon follow as it did for me. I will say this: my feet burned more when I 'overdid' it or if I walked on cement! Good luck!

Re: LAUREL L. - YES, ESWT & BURNING FEET ..

LaurieL on 3/12/02 at 13:07 (076269)

thanks for the info and encouragement. What is iontaphoresis?

Carmen H on 3/13/02 at 07:33 (076325)

It's medication put into a patch and placed on the site of pain.....it is transmitted through electrical like currents. I am not sure of the exact medical terms...do a search on the board and you'll find tons of info on it.

LaurieL on 3/13/02 at 10:39 (076346)

thanks

LaurieL on 3/12/02 at 13:07 (076269)

thanks for the info and encouragement. What is iontaphoresis?

Carmen H on 3/13/02 at 07:33 (076325)

It's medication put into a patch and placed on the site of pain.....it is transmitted through electrical like currents. I am not sure of the exact medical terms...do a search on the board and you'll find tons of info on it.

LaurieL on 3/13/02 at 10:39 (076346)

thanks