Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

IONTAPHORESIS?

Posted by RACHAEL T. on 3/11/02 at 20:35 (076214)

Has anyone had positive results w/ iotaphoresis? (sp?) I began phys. therapy last week - & it has helped immensely, so it seems. At present my pain level has dropped considerably. Wondering if anyone else has had such favorable results from this procedure. ??? Awaiting your replies!

Re: IONTAPHORESIS?

Carmen H on 3/12/02 at 07:22 (076240)

Yes it has been helpful to me....I had it for rotator cuff problems and feet too.

D.Thomas on 3/12/02 at 09:07 (076251)

It helps some people. You ususally want to apply it when you have pain that can be pin pointed, in that, pain is specific to one place on your foot. If your pain is very spread out then ultrasound tends to work better. However, I have seen Dr. Ed state that it's not that effective as getting a shot. But it can help some people.

Jill T. on 3/29/02 at 14:58 (077987)

I have been having it during P/T (altho there they call it 'stimulation') for about 8 weeks now. I personally don't notice a huge difference if they do it. I find the ice/massage much more relief.

Carmen H on 3/12/02 at 07:22 (076240)

Yes it has been helpful to me....I had it for rotator cuff problems and feet too.

D.Thomas on 3/12/02 at 09:07 (076251)

It helps some people. You ususally want to apply it when you have pain that can be pin pointed, in that, pain is specific to one place on your foot. If your pain is very spread out then ultrasound tends to work better. However, I have seen Dr. Ed state that it's not that effective as getting a shot. But it can help some people.

Jill T. on 3/29/02 at 14:58 (077987)

I have been having it during P/T (altho there they call it 'stimulation') for about 8 weeks now. I personally don't notice a huge difference if they do it. I find the ice/massage much more relief.