Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

in or outpatient heel spur removal

Posted by Ed W on 3/11/02 at 20:49 (076217)

I have two heel spurs on each foot, can these be removed in the office or would it have to be hospital outpatient?

Re: in or outpatient heel spur removal

Ed Davis, DPM on 3/13/02 at 21:29 (076389)

The majority of such operations are performed in outpatient surgery centers.
Ed

john h on 4/11/02 at 10:52 (079228)

Ed W: Heelspurs are generally not considered pain generators or the cause of your problem They are a result of it. Unless you have some other underlying problem I would get two or three opinions before I had surgery just to remove the heel spurs. I am talking about the spurs that form from the tugging of the fascia on the heel. Many people have heel spurs with no pain and many people have pain with no heel spurs.

Ed Davis, DPM on 3/13/02 at 21:29 (076389)

The majority of such operations are performed in outpatient surgery centers.
Ed

john h on 4/11/02 at 10:52 (079228)

Ed W: Heelspurs are generally not considered pain generators or the cause of your problem They are a result of it. Unless you have some other underlying problem I would get two or three opinions before I had surgery just to remove the heel spurs. I am talking about the spurs that form from the tugging of the fascia on the heel. Many people have heel spurs with no pain and many people have pain with no heel spurs.