Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Do i have TTS?

Posted by Hari on 3/12/02 at 02:50 (076239)

Hi! I have had nagging pain in the metatarsal arch of the right foot. This led to pain in the achilles and shins of both legs. I have been running marathons for years and wonder if have a case of TTS? I have been reading a lot about TTS and did notice that the nerve would sacrifice tendons, muscles and ligaments to protect the nerve. I do have some numbing/tingling sensation in the foot. My doctor did check me out and said that only flat-footed people get a case of TTS. IS that true? I am trying to get an appointment with a neurologist. What are the tests done to diagnose the situation?

Each time the achilles heals, the pain always comes back, shooting into the ankle area........

The metatarsal pain was awful, but did get relief with metatarsal pads that are available over the counter.

Re: Do i have TTS?

Ed Davis, DPM on 3/13/02 at 21:43 (076394)

Not just flat foot people get TTS. What is the location of the numbness and tingling? It sounds like you may have a tight achilles.

A neurologist should be able to tell you if TTS is there or not. Nevertheless, it sounds like you really need a thorough biomechanical workup from a sports podiatrist.

Ed

Re: Do i have TTS?

Ed Davis, DPM on 3/13/02 at 21:43 (076394)

Not just flat foot people get TTS. What is the location of the numbness and tingling? It sounds like you may have a tight achilles.

A neurologist should be able to tell you if TTS is there or not. Nevertheless, it sounds like you really need a thorough biomechanical workup from a sports podiatrist.

Ed