Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Big Thank You To All Posters

Posted by Ardee W. on 3/12/02 at 15:01 (076281)

I am new to this board but not new to PF and how debilitating and depressing and lonely it can be at times. For the first time, I actually met someone IN PERSON who had it also. Boy, was it a release to be able to talk back and forth and really understand each other!

Reading your posts has helped me also. Especially in not feeling so alone in this. Most all of my family and friends just think there should be a cure all and why don't I go get it done?

I miss jumping and picking up my grandkids to dance with them....it is depressing when the first thing they say to me now is, 'Grandma, does your foot still hurt today?' because they are waiting to play 'Duck, duck, goose' or something.

Anyway, you all know.....and I thank you again for your encouragement and candor on these messages. I often wonder if the 'infirmity' Paul asked the Lord to take away three times might have been PF. Probably not with all those journeys he took....but I am amazed that he only asked the Lord three times. I exhausted that number a long time ago..........smile.....

Blessings to you all.....

Re: Big Thank You To All Posters

Carmen H on 3/12/02 at 15:45 (076283)

What a nice Post. :-)
Thanks for sharing!!!

Suzanne D on 3/12/02 at 17:05 (076288)

Hello, Ardee, and Welcome! I am sorry you, too, are suffering, but glad you came here. Yes, ir really helps to share with someone who 'has been there'!

I had not thought about that concerning the apostle Paul! As they walked so much back then, who knows? When I first started wearing Birks, someone at church told me that they would fit right into Bible dramas!

Hope you start improving soon!

Suzanne :-)

Julie on 3/13/02 at 02:16 (076317)

Hi Ardee

Yes it really does help to know there are lots of people around who know what you're going through. So welcome, and do stay around. You'll learn a lot from others' experience and you'll make friends, too.

I see from one of your posts yesterday that you live in the magnificent state of Montana. I have wonderful memories of a couple of weeks in Glacier National Park 45 years ago! I don't suppose it has changed much...

Re: Glacier is beautiful, Julie

Ardee W. on 3/13/02 at 21:20 (076385)

Thanks for the encouragement to stick around. I have learned so much. Yes, everyone who comes to visit wants to go to Glacier. Last time, two years ago, I was still able to walk the famous hike by the Visitor and Informational Center. We saw bighorn sheep right on the path and a grizzly off in a meadow that the ranger was keeping an eye on. Our flatfooted family from Iowa visiting was thoroughly scared on the 'Road to the Sun'.....smile... My husband and I want to motorcycle up there this year....

Rich on 3/15/02 at 08:32 (076488)

Hi Ardee...welcome! I too am a newbie to this board, been reading and posting (a little!) for a few weeks. I have been amazed at the support offered here, as well as the abundance of information.

This is a great site and I have encouraged my family and friends to visit so they can better understand 'why' my feet hurt so! I had to share with you that I too met someone 'in person' who shares my problem. We actually go to the same church and I recently discovered she even sees the same POD! It's wonderful to have someone to talk to who knows how you are feeling...funny though, we usually don't talk about our feet (we don't have to!)!

I can relate to not being able to play with your grandchildren. I have two daughters, age 3 & 6, and have had to disappoint them many times due to foot pain. It breaks my heart...we used to shop all the time and go to the park and lots of fun stuff, now they just can't understand why mommy can't even go to the grocery store. :(

Just as with Paul...the Lord knows your infirmity, we just have to be patient in His timing and give thanks daily!

Sorry this was so long...I don't post often, but when I do....LOL

Rich

Re: Tears in my eyes

Ardee W. on 3/16/02 at 10:29 (076570)

Rich, Must be emotional this morning! Just reading about your 3 and 6 year old and identifying with the same disappointments of my 4, 3 and 16 mo old grandkids brought tears to my eyes. Your encouragement that seems to come from a faith not unlike my own really helped!!!! Blessings to you.

Re: Funny about faith....

Rich on 3/16/02 at 13:24 (076581)

You know, without faith where would we be? We have to put our faith first in the Lord, then in the Pod, the PT and our network of family and friends!

I don't want to sound 'preachy' in my posts, but I'm not at all ashamed to admit I love the Lord! and that my house serves Him!

Don't cry...this too shall pass! Stay positive and find other things to do around the kitchen table...bake cookies, coloring and of course don't forget to break out the glue sticks and scissors, keep plenty of paper on hand. Mine keep raiding my printer paper!

I saw you were from Montana? I'm way down south in Louisiana and we're having lots of sunshine today, nice balmy weather.

Thanks for the blessings...same right back to you!

Rich

Re: No

wendyn on 3/16/02 at 23:24 (076615)

No more talk about sunny weather.

It is STILL snowing.

It is STILL SO COLD.

I am SO SICK OF WINTER.

Everyone here is miserable.

Re: No ditto

Julie on 3/17/02 at 02:32 (076622)

Wendy, I agree. It's supposed to be Spring here, and everyone is saying it is, because the flowers are all out and the trees are blossoming but it's cold and wet and windy and it's still winter as far as I'm concerned. And some of our daffodils have blown over. Yesterday we had an hour of sunshine and then the rain started again.

I'd prefer snow, really. (You know I'm envious of your snow.)

(I know you think I'm crazy.)

nancy s. on 3/17/02 at 04:05 (076625)

i wish you folks would come to southern maine. we usually have a hard winter, but this one has been unbelievable -- no snow to speak of, and the coldest it's been is usually in the 20s at night. during the day, it goes up into the 30s, 40s, 50s, even hit 60 one day last week. other winters it wasn't unusual for days to be below 0. we even saw minus 27 one year -- my nose froze together on the way from the house to the barn (about 20 seconds).
for winter, this year is paradise. come on over!
in sympathy,
nancy

wendyn on 3/17/02 at 09:38 (076633)

Julie, I'd give just about anything to see a flower. Or a leaf. Or a bug.

I love to garden, but it's so cold that I can't even get in the frame of mind to begin planning or starting seeds.

Re: Snow?

Rich on 3/17/02 at 09:59 (076634)

You know if it snow's here, everything shuts down! We get ice and nobody knows how to drive! On New Year's Eve, we had snow flurries and actually some acumulation on roof tops...you should have seen the joy on the children's faces. My youngest (3) had never seen snow, even if it was only in the air.

We anxiously await for temperatures below 50 degrees and call it Gumbo weather! Or sometimes we just crank the A/C way down! I didn't mean to depress anyone, just the opposite...spring is on the way even if it starts down here first. The trees are budding new leaves, the birds are nesting and singing, the mosquitos are buzzing (not fun!)

I would be happy to share recipes for a good ole' cajun gumbo if anyone is interested. I already put away the 'big pot'. It will clear any sinus problem you may have!!

I've never been further north than St. Louis! Happy St. Paddy's Day to all!

Rich

John h on 3/17/02 at 18:21 (076668)

wendy i have all three: flower,leaf, and bug and rain rain rain

Carmen H on 3/12/02 at 15:45 (076283)

What a nice Post. :-)
Thanks for sharing!!!

Suzanne D on 3/12/02 at 17:05 (076288)

Hello, Ardee, and Welcome! I am sorry you, too, are suffering, but glad you came here. Yes, ir really helps to share with someone who 'has been there'!

I had not thought about that concerning the apostle Paul! As they walked so much back then, who knows? When I first started wearing Birks, someone at church told me that they would fit right into Bible dramas!

Hope you start improving soon!

Suzanne :-)

Julie on 3/13/02 at 02:16 (076317)

Hi Ardee

Yes it really does help to know there are lots of people around who know what you're going through. So welcome, and do stay around. You'll learn a lot from others' experience and you'll make friends, too.

I see from one of your posts yesterday that you live in the magnificent state of Montana. I have wonderful memories of a couple of weeks in Glacier National Park 45 years ago! I don't suppose it has changed much...

Re: Glacier is beautiful, Julie

Ardee W. on 3/13/02 at 21:20 (076385)

Thanks for the encouragement to stick around. I have learned so much. Yes, everyone who comes to visit wants to go to Glacier. Last time, two years ago, I was still able to walk the famous hike by the Visitor and Informational Center. We saw bighorn sheep right on the path and a grizzly off in a meadow that the ranger was keeping an eye on. Our flatfooted family from Iowa visiting was thoroughly scared on the 'Road to the Sun'.....smile... My husband and I want to motorcycle up there this year....

Rich on 3/15/02 at 08:32 (076488)

Hi Ardee...welcome! I too am a newbie to this board, been reading and posting (a little!) for a few weeks. I have been amazed at the support offered here, as well as the abundance of information.

This is a great site and I have encouraged my family and friends to visit so they can better understand 'why' my feet hurt so! I had to share with you that I too met someone 'in person' who shares my problem. We actually go to the same church and I recently discovered she even sees the same POD! It's wonderful to have someone to talk to who knows how you are feeling...funny though, we usually don't talk about our feet (we don't have to!)!

I can relate to not being able to play with your grandchildren. I have two daughters, age 3 & 6, and have had to disappoint them many times due to foot pain. It breaks my heart...we used to shop all the time and go to the park and lots of fun stuff, now they just can't understand why mommy can't even go to the grocery store. :(

Just as with Paul...the Lord knows your infirmity, we just have to be patient in His timing and give thanks daily!

Sorry this was so long...I don't post often, but when I do....LOL

Rich

Re: Tears in my eyes

Ardee W. on 3/16/02 at 10:29 (076570)

Rich, Must be emotional this morning! Just reading about your 3 and 6 year old and identifying with the same disappointments of my 4, 3 and 16 mo old grandkids brought tears to my eyes. Your encouragement that seems to come from a faith not unlike my own really helped!!!! Blessings to you.

Re: Funny about faith....

Rich on 3/16/02 at 13:24 (076581)

You know, without faith where would we be? We have to put our faith first in the Lord, then in the Pod, the PT and our network of family and friends!

I don't want to sound 'preachy' in my posts, but I'm not at all ashamed to admit I love the Lord! and that my house serves Him!

Don't cry...this too shall pass! Stay positive and find other things to do around the kitchen table...bake cookies, coloring and of course don't forget to break out the glue sticks and scissors, keep plenty of paper on hand. Mine keep raiding my printer paper!

I saw you were from Montana? I'm way down south in Louisiana and we're having lots of sunshine today, nice balmy weather.

Thanks for the blessings...same right back to you!

Rich

Re: No

wendyn on 3/16/02 at 23:24 (076615)

No more talk about sunny weather.

It is STILL snowing.

It is STILL SO COLD.

I am SO SICK OF WINTER.

Everyone here is miserable.

Julie on 3/17/02 at 02:32 (076622)

Wendy, I agree. It's supposed to be Spring here, and everyone is saying it is, because the flowers are all out and the trees are blossoming but it's cold and wet and windy and it's still winter as far as I'm concerned. And some of our daffodils have blown over. Yesterday we had an hour of sunshine and then the rain started again.

I'd prefer snow, really. (You know I'm envious of your snow.)

(I know you think I'm crazy.)

nancy s. on 3/17/02 at 04:05 (076625)

i wish you folks would come to southern maine. we usually have a hard winter, but this one has been unbelievable -- no snow to speak of, and the coldest it's been is usually in the 20s at night. during the day, it goes up into the 30s, 40s, 50s, even hit 60 one day last week. other winters it wasn't unusual for days to be below 0. we even saw minus 27 one year -- my nose froze together on the way from the house to the barn (about 20 seconds).
for winter, this year is paradise. come on over!
in sympathy,
nancy

wendyn on 3/17/02 at 09:38 (076633)

Julie, I'd give just about anything to see a flower. Or a leaf. Or a bug.

I love to garden, but it's so cold that I can't even get in the frame of mind to begin planning or starting seeds.

Re: Snow?

Rich on 3/17/02 at 09:59 (076634)

You know if it snow's here, everything shuts down! We get ice and nobody knows how to drive! On New Year's Eve, we had snow flurries and actually some acumulation on roof tops...you should have seen the joy on the children's faces. My youngest (3) had never seen snow, even if it was only in the air.

We anxiously await for temperatures below 50 degrees and call it Gumbo weather! Or sometimes we just crank the A/C way down! I didn't mean to depress anyone, just the opposite...spring is on the way even if it starts down here first. The trees are budding new leaves, the birds are nesting and singing, the mosquitos are buzzing (not fun!)

I would be happy to share recipes for a good ole' cajun gumbo if anyone is interested. I already put away the 'big pot'. It will clear any sinus problem you may have!!

I've never been further north than St. Louis! Happy St. Paddy's Day to all!

Rich

John h on 3/17/02 at 18:21 (076668)

wendy i have all three: flower,leaf, and bug and rain rain rain