Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

on my way to ESWT but I have a question...

Posted by Sandra on 3/13/02 at 19:48 (076376)

I am on my way for my doctor to prescribe ESWT but I have a question... what if the technician does not locate the specific area of pain??!!!

I have pain on half of the surface of my heel BUT I cannot locate any precise area of the pain which I read could be a downfall for being a great candidate for ESWT. As hard as I can press on my heel I cannot tell for sure where the pain is located. What are my chances of having ESWT done on me?

Thanks

Re: on my way to ESWT but I have a question...

DR Zuckerman on 3/13/02 at 20:03 (076379)

Wait for your doctor to press on the area. He will know exactly where to press. If is very difficult to locate the area with your only hands

john h on 3/14/02 at 10:13 (076420)

I agree with Dr. Zuckerman as he could get the leverage to press and find the painful spot on my feet. As the ESWT is very focused you need to find the correct area are all might be for naught. Have your husband or friend search around on your foot by putting pressure with his/her thumbs until they locate the spot or area.

DR Zuckerman on 3/13/02 at 20:03 (076379)

Wait for your doctor to press on the area. He will know exactly where to press. If is very difficult to locate the area with your only hands

john h on 3/14/02 at 10:13 (076420)

I agree with Dr. Zuckerman as he could get the leverage to press and find the painful spot on my feet. As the ESWT is very focused you need to find the correct area are all might be for naught. Have your husband or friend search around on your foot by putting pressure with his/her thumbs until they locate the spot or area.