Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

My doctor talked me out of the ESWT :-(

Posted by Sandra on 3/14/02 at 19:37 (076446)

My doctor today talked me out of having ESWT ! :-(

Because it is not approved by Health Canada and FDA! He told me that having to put his signature on an authorisation would put him in a very bad situation in front of his Medical Board College and that any doctor that would do so would put his career at risk.

I phoned the Medical Board as he suggested and I got the same response saying that we should not consider ESWT since it is not FDA or Health Canada approved.

Needless to say I am VERY DISAPPOINTED! My doctor suggested for me to have acupuncture since it is recognized by the medical profession. I have an acupuncture appointment next week with the HOPE that I will have significant RESULTS!

Re: My doctor talked me out of the ESWT :-(

DR Zuckerman on 3/14/02 at 21:33 (076454)

The treatment of insertional plantar fasiciitis is FDA approved. I am in the USA and would be very happy to speak with your doctor if you would like you too or just do a search on http://www.fda.com and look up the fda approvals for the dornier epos machine and the healthronics ossatron machine

wendyn on 3/14/02 at 23:27 (076460)

Sandra - are you in Canada? I believe we have several medical centres in Canada where they are doing ESWT. How could they be doing it if it's not approved by Health Canada?

dave on 3/15/02 at 07:12 (076470)

If you are in Canada you may want to try the Bayshore medical clinic.I have spoken to them may times on ewst.

heel pain in Vancouver on 3/20/02 at 00:31 (076940)

Hi - you mentionthat there are several places in Canada that perform ESWT. Do you know of any in Vancouver?

DR Zuckerman on 3/20/02 at 00:58 (076942)

Bayshore ESWT pain clinic. Go to the ESWT section of this web site . Go to the list of ESWT treat locations.

john h on 3/20/02 at 12:00 (076996)

As I recall Bayshore or Sonnocur has a clinic for ESWT in Vancouver. checkout the Bayshore website or Sonnoucur website.

DR Zuckerman on 3/14/02 at 21:33 (076454)

The treatment of insertional plantar fasiciitis is FDA approved. I am in the USA and would be very happy to speak with your doctor if you would like you too or just do a search on http://www.fda.com and look up the fda approvals for the dornier epos machine and the healthronics ossatron machine

wendyn on 3/14/02 at 23:27 (076460)

Sandra - are you in Canada? I believe we have several medical centres in Canada where they are doing ESWT. How could they be doing it if it's not approved by Health Canada?

dave on 3/15/02 at 07:12 (076470)

If you are in Canada you may want to try the Bayshore medical clinic.I have spoken to them may times on ewst.

heel pain in Vancouver on 3/20/02 at 00:31 (076940)

Hi - you mentionthat there are several places in Canada that perform ESWT. Do you know of any in Vancouver?

DR Zuckerman on 3/20/02 at 00:58 (076942)

Bayshore ESWT pain clinic. Go to the ESWT section of this web site . Go to the list of ESWT treat locations.

john h on 3/20/02 at 12:00 (076996)

As I recall Bayshore or Sonnocur has a clinic for ESWT in Vancouver. checkout the Bayshore website or Sonnoucur website.