Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Are These Symptoms of Causing Permanent Damage?

Posted by Mike S. on 3/14/02 at 23:11 (076457)

I have bilateral TTS; the left worse than right. Both are getting worse at a faster rate lately, it seems. Both legs feel weak up to the thigh by mid morning, especially the left leg. My left foot is sluggish and I kind of swing it forward like a prosthesis. It is also half numb to the bottom of my calf.

My surgery date with my HMO is May 3, 2002 and I it's not worth the wait if I could be doing permanent damage, although he is reportedly a good doc. My alternative is to see this other doc who is supposedly recognized worldwide and I would have to pay $7-8K out of pocket since it is outside HMO. No, I'm not wealthy or close to it. The OR & anesthesia is most of the cost!

What are your impressions? Should I spend the $$ to get it resolved sooner because of my symptoms OR these symptoms are expected and tough it out since my HMO's doc is good. I already tried to get in sooner.

Re: Are These Symptoms of Causing Permanent Damage?

wendyn on 3/14/02 at 23:18 (076458)

MMike, what types of tests have you had done?

Mike S. on 3/14/02 at 23:22 (076459)

Lots, 5 NCV/EMG's (positive), complete blood panel, spinal fluid. Pretty certain it's TTS, although it's not 'classical' TTS says the doc's.

wendyn on 3/14/02 at 23:18 (076458)

MMike, what types of tests have you had done?

Mike S. on 3/14/02 at 23:22 (076459)

Lots, 5 NCV/EMG's (positive), complete blood panel, spinal fluid. Pretty certain it's TTS, although it's not 'classical' TTS says the doc's.