Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Scar tissue question

Posted by Matt L on 3/15/02 at 08:11 (076481)

Is there a time table for the progression of scar tissue post surgery? I had TTS release in '96. Aproximately 4 years later I began to experience pain believed to be caused by scar tissue compressing the nerve. Wouldn't scar tissue have developed earlier? Should I expect a continued progression of scar tissue and accompanying pain going forward?

Re: Scar tissue question

DR Zuckerman on 3/15/02 at 18:22 (076543)

This is strange . Scar tissue happens after the surgery and usually regresses for one year. Did you injury the area again. I doubt it is the orginal scar tissue but some new problem

MattL on 3/19/02 at 11:23 (076829)

No additional injury that I'm aware of. Pain prior to tt release was primarily lateral. Pain is now primaily lateral sole, lateral ankle.

DR Zuckerman on 3/15/02 at 18:22 (076543)

This is strange . Scar tissue happens after the surgery and usually regresses for one year. Did you injury the area again. I doubt it is the orginal scar tissue but some new problem

MattL on 3/19/02 at 11:23 (076829)

No additional injury that I'm aware of. Pain prior to tt release was primarily lateral. Pain is now primaily lateral sole, lateral ankle.