Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Thanks Marci

Posted by Kathryn R. on 3/16/02 at 11:43 (076576)

Marci I have tried to open a claim but no one will help. This surgeon messed up a 30 year old woman twice. While she and her husband were getting ready to go out one evening, she collapsed, by the time the paramedics got there, she had passed away. Their suit was already started.
The couple had a little girl, she was mad at her mom for leaving her. We know the family.
If we can find someone to file this claim I feel I have a chance or at least maybe can put the doc and hospital plus a couple other doctors on notice. We have a personal resentment for this hospital. If you had read up on me, we lost mom after she was in that place for over three months.
Because of her age there wasn't a thing we could do. No monatery value they said. We are left with a bitter taste in our mouth.

Kathryn R.

Re: Thanks Marci

Marci on 3/17/02 at 09:34 (076631)

I don't know if this will help or not but in our state there is a board that monitors med mal cases and you have to file a complaint with them when you file a law suit. Maybe there is such an entity in your state as well and if so perhaps they could help you in getting something started. If this other family had a case started perhaps you could talk to the attourney they used? Best of luck to you.

Re: Thanks Marci again

Kathryn R. on 3/17/02 at 11:08 (076640)

I tried to use the attorney the other family used and of course they weren't interested. I am still not giving up quite yet. My appointment Friday should maybe shed some light. Were hoping new Doctor can help. There is so many things wrong with my foot it should be a challenge, If at all possible. This will be doctor number 7, he is also pain management.

The other family won their case because the husband pursued it after wife passed away.

Kathryn R.

Re: Good luck

BrianG on 3/17/02 at 19:23 (076676)

with the Pain Management doctor. Hopefully he can come up with something that will make your life a little more tollerable. Keep us updated about him.

Thanks
BrianG

Re: Good luck Brian

Kathryn R. on 3/18/02 at 10:18 (076717)

I will keep everyone posted. I'm a little scared of what I might find out on Friday. My bone scan should show something.

Kathryn R.

Re: Thanks Marci

Marci on 3/17/02 at 09:34 (076631)

I don't know if this will help or not but in our state there is a board that monitors med mal cases and you have to file a complaint with them when you file a law suit. Maybe there is such an entity in your state as well and if so perhaps they could help you in getting something started. If this other family had a case started perhaps you could talk to the attourney they used? Best of luck to you.

Re: Thanks Marci again

Kathryn R. on 3/17/02 at 11:08 (076640)

I tried to use the attorney the other family used and of course they weren't interested. I am still not giving up quite yet. My appointment Friday should maybe shed some light. Were hoping new Doctor can help. There is so many things wrong with my foot it should be a challenge, If at all possible. This will be doctor number 7, he is also pain management.

The other family won their case because the husband pursued it after wife passed away.

Kathryn R.

Re: Good luck

BrianG on 3/17/02 at 19:23 (076676)

with the Pain Management doctor. Hopefully he can come up with something that will make your life a little more tollerable. Keep us updated about him.

Thanks
BrianG

Re: Good luck Brian

Kathryn R. on 3/18/02 at 10:18 (076717)

I will keep everyone posted. I'm a little scared of what I might find out on Friday. My bone scan should show something.

Kathryn R.