Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

is it tarsal tunnel

Posted by LaVona J. on 3/16/02 at 12:44 (076578)

I started with pain in the bottoms of my feet, I thought I just needed new shoes. After new shoes didn't help I went to family Dr. who sug. arch supports, I tried these it made my feet hurt worse. since then an Orthopedic surgeon has diagnosed tarsal tunnel syndrome, the nerve tests were o.k. but I have a small spot on bottom of right foot that is numb. I seem to be able to walk for a short time with out to much trouble,[even though I seem to trip over my feet some], its when I have to stand in long lines at the store, or standing in the kitchen prepareing meals, standing anywhere for more than a couple of minutes,that causes the big trouble. Not only do my feet and ankles swell [swelling around ankles constant, but swelling gets worse] but pain is horrible, not just in my feet but all the way up to my hips and thighs, so bad I can't even sit comfortably, it gets worse as day goes on. NSAIDS don't help, ice helps feet for a short time. Is this TTS or something else?

Re: is it tarsal tunnel

LaVona J. on 3/17/02 at 13:23 (076647)

i sent wrong e-mail address on first communication.

Re: is it tarsal tunnel

LaVona J. on 3/17/02 at 13:23 (076647)

i sent wrong e-mail address on first communication.