Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Foot-poly

Posted by Scott R on 3/17/02 at 15:57 (076657)

I'm thinking of designing an online game called 'foot-opoly'. It would have a slant towards podiatrists, runners, and heel spur people. I need to know the eight or 16 most common foot conditions in order of expense to the patient and/or income to the podiatrists. These would be the properties. Yuo land on the property and you get the ailment. Boardwalk and park place could be dedicated to heel spurs and let one property be heelspurs.com and the other an ESWT manufacturer. Toenail fungus properties would be lamisil, sporanox, and or something like that. You have to get all three to be able to put up 'hotels'. I haven't figured things out exactly, but you get the idea. Or maybe Boardwalk would be stress fracture and park place would be heel spurs, but the grouping wuold be for heel pain. Toenail fungus and ingrown toenails would be the toenail grouping. etc. Railroads would be websites or ESWT companies or maybe shoe brands. Or maybe one set of properties would be websites, another ESWT manufacturers, another for shoes, another for famous practices in the country (board walk and park place), another for top schools, another for top journals, etc (need 8 categories with 2 or 3 items for each category). Make it playable online and ability to schedule to meet others online to do a game. Could even provide links to the relevant websites for the conditions, famous practices, schools, journals, treatments, ESWT machines, etc.

Re: Foot-poly

nancy s. on 3/17/02 at 16:18 (076659)

oh my god, scott, i'm howling. don't you usually have more than enough to do? how about making that bed?
nancy

Julie on 3/17/02 at 16:33 (076660)

Hi Nancy!

I was never any good at monopoly, so I guess I'll give footopoly a miss. Sounds a riot, though.

Speaking of beds, it's time I went to mine. Good night all.

Pauline on 3/17/02 at 16:44 (076661)

Each time you pass 'Go' you get a pair of custom orthotics. This could be a money maker in more ways than one.

Re: Foot-opoly example

Scott R on 3/17/02 at 16:55 (076663)

http://www.heelspurs.com/zz/poly.gif

__

Re: Folks...........

JudyS on 3/17/02 at 18:55 (076672)

I think Scott's drinking bug juice again.........

Dr. David S. Wander on 3/17/02 at 20:20 (076682)

Scott,

I think you must be working too hard and are in need of a vacation! Either that or you've been celebrating St. Patrick's day heavily!

nancy s. on 3/17/02 at 21:02 (076686)

this is totally cracking me up.
i have to print it out.
i'm sure you don't have a patent yet. or is that where you're going tomorrow -- to get a patent from some nefarious agency?

poor scott. i guess it's come to this after all these years: you are thinking, feeling, seeing, reading, dreaming, touching, imagining, hearing, laughing, coughing, and smelling nothing but feet, and having them for breakfast to boot.

we will all chip in for your medical care if you need us to.

Re: Scott

wendyn on 3/17/02 at 21:14 (076694)

:)

John k on 3/18/02 at 08:37 (076712)

Did you know that Joltin Joe the Yankee Clipper had terrible heel problems and had a messy surgery that did not work very well. It hurt his career in baseball.

JudyS on 3/18/02 at 11:29 (076725)

John k - do I recall correctly that foot pain actually ended JJ's career in the long run?

John k on 3/18/02 at 19:15 (076776)

Well foot pain and age probably.

sandy h on 3/19/02 at 01:17 (076797)

If you land on a 'practioner' square you have to buy the orthotics and then you deposit them in another square marked 'cupboard' a few squares later. Another square could be marked 'sprint for the bus' in which you have to go back 15 spaces and wait for three weeks before having another throw. Or how about the 'bed' square in which the next throw automatically means only 1 step forward followed by a return to the 'pain medication' square.

Scott R on 3/19/02 at 13:45 (076842)

sandy, yuo've given me a better idea for the game, namely that i should stick to heel pain and let the game simulate getting heel pain and having to deal with it.

nancy s. on 3/17/02 at 16:18 (076659)

oh my god, scott, i'm howling. don't you usually have more than enough to do? how about making that bed?
nancy

Julie on 3/17/02 at 16:33 (076660)

Hi Nancy!

I was never any good at monopoly, so I guess I'll give footopoly a miss. Sounds a riot, though.

Speaking of beds, it's time I went to mine. Good night all.

Pauline on 3/17/02 at 16:44 (076661)

Each time you pass 'Go' you get a pair of custom orthotics. This could be a money maker in more ways than one.

Scott R on 3/17/02 at 16:55 (076663)

http://www.heelspurs.com/zz/poly.gif

__

JudyS on 3/17/02 at 18:55 (076672)

I think Scott's drinking bug juice again.........

Dr. David S. Wander on 3/17/02 at 20:20 (076682)

Scott,

I think you must be working too hard and are in need of a vacation! Either that or you've been celebrating St. Patrick's day heavily!

nancy s. on 3/17/02 at 21:02 (076686)

this is totally cracking me up.
i have to print it out.
i'm sure you don't have a patent yet. or is that where you're going tomorrow -- to get a patent from some nefarious agency?

poor scott. i guess it's come to this after all these years: you are thinking, feeling, seeing, reading, dreaming, touching, imagining, hearing, laughing, coughing, and smelling nothing but feet, and having them for breakfast to boot.

we will all chip in for your medical care if you need us to.

Re: Scott

wendyn on 3/17/02 at 21:14 (076694)

:)

John k on 3/18/02 at 08:37 (076712)

Did you know that Joltin Joe the Yankee Clipper had terrible heel problems and had a messy surgery that did not work very well. It hurt his career in baseball.

JudyS on 3/18/02 at 11:29 (076725)

John k - do I recall correctly that foot pain actually ended JJ's career in the long run?

John k on 3/18/02 at 19:15 (076776)

Well foot pain and age probably.

sandy h on 3/19/02 at 01:17 (076797)

If you land on a 'practioner' square you have to buy the orthotics and then you deposit them in another square marked 'cupboard' a few squares later. Another square could be marked 'sprint for the bus' in which you have to go back 15 spaces and wait for three weeks before having another throw. Or how about the 'bed' square in which the next throw automatically means only 1 step forward followed by a return to the 'pain medication' square.

Scott R on 3/19/02 at 13:45 (076842)

sandy, yuo've given me a better idea for the game, namely that i should stick to heel pain and let the game simulate getting heel pain and having to deal with it.