Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

For Dr Zuckerman

Posted by Jessica k on 3/18/02 at 19:00 (076772)

Hey this is Jessica, I asked around and i figured out something that i think might help my figure out the name of my surgery or atleast help you.. I know i am getting the with the pins. I've talked to a lot of people and and they all said it was nothing if ur a kid soo i am not as scared. DrrZuckerman, also i was just wondering if it's easier to have the surgery when i am young... then old.... please reply thanxs

Re: For Dr Zuckerman

DR Zuckerman on 3/18/02 at 20:21 (076781)

The pin is going to stay in your foot for six weeks. It you are getting the bone cut near the base of the first metatatarsal then you will be in a cast for eight weeks. If the bone is being cut at the neck area you will walk in a surgery shoe for about six weeks. The place where the bone is being cut is going to determine the healing time and if you need a cast

Re: For Dr ZuckermanRe Jessica

Laurie R on 3/18/02 at 23:23 (076794)

Hi Jessica , My name is Laurie I have been on this board for a few years now . I wanted to know when you are going to have your surgery ? I will say a special prayer for you ... Please let us know and also keep us posted after your surgery . I wish you only the best .... Laurie R

Jessica k on 3/19/02 at 07:07 (076807)

hi Laurie R, thanxs so much for your reply. My surgery is on March 28 at 11:00. I've been counting down to get it over with. I've been talking to a lot of people who have had the smae thing i am getting and like 5 people said it was nothing. I am not scared at all any more. Well thanxs for saying a prayer for me. Well i have to go to school now hope you reply thanxs
Jessica

Re: Bunions

wendyn on 3/19/02 at 07:31 (076811)

Jessica - I have had the bunion surgery.

Although it was painful right after the surgery - most of the pain went away in the first 2 weeks. The doctor will give you medication to help with the pain - make sure you take it exactly as they say and talk to them if you have any problems.

That said - my bunion hurt SO MUCH before the surgery, I was really glad I had it done. I was downhill skiing 6 weeks later, although I don't recommend that!

Jessica k on 3/19/02 at 15:40 (076854)

hey thanxs for replying. I few people told me that it doesn't hurt after the surgery because you have so much medication but i dunno thanxs

Re: For Dr Zuckerman

DR Zuckerman on 3/18/02 at 20:21 (076781)

The pin is going to stay in your foot for six weeks. It you are getting the bone cut near the base of the first metatatarsal then you will be in a cast for eight weeks. If the bone is being cut at the neck area you will walk in a surgery shoe for about six weeks. The place where the bone is being cut is going to determine the healing time and if you need a cast

Laurie R on 3/18/02 at 23:23 (076794)

Hi Jessica , My name is Laurie I have been on this board for a few years now . I wanted to know when you are going to have your surgery ? I will say a special prayer for you ... Please let us know and also keep us posted after your surgery . I wish you only the best .... Laurie R

Jessica k on 3/19/02 at 07:07 (076807)

hi Laurie R, thanxs so much for your reply. My surgery is on March 28 at 11:00. I've been counting down to get it over with. I've been talking to a lot of people who have had the smae thing i am getting and like 5 people said it was nothing. I am not scared at all any more. Well thanxs for saying a prayer for me. Well i have to go to school now hope you reply thanxs
Jessica

wendyn on 3/19/02 at 07:31 (076811)

Jessica - I have had the bunion surgery.

Although it was painful right after the surgery - most of the pain went away in the first 2 weeks. The doctor will give you medication to help with the pain - make sure you take it exactly as they say and talk to them if you have any problems.

That said - my bunion hurt SO MUCH before the surgery, I was really glad I had it done. I was downhill skiing 6 weeks later, although I don't recommend that!

Jessica k on 3/19/02 at 15:40 (076854)

hey thanxs for replying. I few people told me that it doesn't hurt after the surgery because you have so much medication but i dunno thanxs