Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

MY SURGERY WILL BE APRIL 9 TH

Posted by Laurie R on 3/18/02 at 19:46 (076778)

Hello everyone , for thoes of you that have been following my story over the past few years , I will be having my surgery on April 9 th . I will have two surgeries that day . The first will be by my Pain management doctor , he will implant a epidural catheter in my spine and through my stomach just under my skin and my side. I will have a pump that I will wear on my hip with meds in it . This is for to control the RSD . Then as soon as he is done my Pod will do the foot surgery . I will have a tt release and a PF release and the fibroma removed ....

I have to say it is real now . I have been talking about having surgery for so long and now it will be in three weeks...

My main support through all my foot problems has been this board . I want to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart. I know I will have good days and bad days . I have to stay focused on my recovery and stay positive ....

Much love to all , Laurie R

Re: MY SURGERY WILL BE APRIL 9 TH

SteveP on 3/18/02 at 20:30 (076782)

Laurie -- April 9th will be an important day not only for you, but for all of us on this board. There will be many prayers going up for you......you can be sure about that!

Steve

SuzanneK on 3/18/02 at 20:33 (076783)

Laurie - I read often, but don't post much. I have followed your troubles with a sympathetic hert for about 2 years now. I want to let you know that you have always been in my prayers and will be even more so now. I pray that this surgery will give you some relief from the horrible pain you have been having. ((((Laurie)))

Carole C in NOLA on 3/18/02 at 21:15 (076787)

Laurie, it's scary to read about your surgery. I don't understand too much about RSD except that you have been in terrible pain for a long time. Surely these surgeries will help to make your life more bearable. I am hoping for the best possible outcome for you.

Carole C

Re: Good luck

BrianG on 3/18/02 at 21:20 (076788)

Now that you have the date, you know when you can begin healing. I can't believe how fortunate you are to have a pain management doctor, working with the surgeon. I think you are really going to have some good results. Less pain means more sleep. More sleep means quicker healing. Just remember, if that pump works really well, no jogging during the first 6 weeks :*)

All the best
BrianG

Anthony P on 3/18/02 at 22:03 (076791)

Laurie, You have been through so much in the past two years. I have followed your posts and always felt sympathy for you. Well now you can get on the road to recover y from all this foot pain . Everyone here will be praying for you now more then ever . The recovey may be long but you know that we are here to lift your spirits through this : )
My Prayer to you , Your friend on the board Anthony P

Ardee W. on 3/19/02 at 07:16 (076809)

Laurie, Glad to hear of your surgery date! I printed out the picture of you from this site and wrote the date down in my day planner. Will be praying!! Praying for the best for you here in Montana!

Julie on 3/19/02 at 08:23 (076820)

Dear Laurie, you are one of the bravest people I know. You'll face this surgery with all your courage and optimism and love, just as you've faced the pain all this time, and I know you'll come through it beautifully.

As Steve says, April 9 will really be a big day for us all, and I bet you'll hear our prayers!

Good luck, Laurie, and lots of love,

Julie

Pam F on 3/19/02 at 09:40 (076824)

Best of luck and my prayers for what I know will be a successful surgery!

monte on 3/19/02 at 10:43 (076827)

Laurie
I will be praying for you too. You are very deserving of a good outcome and future. Monte

Carmen H on 3/19/02 at 11:51 (076832)

Ditto Ditto Ditto everyone above!!!
You KNOW you are in my prayers girl...hang in there. I can't wait for that first email that says 'Carmen I feel so amazing today!!!!' ;-)
You had better send it too! ;-)
much love to you Laurie....prayers abound!

Re: Well said! I echo this, Laurie...

Suzanne D on 3/19/02 at 18:26 (076882)

You will have people all over this country and other parts of the world thinking of and praying for you!

I hope this gives you strength and peace.

Suzanne :-)

Necee on 3/19/02 at 20:16 (076906)

Laurie,
I know that you will be so glad to get this all behind you. As everyone has mentioned here, I too will be praying for you. I'll be sending you an email soon.
Love and prayers,
Necee

JudyS on 3/20/02 at 10:28 (076969)

Laurie, my sister, April 9th has just become a 'red-letter' day on my calendar........

Re: Laurie,the angels will be with you

Tammie on 3/20/02 at 16:52 (077026)

Our Dear Laurie, the angels will be with a very special lady on 4/9 ! Remember that you have a wonderful huge group praying for you and for your dr. to be given the knowledge and expierance of getting you back into this world as you once knew it! I know that a special angel will be peaking out over things to be sure you are safe and dreaming of the footsteps in the sand! Laurie, you will feel the warm breeze on your face as you bury your feet in the sand and marvel at how well things have turned out! Those are the dreams that we hope come true for you! In any case we are always here for you! We will dip our wings to help hold you up till you are well on the way of mending! Positive thinking at this point! Hugs to you!

Laurie R on 3/21/02 at 00:15 (077061)

To Everyone , I can not even begin to tell you how very special you all have made me feel. It means the world to me . I want to thank each and everyone one of you for your love an support through all my foot troubles . Without all of you I have no clue what I would have done . It just warms my heart to have everyone feeling as positive as I am about my surgeries ... Thank you all again from the bottom of my heart....

Much love , Laurie R

monte on 3/21/02 at 14:31 (077117)

Laurie..you deserve nothing less than all the kind outpouring that you have gotten from this sincerley compassionate group. I really wish the best for you. Monte

SteveP on 3/18/02 at 20:30 (076782)

Laurie -- April 9th will be an important day not only for you, but for all of us on this board. There will be many prayers going up for you......you can be sure about that!

Steve

SuzanneK on 3/18/02 at 20:33 (076783)

Laurie - I read often, but don't post much. I have followed your troubles with a sympathetic hert for about 2 years now. I want to let you know that you have always been in my prayers and will be even more so now. I pray that this surgery will give you some relief from the horrible pain you have been having. ((((Laurie)))

Carole C in NOLA on 3/18/02 at 21:15 (076787)

Laurie, it's scary to read about your surgery. I don't understand too much about RSD except that you have been in terrible pain for a long time. Surely these surgeries will help to make your life more bearable. I am hoping for the best possible outcome for you.

Carole C

Re: Good luck

BrianG on 3/18/02 at 21:20 (076788)

Now that you have the date, you know when you can begin healing. I can't believe how fortunate you are to have a pain management doctor, working with the surgeon. I think you are really going to have some good results. Less pain means more sleep. More sleep means quicker healing. Just remember, if that pump works really well, no jogging during the first 6 weeks :*)

All the best
BrianG

Anthony P on 3/18/02 at 22:03 (076791)

Laurie, You have been through so much in the past two years. I have followed your posts and always felt sympathy for you. Well now you can get on the road to recover y from all this foot pain . Everyone here will be praying for you now more then ever . The recovey may be long but you know that we are here to lift your spirits through this : )
My Prayer to you , Your friend on the board Anthony P

Ardee W. on 3/19/02 at 07:16 (076809)

Laurie, Glad to hear of your surgery date! I printed out the picture of you from this site and wrote the date down in my day planner. Will be praying!! Praying for the best for you here in Montana!

Julie on 3/19/02 at 08:23 (076820)

Dear Laurie, you are one of the bravest people I know. You'll face this surgery with all your courage and optimism and love, just as you've faced the pain all this time, and I know you'll come through it beautifully.

As Steve says, April 9 will really be a big day for us all, and I bet you'll hear our prayers!

Good luck, Laurie, and lots of love,

Julie

Pam F on 3/19/02 at 09:40 (076824)

Best of luck and my prayers for what I know will be a successful surgery!

monte on 3/19/02 at 10:43 (076827)

Laurie
I will be praying for you too. You are very deserving of a good outcome and future. Monte

Carmen H on 3/19/02 at 11:51 (076832)

Ditto Ditto Ditto everyone above!!!
You KNOW you are in my prayers girl...hang in there. I can't wait for that first email that says 'Carmen I feel so amazing today!!!!' ;-)
You had better send it too! ;-)
much love to you Laurie....prayers abound!

Re: Well said! I echo this, Laurie...

Suzanne D on 3/19/02 at 18:26 (076882)

You will have people all over this country and other parts of the world thinking of and praying for you!

I hope this gives you strength and peace.

Suzanne :-)

Necee on 3/19/02 at 20:16 (076906)

Laurie,
I know that you will be so glad to get this all behind you. As everyone has mentioned here, I too will be praying for you. I'll be sending you an email soon.
Love and prayers,
Necee

JudyS on 3/20/02 at 10:28 (076969)

Laurie, my sister, April 9th has just become a 'red-letter' day on my calendar........

Re: Laurie,the angels will be with you

Tammie on 3/20/02 at 16:52 (077026)

Our Dear Laurie, the angels will be with a very special lady on 4/9 ! Remember that you have a wonderful huge group praying for you and for your dr. to be given the knowledge and expierance of getting you back into this world as you once knew it! I know that a special angel will be peaking out over things to be sure you are safe and dreaming of the footsteps in the sand! Laurie, you will feel the warm breeze on your face as you bury your feet in the sand and marvel at how well things have turned out! Those are the dreams that we hope come true for you! In any case we are always here for you! We will dip our wings to help hold you up till you are well on the way of mending! Positive thinking at this point! Hugs to you!

Laurie R on 3/21/02 at 00:15 (077061)

To Everyone , I can not even begin to tell you how very special you all have made me feel. It means the world to me . I want to thank each and everyone one of you for your love an support through all my foot troubles . Without all of you I have no clue what I would have done . It just warms my heart to have everyone feeling as positive as I am about my surgeries ... Thank you all again from the bottom of my heart....

Much love , Laurie R

monte on 3/21/02 at 14:31 (077117)

Laurie..you deserve nothing less than all the kind outpouring that you have gotten from this sincerley compassionate group. I really wish the best for you. Monte