Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

high 70's in Georgia

Posted by Carmen H on 3/20/02 at 07:26 (076949)

Anyone else having beautiful weather??

Re: high of 34 hit already, fell 15 degrees last hour- 6-8 inches of snow expected in Montana

Ardee W. on 3/20/02 at 07:52 (076955)

My 16 month old grandson thinks it is VERY HAPPY weather. He stands and laughs out loud a big belly laugh as the snow falls on his face!

Re: high 70's in Georgia

nancy s. on 3/20/02 at 09:11 (076963)

yes carmen, it's relatively beautiful weather here in maine -- meaning no snow and temps above 20. but i don't think wendy likes to hear this about maine, a usually cold state, when she is freezing her butt off. so wendy, you do have my sympathy, and i'll sign off now.
nancy

JudyS on 3/20/02 at 10:51 (076975)

It's pretty nice here (San Diego)Carmen, after a wet and way-cold weekend.
My son (Neil), who lives at the base of the Tahoe area, called me Saturday to tell me his community was completely blanketed in white during the night. He loves to rub it in knowing that there are times that I miss my Michigan snow roots!
He went out and made a snow angel for his Mom. What a sweetie.

CatherineL on 3/20/02 at 11:06 (076978)

I think Wendy and I would be in agreement!!!

Here's todays weather outlook!!!
HIGH 4 F/-16 C
LOW -20 F/-29 C

So... No more talking +temps, at least til April, us Canadians, eh... can't take it, eh... tough as we are! ;)

Catherine

john h on 3/20/02 at 11:44 (076989)

NO NO NO! Rain Rain Rain! john in Little Rock.

john h on 3/20/02 at 11:45 (076990)

I am sort of convinced that cold damp weather makes my feet worse.

Carmen H on 3/20/02 at 12:51 (076999)

Fun hearing about other peoples weather....kinda reminds me how far apart we all are being from so many different places. But here we are! All in the same place. :-)

Re: Rain, Rain, Rain here in KY, too (eom)

Suzanne D on 3/20/02 at 14:43 (077003)

Re: Louisiana sunshine

Rich on 3/20/02 at 16:06 (077013)

70's and above here with a little rain. Actually had the lawn cut on Monday, not ready for that to start again!

Re: Cold damp weather makes everything worse EOM

Julie on 3/20/02 at 16:10 (077015)

Re: Catherine...

Rich on 3/20/02 at 16:29 (077019)

I missed those 'eh''s. We met a couple from around Vancouver in Mexico last year. Had the best of times swapping local stories about everything from favorite beverages to customs and recipes...of course, while we all lounged about dringing nice 'cool' drinks in the tropic sun!

CatherineL on 3/20/02 at 17:09 (077029)

Rich,

You just had to rub it in, didn't ya?

When we meet Americans on US soil, we come back with some amuuzing stories.

including, but not limited to:
-we live in igloos
-polar bears walk about town
-its always winter here
-our trees are dead all year round and there are no flowers - and why, cuz it's always winter here silly!
-we don't have electricity - (probably comes for the idea we live in igloos - but its amazing how we get our computers to work in our igloos, especially without electricity)

But honestly, we have one up on Americans, cuz a large percent of our TV is American, eh!

Imagining I'm somewhere tropical, Catherine

Anthony P on 3/20/02 at 20:39 (077044)

Yes, Its cold , rained all day here in New Jersey , Its only good because we need rain due to the dry winter we had .
For me I feel worse with rainy weather Anthony P

Carole C in NOLA on 3/20/02 at 20:42 (077045)

I love the rain... which is a good thing, because I live in New Orleans where it rains a lot. It just drizzled a little this afternoon.

How does weather affect my PF? I think that cold crisp weather helps it, maybe, but I don't think rain makes it worse in my case.

Carole C

Nancy N on 3/20/02 at 22:09 (077056)

I had a feeling you were somewhere in the Garden State, Anthony. Whereabouts are you? I'm in Mercer County.

Anthony P on 3/21/02 at 20:48 (077155)

Hi , Nancy , I 'm from Middlesex county . Good to read that your from the Garden State . Did you get alot of rain in your area ?

Nancy N on 3/21/02 at 20:54 (077156)

I'm actually a transplant to the Garden State from PA. Lived here about 5.5 years now. We got a fair amount of rain, I would say. I looked at one source that said it was only about half an inch, which I find hard to believe. We're supposed to get more through next week, if you can believe forecasts that far in advance, so hopefully this drought will be over soon!

Re: Nancy

Anthony P on 3/21/02 at 21:58 (077158)

As I write this were getting a snow shower Here , My grand paents came from PA . They came to New Jersey in the 1940s
to find work in central Jersey Thats a litte history how I got here . Yes I hope their will be a end to this drought , One of my favotte
hobbys is gardening every spring . My best , Anthony P

Nancy N on 3/21/02 at 22:13 (077160)

You know, I hadn't looked outside for several hours and couldn't believe it when I saw the snow on my porch just now! Today was such a lovely warm day, it's amazing that it shifted so quickly. Tomorrow is to be quite cold, too. I guess since we had spring all winter it's time for winter now that it's spring!

Re: Perfect weather for PF here today

Carole C in NOLA on 3/22/02 at 10:28 (077200)

Today it's in the 50's, crisp and dry, and the sun is shining so hard that it makes me squint. This is PERFECT weather for my PF. I am wearing my Birkenstock Tatami Fuldas with thick socks, and I have the day off, and I feel like I could wrestle lions today. In other words, this is great!

Got the oil and windshield wipers changed in my car, and got it washed and detailed all before 10 AM. I love having the day off.

Carole C

Ardee W. on 3/22/02 at 12:41 (077223)

HURRAY! More power to you! Sounds G..RRRRR..EAT!

Re: high of 34 hit already, fell 15 degrees last hour- 6-8 inches of snow expected in Montana

Ardee W. on 3/20/02 at 07:52 (076955)

My 16 month old grandson thinks it is VERY HAPPY weather. He stands and laughs out loud a big belly laugh as the snow falls on his face!

nancy s. on 3/20/02 at 09:11 (076963)

yes carmen, it's relatively beautiful weather here in maine -- meaning no snow and temps above 20. but i don't think wendy likes to hear this about maine, a usually cold state, when she is freezing her butt off. so wendy, you do have my sympathy, and i'll sign off now.
nancy

JudyS on 3/20/02 at 10:51 (076975)

It's pretty nice here (San Diego)Carmen, after a wet and way-cold weekend.
My son (Neil), who lives at the base of the Tahoe area, called me Saturday to tell me his community was completely blanketed in white during the night. He loves to rub it in knowing that there are times that I miss my Michigan snow roots!
He went out and made a snow angel for his Mom. What a sweetie.

CatherineL on 3/20/02 at 11:06 (076978)

I think Wendy and I would be in agreement!!!

Here's todays weather outlook!!!
HIGH 4 F/-16 C
LOW -20 F/-29 C

So... No more talking +temps, at least til April, us Canadians, eh... can't take it, eh... tough as we are! ;)

Catherine

john h on 3/20/02 at 11:44 (076989)

NO NO NO! Rain Rain Rain! john in Little Rock.

john h on 3/20/02 at 11:45 (076990)

I am sort of convinced that cold damp weather makes my feet worse.

Carmen H on 3/20/02 at 12:51 (076999)

Fun hearing about other peoples weather....kinda reminds me how far apart we all are being from so many different places. But here we are! All in the same place. :-)

Re: Rain, Rain, Rain here in KY, too (eom)

Suzanne D on 3/20/02 at 14:43 (077003)

Re: Louisiana sunshine

Rich on 3/20/02 at 16:06 (077013)

70's and above here with a little rain. Actually had the lawn cut on Monday, not ready for that to start again!

Julie on 3/20/02 at 16:10 (077015)

Rich on 3/20/02 at 16:29 (077019)

I missed those 'eh''s. We met a couple from around Vancouver in Mexico last year. Had the best of times swapping local stories about everything from favorite beverages to customs and recipes...of course, while we all lounged about dringing nice 'cool' drinks in the tropic sun!

CatherineL on 3/20/02 at 17:09 (077029)

Rich,

You just had to rub it in, didn't ya?

When we meet Americans on US soil, we come back with some amuuzing stories.

including, but not limited to:
-we live in igloos
-polar bears walk about town
-its always winter here
-our trees are dead all year round and there are no flowers - and why, cuz it's always winter here silly!
-we don't have electricity - (probably comes for the idea we live in igloos - but its amazing how we get our computers to work in our igloos, especially without electricity)

But honestly, we have one up on Americans, cuz a large percent of our TV is American, eh!

Imagining I'm somewhere tropical, Catherine

Anthony P on 3/20/02 at 20:39 (077044)

Yes, Its cold , rained all day here in New Jersey , Its only good because we need rain due to the dry winter we had .
For me I feel worse with rainy weather Anthony P

Carole C in NOLA on 3/20/02 at 20:42 (077045)

I love the rain... which is a good thing, because I live in New Orleans where it rains a lot. It just drizzled a little this afternoon.

How does weather affect my PF? I think that cold crisp weather helps it, maybe, but I don't think rain makes it worse in my case.

Carole C

Nancy N on 3/20/02 at 22:09 (077056)

I had a feeling you were somewhere in the Garden State, Anthony. Whereabouts are you? I'm in Mercer County.

Anthony P on 3/21/02 at 20:48 (077155)

Hi , Nancy , I 'm from Middlesex county . Good to read that your from the Garden State . Did you get alot of rain in your area ?

Nancy N on 3/21/02 at 20:54 (077156)

I'm actually a transplant to the Garden State from PA. Lived here about 5.5 years now. We got a fair amount of rain, I would say. I looked at one source that said it was only about half an inch, which I find hard to believe. We're supposed to get more through next week, if you can believe forecasts that far in advance, so hopefully this drought will be over soon!

Anthony P on 3/21/02 at 21:58 (077158)

As I write this were getting a snow shower Here , My grand paents came from PA . They came to New Jersey in the 1940s
to find work in central Jersey Thats a litte history how I got here . Yes I hope their will be a end to this drought , One of my favotte
hobbys is gardening every spring . My best , Anthony P

Nancy N on 3/21/02 at 22:13 (077160)

You know, I hadn't looked outside for several hours and couldn't believe it when I saw the snow on my porch just now! Today was such a lovely warm day, it's amazing that it shifted so quickly. Tomorrow is to be quite cold, too. I guess since we had spring all winter it's time for winter now that it's spring!

Carole C in NOLA on 3/22/02 at 10:28 (077200)

Today it's in the 50's, crisp and dry, and the sun is shining so hard that it makes me squint. This is PERFECT weather for my PF. I am wearing my Birkenstock Tatami Fuldas with thick socks, and I have the day off, and I feel like I could wrestle lions today. In other words, this is great!

Got the oil and windshield wipers changed in my car, and got it washed and detailed all before 10 AM. I love having the day off.

Carole C

Ardee W. on 3/22/02 at 12:41 (077223)

HURRAY! More power to you! Sounds G..RRRRR..EAT!