Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

BETTER DAYS...but..

Posted by RACHAEL T. on 3/20/02 at 23:25 (077059)

I have been having some better days; I believe EVERYthing I've done over the past year has played a role to support these better days. But, at present, I am having iontophoresis done on my feet by the phys. therapist & it seems to have spurred some healing...(no pun intended there!) The therapist puts a bag of ice on the ionto foot patches that he adheres to my feet w/ dexamethasone.....I am hoping that these 'new & improved' foot feelings stay with me! Of course, the ice, stretching limitedly, Birks, custom orthotics, & rest seem to be the MUSTS also! I suggest the ionto treatment if anyone has an opportunity to have it done in physical therapy.

Re: BETTER DAYS...but..

Carmen H on 3/21/02 at 06:35 (077072)

Same here Rachel....the ionto with ice is a good combo. Definitely not a fix all but it helps.

Re: What is iontophoresis?

Nicole K. on 3/23/02 at 13:41 (077308)

I am in PT and maybe would like to ask about it. Thanks.

RACHAEL T. on 3/23/02 at 20:02 (077346)

Iontaphoresis is when they adhere medicated patches w/ electrodes to your feet (feet are wrapped in ice also as procedure takes place) & they hook this battery pack machine (size of a handheld pc) to those pads by wires -- it looks like a mini set of car jumper cables!!! Then, you sit there, relax & let the machine do the trick.....I don't feel a thing when this is taking place. It seems to 'soothe' pain & make me feel much improved thus far! I have been treated like this for the past 3 weeks. I have 1 more week & then, I am hoping to renew the script as I think I need more of it to be long lasting & make PF more a part of my past!!!! - rather than the present!

Re: BETTER DAYS...but..

Carmen H on 3/21/02 at 06:35 (077072)

Same here Rachel....the ionto with ice is a good combo. Definitely not a fix all but it helps.

Nicole K. on 3/23/02 at 13:41 (077308)

I am in PT and maybe would like to ask about it. Thanks.

RACHAEL T. on 3/23/02 at 20:02 (077346)

Iontaphoresis is when they adhere medicated patches w/ electrodes to your feet (feet are wrapped in ice also as procedure takes place) & they hook this battery pack machine (size of a handheld pc) to those pads by wires -- it looks like a mini set of car jumper cables!!! Then, you sit there, relax & let the machine do the trick.....I don't feel a thing when this is taking place. It seems to 'soothe' pain & make me feel much improved thus far! I have been treated like this for the past 3 weeks. I have 1 more week & then, I am hoping to renew the script as I think I need more of it to be long lasting & make PF more a part of my past!!!! - rather than the present!