Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

This poor woman

Posted by Carmen H on 3/21/02 at 06:48 (077076)

I saw this poor woman at my PT yesterday. I wanted to cry. She was about 200 pounds overweight.....her feet were blue and red.....her legs were haning over her ankles and she could hardly walk.
I swear I could have just curled up and died for her and her pain. She's got genetic problems and has been trying to lose weight.
Let's all remember that there is ALWAYS someone out there worse than we are. ALWAYS. I was wanting to have a pity party (my back went on a side trip yesterday and now my back and feet are burning again for those of you who remember I went through this for month last year. So I am off to my Kinesiologist this morning)but the party didn't even get started for myself after I saw her.
I wanted to say 'Let's go walking! I will help you lose weight! Let me give you some help on your eating!' Of course I just made polite conversation and smiled at her alot.....I don't meddle....but my heart went out to her.
Poor thing.

Re: This poor woman

Suzanne D on 3/21/02 at 19:32 (077152)

Carmen, you were kind to her, and I'm sure that was a bright spot in her day. I have noticed that you always reach out and want to help everyone, and that is a fine trait to have! :-)

I'm sorry you're having some back and feet burning. Keep up the positive approach, and I send best wishes to you in getting over this little set-back.

You are very right: there is always someone in worse trouble, and we generally don't have to look far to find them.

I have always hoped that my troubles have helped me develop compassion toward others who are hurting. We all are in need of that extra smile or kind word.

Take care! Thanks for brightening the lives of others!

Suzanne :-)

Carmen H on 3/24/02 at 17:48 (077432)

You're so sweet Suzanne...always so nice to read your posts. :-)
P.s. the catalog I ordered for you should be here by next week. :-)

Re: Thanks, Carmen!

Suzanne D on 3/24/02 at 19:52 (077452)

Would you believe I found my 'mother of the bride dress' at a consignment shop Friday afternoon??! I went there on a whim with my daughter who was home from college, never dreaming I would find that, but just thinking we'd look around to see what we might find.

Imagine my surprise when the store had about 30 bridesmaid gowns, prom dresses, mother of the bride dresses, etc. from a bridal store (I suppose they were older models or returned, etc. But they were new.)

Anyway, I found just what I wanted: long, lavendar (My daughter is using lavendar and silver at her wedding), and it fits, and I really like it! And I got it at a fraction of the price it would normally cost. I thought of you when we found it!

Now with that hanging in my closet, I have good motivation to not drink a Pepsi at school when I get tired! :-) It fits just as it is, so I don't need to gain any weight in the next year!

Hope you're having a nice weekend!

Suzanne D on 3/21/02 at 19:32 (077152)

Carmen, you were kind to her, and I'm sure that was a bright spot in her day. I have noticed that you always reach out and want to help everyone, and that is a fine trait to have! :-)

I'm sorry you're having some back and feet burning. Keep up the positive approach, and I send best wishes to you in getting over this little set-back.

You are very right: there is always someone in worse trouble, and we generally don't have to look far to find them.

I have always hoped that my troubles have helped me develop compassion toward others who are hurting. We all are in need of that extra smile or kind word.

Take care! Thanks for brightening the lives of others!

Carmen H on 3/24/02 at 17:48 (077432)

You're so sweet Suzanne...always so nice to read your posts. :-)
P.s. the catalog I ordered for you should be here by next week. :-)

Re: Thanks, Carmen!

Suzanne D on 3/24/02 at 19:52 (077452)

Would you believe I found my 'mother of the bride dress' at a consignment shop Friday afternoon??! I went there on a whim with my daughter who was home from college, never dreaming I would find that, but just thinking we'd look around to see what we might find.

Imagine my surprise when the store had about 30 bridesmaid gowns, prom dresses, mother of the bride dresses, etc. from a bridal store (I suppose they were older models or returned, etc. But they were new.)

Anyway, I found just what I wanted: long, lavendar (My daughter is using lavendar and silver at her wedding), and it fits, and I really like it! And I got it at a fraction of the price it would normally cost. I thought of you when we found it!

Now with that hanging in my closet, I have good motivation to not drink a Pepsi at school when I get tired! :-) It fits just as it is, so I don't need to gain any weight in the next year!

Hope you're having a nice weekend!