Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

bayshore ESWT

Posted by BrianJ on 3/22/02 at 19:53 (077258)

To Scott R --

Your information on Bayshore quotes a maximum of $1,500 for three treatments, with hotel charges included. They quoted me $670 per treatment ($2,010) for three treatments, and hotel was NOT included. Am I missing something? Is the difference that I am requesting bilateral treatments and your quote was for just one foot?

Re: bayshore ESWT

Carmel M on 3/23/02 at 10:11 (077288)

Brian, talk to Cori at Bayshore. The phone number is 905-949-6669. She quoted me a price of $335.00 for one foot so I can't imagine that it is too much more for both feet. The treatment protocol is as follows: One treatment every other day. They use a low intensity laser after the ESW treatment and then on one of the days when there is no ESW treatment. Cori explained that the laser helps speed up the healing process.

I'm looking Bayshore in Canada because my insurance company denied coverage for the ESWT with the Ossatron in the US and I'm in the process of an appeal. I'm not too confident that they will approve it the second time around. They say ESWT is investigational/experimental, even though it has been FDA approved.

I hope this helps, and good luck in your search for pain free feet!!
Carmel

BrianJ on 3/23/02 at 12:06 (077298)

Carmel --

Thanks for your advice. In fact, I have been talking with Cori all along, and she is the one who quoted $670 for each bilateral treatment. I can only assume that treating two feet costs twice as much as treating one foot -- though you'd think there would be some efficiency savings in there somewhere. I'm still waiting to hear from our illustrious leader (Scott R), as I know he recommends Bayshore.

Re: Appeal! Yes, do it

BrianG on 3/23/02 at 12:07 (077299)

Carmel, good luck on you insurance appeal! I think everyone who is denied should appeal as well. We need them to realize that this is NOT experimental, it's been used for some time now. Good luck

BrianG

Carmel M on 3/23/02 at 10:11 (077288)

Brian, talk to Cori at Bayshore. The phone number is 905-949-6669. She quoted me a price of $335.00 for one foot so I can't imagine that it is too much more for both feet. The treatment protocol is as follows: One treatment every other day. They use a low intensity laser after the ESW treatment and then on one of the days when there is no ESW treatment. Cori explained that the laser helps speed up the healing process.

I'm looking Bayshore in Canada because my insurance company denied coverage for the ESWT with the Ossatron in the US and I'm in the process of an appeal. I'm not too confident that they will approve it the second time around. They say ESWT is investigational/experimental, even though it has been FDA approved.

I hope this helps, and good luck in your search for pain free feet!!
Carmel

BrianJ on 3/23/02 at 12:06 (077298)

Carmel --

Thanks for your advice. In fact, I have been talking with Cori all along, and she is the one who quoted $670 for each bilateral treatment. I can only assume that treating two feet costs twice as much as treating one foot -- though you'd think there would be some efficiency savings in there somewhere. I'm still waiting to hear from our illustrious leader (Scott R), as I know he recommends Bayshore.

Re: Appeal! Yes, do it

BrianG on 3/23/02 at 12:07 (077299)

Carmel, good luck on you insurance appeal! I think everyone who is denied should appeal as well. We need them to realize that this is NOT experimental, it's been used for some time now. Good luck

BrianG