Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

A trip to the Good feet store

Posted by Craig on 3/23/02 at 21:19 (077349)

Any one have any success with the Good Feet Store? I learned alot about the pain I was experiancing but was shell shocked over the price of the inserts. Are there Alternatives to the Good feet products?

Re: A trip to the Good feet store

DR Zuckerman on 3/23/02 at 21:29 (077350)

Try the power step from this web site

Carole C in NOLA on 3/23/02 at 21:33 (077351)

My custom soft orthotics were $225 (bottom line, including the C.Ped's time), less than half the price of the over-the-counter Alzner orthotics at the Good Feet Store, from what I've read of their prices. THese custom soft orthotics have worked very well for me. Maybe a good foot professional could provide you with a better version of what you need (whether it's a custom orthotic or an OTC one), for less.

Carole C

Re: Or

Carole C in NOLA on 3/23/02 at 21:35 (077353)

Or try the Powerstep like Dr. Z suggested. I've never seen them, myself, but he would know.

Carole C

Mahatmelissama on 3/24/02 at 17:45 (077431)

craig, don't do it! Don't buy them! I have a useless pair I bought here. They will not let you return them, they will only let you exchange. Please don't waste your money, like I did. I got some custom semi-rigid orthos at a foot store (computer scanned my feet and then the people made the orthos to fit me). They are more comfortable then the alznners that hurt my feet.

DR Zuckerman on 3/23/02 at 21:29 (077350)

Try the power step from this web site

Carole C in NOLA on 3/23/02 at 21:33 (077351)

My custom soft orthotics were $225 (bottom line, including the C.Ped's time), less than half the price of the over-the-counter Alzner orthotics at the Good Feet Store, from what I've read of their prices. THese custom soft orthotics have worked very well for me. Maybe a good foot professional could provide you with a better version of what you need (whether it's a custom orthotic or an OTC one), for less.

Carole C

Re: Or

Carole C in NOLA on 3/23/02 at 21:35 (077353)

Or try the Powerstep like Dr. Z suggested. I've never seen them, myself, but he would know.

Carole C

Mahatmelissama on 3/24/02 at 17:45 (077431)

craig, don't do it! Don't buy them! I have a useless pair I bought here. They will not let you return them, they will only let you exchange. Please don't waste your money, like I did. I got some custom semi-rigid orthos at a foot store (computer scanned my feet and then the people made the orthos to fit me). They are more comfortable then the alznners that hurt my feet.