Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel pain is back after 2 years.......

Posted by Anita M. on 3/23/02 at 22:23 (077357)

I had a heel spur on my right heel about 2 years ago...not too painful, but the usual morning pain upon waking and stepping and it ached after I was sitting for too long. I lost 30 lbs., iced the heel, took Ibuprofen and wore an arch support for awhile and the spur disappeared. Now after 2 years, the spur is back, but not as bad as the first time. Is this the usual pattern of heel spurs? I haven't increased activity to 'irritate' it but I do have a bunion on the same foot. Could this, somehow, cause me to walk differently and put more pressure on the heel or arch of my foot?

Re: Heel pain is back after 2 years.......

Suzanne D on 3/29/02 at 07:53 (077942)

Hi, Anita! I'm sorry about your recurring pain. I thought I might just give you the suggestion to post a message on the Treatments/Symptoms/Products board or the Ask the Foot Doctors board - all part of heelspurs.com here. Many more people will read it on one of those boards. This board is usually used to ask questions or make comments about the board itself or to get a message to the webmaster, Scott. Go to the 'Message Boards' on the menu, and you'll see the different boards.

As far as your question, I don't have any experience concerning a bunion. But I DO know that walking differently for any reason can put strain on the fasciia and ultimately cause pain.

Another thing you can do for information is to go to the search function on the message board and type in 'bunion', for instance, and then you will be able to read past messages which others have written on this topic.

Good luck to you, Anita! Try these things, and I think you'll get much more response! Most people (including me) don't read this board as often.

Suzanne :-)

Re: Heel pain is back after 2 years.......

Suzanne D on 3/29/02 at 07:53 (077942)

Hi, Anita! I'm sorry about your recurring pain. I thought I might just give you the suggestion to post a message on the Treatments/Symptoms/Products board or the Ask the Foot Doctors board - all part of heelspurs.com here. Many more people will read it on one of those boards. This board is usually used to ask questions or make comments about the board itself or to get a message to the webmaster, Scott. Go to the 'Message Boards' on the menu, and you'll see the different boards.

As far as your question, I don't have any experience concerning a bunion. But I DO know that walking differently for any reason can put strain on the fasciia and ultimately cause pain.

Another thing you can do for information is to go to the search function on the message board and type in 'bunion', for instance, and then you will be able to read past messages which others have written on this topic.

Good luck to you, Anita! Try these things, and I think you'll get much more response! Most people (including me) don't read this board as often.

Suzanne :-)