Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Stress fracture again or something else?

Posted by Andrea on 3/23/02 at 22:39 (077358)

Help, I have plantar fasciitis and had EPF last October. Since then I haven't had a lot of problems except for getting a pair of orthotics that are comfortable. I got a new pair three weeks ago and have been slowly breaking them in. The last couple days I have wore them most of the day but my foot hurts worse. I have not had any pain recently but now it even hurts at night. I had a stress fracture last summer and that's what it kinda feels like. The problem is my doctor's office is closed until Monday and I have to be out of town this week for work. I would just go the urgent care but last time they diagnoised it they didn't do anything. Any advice?

Re: Stress fracture again or something else?

Carole C in NOLA on 3/23/02 at 23:06 (077362)

I'm not a foot doctor, just another PF sufferer who's getting better.

Since your foot hurts worse, my suggestion would be to back off on the orthotics for now, and instead just rest your feet all day tomorrow. Be a couch potato for the day. Do some very gentle stretching, and ice your feet, and elevate them, and do whatever helps them to feel nice.

Could you call your doctor at home, or leave a message for him to call you back tomorrow? I'm sure he wouldn't want you to be in pain for an entire week.

Carole C

BG CPed on 3/27/02 at 06:35 (077702)

Where is the pain located? if it is located on the outside border of your foot, about 1/2 way between your little toe and heel, or middle of foot be careful. Did you follow break in and wear them 1 hour first day and ad 1 hour each day?. If the pain is getting worse and is very sentral then you may want to back off till you can talk to your Doc

Carole C in NOLA on 3/23/02 at 23:06 (077362)

I'm not a foot doctor, just another PF sufferer who's getting better.

Since your foot hurts worse, my suggestion would be to back off on the orthotics for now, and instead just rest your feet all day tomorrow. Be a couch potato for the day. Do some very gentle stretching, and ice your feet, and elevate them, and do whatever helps them to feel nice.

Could you call your doctor at home, or leave a message for him to call you back tomorrow? I'm sure he wouldn't want you to be in pain for an entire week.

Carole C

BG CPed on 3/27/02 at 06:35 (077702)

Where is the pain located? if it is located on the outside border of your foot, about 1/2 way between your little toe and heel, or middle of foot be careful. Did you follow break in and wear them 1 hour first day and ad 1 hour each day?. If the pain is getting worse and is very sentral then you may want to back off till you can talk to your Doc