Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

TO JESSICA

Posted by Laurie R on 3/24/02 at 18:40 (077441)

Hi Jessica , My name is Laurie R , I had made a post to you in reply to your up comming surgery a while ago . Anyway I know you said that your surgery is on March 28 . I Have been posting on this board for over two years now and have met many wonderful friends . I will also be having foot and ankle surgery on April they will be doing a lot to my foot . I also have two children one is just about your age , her name is Angel she is 14 . I want you to know that we will all be thinking about you on your day of surgery . I will say a special prayer for you . You will be just fine . Please after your surgery and when you are feeling up to it , let us know how your doing . We are all in this together ....

Take care and all my best to you .... Laurie R

Re: TO JESSICA

Pam B on 3/25/02 at 10:00 (077488)

Hi Jessica, my name is Pam......I have been following the postings you began and I have to say you are a very smart young lady I just hope that you have not been scared to death reading some of these postings.....I commend you for your determination to understand what is going on with your surgery because it is your body and you have the right to understand the procedure so you make sure you get your questions answered.......most adults would not even think to ask many of the questions you are asking......I myself have not had the surgery you are having, however I did have foot surgery in Feb......I know you are smart enough to know there will be some pain involved as there is always going to be with all surgical procedures......but if you follow the docs orders to the letter, I think you will suffer more discomfort than pain.....when they did my surgery, the nerve blocks they did to my foot while I was sleeping kept my foot numb following the procedure well into the next day...nobody can tell you what your pain level will be nor can they tell you what your tolerance to that pain will be......but I can tell you that it sounds to me like you are a very brave young lady with a good head on her shoulders that will follow instructions so she suffers as little as possible......I agree with the doc here who stated that your doc should be more informative with you as you are certainly mature enough to be seeking the answers on the internet.....I know how scary this can be as surgery is always scary for all of us no matter how young or old we are.......you must also keep reminding yourself that each doctor has his own way of doing things but that does not necessarily make it wrong, only different......I wish you the best of luck and I hope you keep us posted here as to how well you do when the surgery is over.....You and your parents are in my prayers and my wishes are all the best for you.......remember, take care of yourself, get your questions answered and do what the doc and your parents tell you to do........good luck babe....... :)

Jessica on 3/27/02 at 18:19 (077767)

hey thanxs for all the advice all of you have gave me. Before I found this Message board I was so scared. I even thought about killing myself so i didn't have to have the surgery but that was a one minute thing. because while i was thinking about that i relized the thing i am scared a lot most is dieing. I love my life. I think i thought about it was because i have to stop riding because of the surgery and riding is my WHOLE life. But stopping riding doesn't mean I can't spend time with my horse. After talking with all of you it made me feel 100% better and safer. um.. well you dearest , nicest, beatest freind came over to help my pack my stuff so i gotta go i'll be on later to see it anyone has replyed thanxs
Jessica

p.s- wear ear pulls even if you live on the other side of the world trust me but i am getting a needles you'll hear me..... heheheheh

Tammie on 3/27/02 at 18:28 (077770)

Oh my dear you are a real sweetie! I also have a daughter who is 13 ! I am sure she would be terrified, especially the unknown! You will be in good hands and you have alot of good reasons to hurry up and get better! I am glad you love your horses once I rode and competed in shows when I was much younger! I loved my horses they listened to all of my teen troubles and matters of the heart! And do you know what they never laughed at me or never made fun of me! The most they did was swat a fly or nicker a bit! So maybe when you go to sleep dream about riding and your hair blowing in the wind and your horse will be waiting for you when you are up to it. You have a lot of time to ride dear dont lose hope ! keep positive thoughts and have happy dreams and know that all of your friends here will be thinking and praying very hard for you! Dont forget when you feel up to it you must tell us how it went!

I hope that you are not to frightened it will all come out fine! I also hope that you get a wonderful nurse to hold your hand when you go to sleep! I am a big girl now and when I had surgery I was very frightened also and I had the most precious nurse and she held my hand and I felt much better! So I pray that you get a angel to help you! Here is a great big hug for you and Good luck and hope you have a wonderful sleep!

JessicA k on 3/27/02 at 19:34 (077784)

Aww......... i am crying with all the thoughts. Maybe something good will come of the surgery. Hey maybe i'll wake up with another horse by my side hehehehe . I know god will be with me and he will help me in ever way he can. My minister is coming to the hospital and we are going to pray together. That will help. And my mom asked for the best nurse ( we know her) and i am having her so everything will be great. well i only have 2 and a half hours til i have to stop eating so i am going to go stuff myself hehehe. tomrrow about 7:00 my freind will be posting a message about how i am if anyone wants to know! wish me luck
Jessica

Pam B on 3/25/02 at 10:00 (077488)

Hi Jessica, my name is Pam......I have been following the postings you began and I have to say you are a very smart young lady I just hope that you have not been scared to death reading some of these postings.....I commend you for your determination to understand what is going on with your surgery because it is your body and you have the right to understand the procedure so you make sure you get your questions answered.......most adults would not even think to ask many of the questions you are asking......I myself have not had the surgery you are having, however I did have foot surgery in Feb......I know you are smart enough to know there will be some pain involved as there is always going to be with all surgical procedures......but if you follow the docs orders to the letter, I think you will suffer more discomfort than pain.....when they did my surgery, the nerve blocks they did to my foot while I was sleeping kept my foot numb following the procedure well into the next day...nobody can tell you what your pain level will be nor can they tell you what your tolerance to that pain will be......but I can tell you that it sounds to me like you are a very brave young lady with a good head on her shoulders that will follow instructions so she suffers as little as possible......I agree with the doc here who stated that your doc should be more informative with you as you are certainly mature enough to be seeking the answers on the internet.....I know how scary this can be as surgery is always scary for all of us no matter how young or old we are.......you must also keep reminding yourself that each doctor has his own way of doing things but that does not necessarily make it wrong, only different......I wish you the best of luck and I hope you keep us posted here as to how well you do when the surgery is over.....You and your parents are in my prayers and my wishes are all the best for you.......remember, take care of yourself, get your questions answered and do what the doc and your parents tell you to do........good luck babe....... :)

Jessica on 3/27/02 at 18:19 (077767)

hey thanxs for all the advice all of you have gave me. Before I found this Message board I was so scared. I even thought about killing myself so i didn't have to have the surgery but that was a one minute thing. because while i was thinking about that i relized the thing i am scared a lot most is dieing. I love my life. I think i thought about it was because i have to stop riding because of the surgery and riding is my WHOLE life. But stopping riding doesn't mean I can't spend time with my horse. After talking with all of you it made me feel 100% better and safer. um.. well you dearest , nicest, beatest freind came over to help my pack my stuff so i gotta go i'll be on later to see it anyone has replyed thanxs
Jessica

p.s- wear ear pulls even if you live on the other side of the world trust me but i am getting a needles you'll hear me..... heheheheh

Tammie on 3/27/02 at 18:28 (077770)

Oh my dear you are a real sweetie! I also have a daughter who is 13 ! I am sure she would be terrified, especially the unknown! You will be in good hands and you have alot of good reasons to hurry up and get better! I am glad you love your horses once I rode and competed in shows when I was much younger! I loved my horses they listened to all of my teen troubles and matters of the heart! And do you know what they never laughed at me or never made fun of me! The most they did was swat a fly or nicker a bit! So maybe when you go to sleep dream about riding and your hair blowing in the wind and your horse will be waiting for you when you are up to it. You have a lot of time to ride dear dont lose hope ! keep positive thoughts and have happy dreams and know that all of your friends here will be thinking and praying very hard for you! Dont forget when you feel up to it you must tell us how it went!

I hope that you are not to frightened it will all come out fine! I also hope that you get a wonderful nurse to hold your hand when you go to sleep! I am a big girl now and when I had surgery I was very frightened also and I had the most precious nurse and she held my hand and I felt much better! So I pray that you get a angel to help you! Here is a great big hug for you and Good luck and hope you have a wonderful sleep!

JessicA k on 3/27/02 at 19:34 (077784)

Aww......... i am crying with all the thoughts. Maybe something good will come of the surgery. Hey maybe i'll wake up with another horse by my side hehehehe . I know god will be with me and he will help me in ever way he can. My minister is coming to the hospital and we are going to pray together. That will help. And my mom asked for the best nurse ( we know her) and i am having her so everything will be great. well i only have 2 and a half hours til i have to stop eating so i am going to go stuff myself hehehe. tomrrow about 7:00 my freind will be posting a message about how i am if anyone wants to know! wish me luck
Jessica