Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dr ED and Dr. Z

Posted by Carmen H on 3/26/02 at 16:28 (077632)

Whooopieee!~ Finally a Pod that says 'you ARE overpronating. See how your ankle is turning inward?'
Casted me for rigid orthotics to correct it and said 'I seriously think the inflammation won't be an issue once we get this straightened out.'
Ahh...the relief of thinking I am going to be better is enough to make the two week wait bearable.
AND the orthotics are paid for by insurance.

Re: Dr ED and Dr. Z

Julie on 3/26/02 at 16:33 (077636)

Carmen, I'm glad to hear it. It must be a huge relief to feel you're getting to the root of the matter at last. I hope the orthotics work for you first go, but break them in gently.

I still can't believe that three pods told you you didn't pronate. And that two of them didn't even watch you standing (or, presumably, walking).

(It's a measure of how much you've learned that you'd know to laugh at any pod who tried to get away with that now - and make a quick exit.)

Ed Davis, DPM on 3/28/02 at 19:46 (077896)

Carmen:

I am glad to see that you have found a good podiatrist.
Ed

Julie on 3/26/02 at 16:33 (077636)

Carmen, I'm glad to hear it. It must be a huge relief to feel you're getting to the root of the matter at last. I hope the orthotics work for you first go, but break them in gently.

I still can't believe that three pods told you you didn't pronate. And that two of them didn't even watch you standing (or, presumably, walking).

(It's a measure of how much you've learned that you'd know to laugh at any pod who tried to get away with that now - and make a quick exit.)

Ed Davis, DPM on 3/28/02 at 19:46 (077896)

Carmen:

I am glad to see that you have found a good podiatrist.
Ed