Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

"high fashion shoes for problem feet"

Posted by Suzanne D on 3/26/02 at 17:21 (077640)

Has anyone seen this site before? If someone has already posted it, I am sorry that I missed it.

http://www.comfortable-shoes.com/

It is stated that all shoes sold accomodate orthotics and have orthopedic features. The shoes are billed as 'high fashion shoes for problem feet'. On the home page of the site, there is a seal with the initials PFA and the words Pedorthic Footwear Association. This would seem to be a good seal of approval, but I don't know anything about such an association.

I thought others might be interested in this site and also wondered if anyone had any experience with the shoes advertised here. There are dress as well as casual shoes available.

Re: Ooops! Just saw the PRICES!

Suzanne D on 3/26/02 at 17:26 (077642)

I should have looked at everything before posting. Not only are the shoes 'high fashion', they are 'high' price! I won't be ordering any, although if they are all they claim to be, they might be good shoes - just the combination of pretty as well as functional that we women wish we could find.

Re: "high fashion shoes for problem feet"

Carole C in NOLA on 3/26/02 at 17:37 (077644)

Those are some very attractive shoes! And several styles had a slightly elevated heel, which is appealing to me, as well as lace-up styling which I like too.

They are very expensive, and it is too bad they are in New York so one cannot examine the shoes. Also, I guess the shoes are their own brand; they said that these shoes are made in Europe, but I did not notice any brand names. I would have some reservations about buying a shoe that I haven't seen or tried on and that does not have a brand name. They are sure beautiful though. Thanks for a very interesting site!

(But, I'm feeling better so I don't think I'll be buying any)

Carole C

Re: (giggle)

Carole C in NOLA on 3/26/02 at 17:39 (077645)

LOL! Well we can dream, right?

What's worse to me than the prices is that you don't know what you're getting for that very high price.

They sure are pretty! A person could wear them and actually look normal. But then, I feel pretty normal anyway these days in my SAS Free Times.

Carole C

Re: Okay Imelda!

Rich on 3/27/02 at 10:15 (077720)

Pretty or not, don't even think about it!!!! LOL

I'm sure you have PLENTY that are just as pretty! Couldn't resist teasing a fellow shoe horse!!

Can you believe those prices????

Rich

Suzanne D on 3/27/02 at 11:00 (077730)

I guess this Kentucky small-town girl just never even realized there were shoes out there that cost that much! :-) Next time I won't post a site before I look at the prices! I was just so excited at seeing these dress shoes which would accomodate orthotics - something many have written about and hoped for - that I posted it BEFORE I looked at them. Then I was so shocked I almost fell out of my seat at the computer!

Carole C in NOLA on 3/27/02 at 15:02 (077747)

Unbelievable prices! And that's probably just as well, because they ARE pretty shoes and would look great at work. If they were $40 I might be tempted.

There was a time when my PF was so bad that I was even looking at Mephistos online, and they are pretty high priced also. Kind of ugly looking shoes, too. :) Anyway, I decided that a shoe that expensive needed to promise miracles. Now, I wouldn't think of paying so much for shoes! My feet are better. LOL

Actually, now that I finally have some shoes that feel good and look acceptable, I can walk and live a relatively normal life. So, I probably won't buy any more shoes for a while (because I bought at least 10 pairs since the time I got PF!)

Carole C

Richard, C.Ped on 3/27/02 at 15:40 (077752)

Holy Cow!!! I just took a look at the site to see what was offered. Man! Those are custom shoe prices. I was expecting prices in the $100 to $150 range.
Richard

Carole C in NOLA on 3/27/02 at 16:23 (077755)

Oh, OK, THAT's why they are so expensive, and why there are no brand names; the shoes are custom made! Duh! you can tell I'm definitely middle class. LOL

I also noticed that their custom orthotics are $450. So, if my feet hurt enough to patronize this store (they don't), it would cost me $837 to get out of there with orthotics in my favorite pair of their walking shoes (assuming 8% tax and no extras). I've spent about that much on PF stuff but not all at once, that's for sure.

There is a need for a store like this in NYC, I'm sure. Suppose we were rock stars with PF, or prime ministers, or symphony conductors, or pillars of finance? We'd have to have the very best, and we'd be able and willing to pay anything for that.

Carole C

Richard, C.Ped on 3/28/02 at 08:47 (077823)

Carole...I meant that the prices are something you pay to get a custom shoe. I dont think these are. That is why I am so shocked. And orthotics for that much???? Man...they better be gold plated. ha ha

Richard

Ed Davis, DPM on 3/28/02 at 20:05 (077900)

The Munro line of women's dress shoes have removable insoles and thus accept orthotics. They are reasonably priced and available at Nordstom Dept. Store.
Ed

Re: Ooops! Just saw the PRICES!

Suzanne D on 3/26/02 at 17:26 (077642)

I should have looked at everything before posting. Not only are the shoes 'high fashion', they are 'high' price! I won't be ordering any, although if they are all they claim to be, they might be good shoes - just the combination of pretty as well as functional that we women wish we could find.

Carole C in NOLA on 3/26/02 at 17:37 (077644)

Those are some very attractive shoes! And several styles had a slightly elevated heel, which is appealing to me, as well as lace-up styling which I like too.

They are very expensive, and it is too bad they are in New York so one cannot examine the shoes. Also, I guess the shoes are their own brand; they said that these shoes are made in Europe, but I did not notice any brand names. I would have some reservations about buying a shoe that I haven't seen or tried on and that does not have a brand name. They are sure beautiful though. Thanks for a very interesting site!

(But, I'm feeling better so I don't think I'll be buying any)

Carole C

Re: (giggle)

Carole C in NOLA on 3/26/02 at 17:39 (077645)

LOL! Well we can dream, right?

What's worse to me than the prices is that you don't know what you're getting for that very high price.

They sure are pretty! A person could wear them and actually look normal. But then, I feel pretty normal anyway these days in my SAS Free Times.

Carole C

Rich on 3/27/02 at 10:15 (077720)

Pretty or not, don't even think about it!!!! LOL

I'm sure you have PLENTY that are just as pretty! Couldn't resist teasing a fellow shoe horse!!

Can you believe those prices????

Rich

Suzanne D on 3/27/02 at 11:00 (077730)

I guess this Kentucky small-town girl just never even realized there were shoes out there that cost that much! :-) Next time I won't post a site before I look at the prices! I was just so excited at seeing these dress shoes which would accomodate orthotics - something many have written about and hoped for - that I posted it BEFORE I looked at them. Then I was so shocked I almost fell out of my seat at the computer!

Carole C in NOLA on 3/27/02 at 15:02 (077747)

Unbelievable prices! And that's probably just as well, because they ARE pretty shoes and would look great at work. If they were $40 I might be tempted.

There was a time when my PF was so bad that I was even looking at Mephistos online, and they are pretty high priced also. Kind of ugly looking shoes, too. :) Anyway, I decided that a shoe that expensive needed to promise miracles. Now, I wouldn't think of paying so much for shoes! My feet are better. LOL

Actually, now that I finally have some shoes that feel good and look acceptable, I can walk and live a relatively normal life. So, I probably won't buy any more shoes for a while (because I bought at least 10 pairs since the time I got PF!)

Carole C

Richard, C.Ped on 3/27/02 at 15:40 (077752)

Holy Cow!!! I just took a look at the site to see what was offered. Man! Those are custom shoe prices. I was expecting prices in the $100 to $150 range.
Richard

Carole C in NOLA on 3/27/02 at 16:23 (077755)

Oh, OK, THAT's why they are so expensive, and why there are no brand names; the shoes are custom made! Duh! you can tell I'm definitely middle class. LOL

I also noticed that their custom orthotics are $450. So, if my feet hurt enough to patronize this store (they don't), it would cost me $837 to get out of there with orthotics in my favorite pair of their walking shoes (assuming 8% tax and no extras). I've spent about that much on PF stuff but not all at once, that's for sure.

There is a need for a store like this in NYC, I'm sure. Suppose we were rock stars with PF, or prime ministers, or symphony conductors, or pillars of finance? We'd have to have the very best, and we'd be able and willing to pay anything for that.

Carole C

Richard, C.Ped on 3/28/02 at 08:47 (077823)

Carole...I meant that the prices are something you pay to get a custom shoe. I dont think these are. That is why I am so shocked. And orthotics for that much???? Man...they better be gold plated. ha ha

Richard

Ed Davis, DPM on 3/28/02 at 20:05 (077900)

The Munro line of women's dress shoes have removable insoles and thus accept orthotics. They are reasonably priced and available at Nordstom Dept. Store.
Ed