Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Avanti and other "retro" shoes

Posted by adam p on 3/27/02 at 22:40 (077803)

Does anyone have any opinions about Puma's Avanti
shoes? Eastbay (eastbay.com) sells the shoe along
with quite a few other 'casual'/retro athletic shoes
readers might find interesting.

AP

Re: Avanti and other "retro" shoes

Carole C in NOLA on 3/31/02 at 13:13 (078099)

I think they look better than a lot of the newer shoes, but that's probably because they are retro and I'm too old to like wearing bright orange shoes with weird shaped soles that look more suited to a cartoon superhero than to a normal person.

I haven't worn them or seen them in real life, but since nobody else answered you I thought I would at least say they look nice. Have you tried them on? how do they feel to you?

Carole C

adam p on 3/31/02 at 14:46 (078105)

I have not tried them on.

The shoes may have a polyurethane midsole, which
would set them apart . . .

AP

Carole C in NOLA on 3/31/02 at 15:39 (078109)

Would the polyurethane midsole mean that they were more suited for those that overpronate to at least a moderate extent? It's difficult to remember but that sounds like something meant for overpronation.

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 3/31/02 at 13:13 (078099)

I think they look better than a lot of the newer shoes, but that's probably because they are retro and I'm too old to like wearing bright orange shoes with weird shaped soles that look more suited to a cartoon superhero than to a normal person.

I haven't worn them or seen them in real life, but since nobody else answered you I thought I would at least say they look nice. Have you tried them on? how do they feel to you?

Carole C

adam p on 3/31/02 at 14:46 (078105)

I have not tried them on.

The shoes may have a polyurethane midsole, which
would set them apart . . .

AP

Carole C in NOLA on 3/31/02 at 15:39 (078109)

Would the polyurethane midsole mean that they were more suited for those that overpronate to at least a moderate extent? It's difficult to remember but that sounds like something meant for overpronation.

Carole C