Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Can you work !

Posted by wendyg on 3/28/02 at 10:13 (077829)

I have bilateral tss and rsd in the foot and leg that I had surgery on a yr ago. I am being treated at pain center without much success as yet. I would like to know if there is anyone who reads this board that is able to work a job that requires them to be on their feet for 8 hrs a day on cement floors. I am doing a desk job for now because I can not tolerate being on my feet. I'm going to go crazy if this is going to be my job for life.

Re: Can you work !

Barbara on 3/29/02 at 12:46 (077981)

Hi Wendy,

I have been off of work from my desk job since Dec 1,2001 since I had Plantars Fascitis surgery,that made my right foot worse than what it was. I have constant pain in my foot and up my leg. My work is saying I need to go back to work as they Drs. do not agree that I should be off as I'm not on my feet,yet I am in constant pain. So don't think a desk job is going to be any better. I am hoping for some relieve from Tarsel Tunnel Surgery soon. Good luck to you Wendy

Re: Can you work !

Barbara on 3/29/02 at 12:46 (077981)

Hi Wendy,

I have been off of work from my desk job since Dec 1,2001 since I had Plantars Fascitis surgery,that made my right foot worse than what it was. I have constant pain in my foot and up my leg. My work is saying I need to go back to work as they Drs. do not agree that I should be off as I'm not on my feet,yet I am in constant pain. So don't think a desk job is going to be any better. I am hoping for some relieve from Tarsel Tunnel Surgery soon. Good luck to you Wendy