Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

checkin in!

Posted by Clara on 3/28/02 at 10:27 (077830)

Hello folks! Just wanted to say hi!
I have started working a little (2 hours a day) but it´s rather difficult. I´m now going around with a stick, it´s easier. But anyway. I have problems with a jobmate, and when I was at my work earlier this week, she said to me that 'you are always ill!!' and ' why can´t you bee here 8 hours a day, like us?' and stuff like that. I got so sad, I cried, and cried and I couldn´t not stop crying. And everybody at my work saw it!

But, I will not go down, anyway. I know that this will pass to.

I wish you all a happy easter!
Hugs from
Clara

Re: checkin in!

Suzanne D on 3/28/02 at 10:39 (077831)

Dear Clara,

Last night I was thinking about you and your library job and the recent trouble with your feet and thought to myself that I would post today to ask how you were!

Then I came here and found you had already left a message!

I am so sorry that your co-workers are not understanding. It is just so frustrating to have people think you are not trying or aren't giving 100%. If they only knew how much pain you are in and how hard you are having to work to do what you are doing!

I wish I could do something to help you, Clara. I AM thinking of you and praying for you. I do hope you start feeling better SOON!

Happy Easter to you, too!
Suzanne :-)

Carole C in NOLA on 3/28/02 at 11:52 (077839)

Hi Clara!

People can be so mean! How could she say such cruel things to you? Maybe it is just that she doesn't understand what you have been enduring. Don't worry about crying in front of your co-workers. I think and hope that after you left, they probably told that cruel co-worker of yours that she should be more understanding and kind to someone who is in pain.

Carole C

Kathy G on 3/28/02 at 14:39 (077848)

Ah well, Clara, as my dear departed mother used to say, 'She ain't dead yet!' Don't ask me how that was supposed to make us feel better because it was pretty vindictive, but her attitude was that whatever we do in life comes back to us, tenfold. So, if a person is mean to someone, and your co-worker was certainly mean to you, eventually someone will be ten times meaner to her. Maybe it does have a certain poetic justice to it.....

Anyway, hang in there. We're all thinking of you!

Have a wonderful Easter!

Necee on 3/28/02 at 16:05 (077860)

Hi Clara,
Glad that you checked in with us, just don't ever check out!
People can be so cruel sometimes, it was upsetting to read your post about your insensitive coworker, but don't let that get you down, you hang in there and just continue to be the sweet gal that you are.
It's always nice to have this board as a sounding block, so when life is rough you can always come here, we will embrace you with love and understanding. Some people just don't realize what pain we all go through with our feet, if they ever had to walk in our shoes maybe then they would understand.
All the best to you dear friend.
Happy Trails.....
Necee

Clara on 3/30/02 at 06:29 (078016)

Hi everywone! I just cannot tell you how much I appreiciated your posts!! And yes - she REALLY was cruel to me... and I got reaally depressed. Now I have talked to some others at my job, and they said, that she has problems with herself, infact, almost nowonee likes her, and there I come, and all others like me, and hugs me, and wonders how I am, and so on... So no, I shall not think about that anymore.

Love to you all
Clara

Carole C in NOLA on 3/30/02 at 06:39 (078017)

I'm so glad that you have some kind and caring people at your job!

Carole C

Clara on 3/31/02 at 08:20 (078087)

Hi! Carole, yes, and you know, now I feel sorry for her. Because, she is not very popular at my work, I now have understood after this (terrible) meeting.. She looks never happy, she is not very friendly, so infact, I cannot help feeling sorry (for her). I have many good friends at my job that likes me, and that is something to be happy about.

Clara

Suzanne D on 3/28/02 at 10:39 (077831)

Dear Clara,

Last night I was thinking about you and your library job and the recent trouble with your feet and thought to myself that I would post today to ask how you were!

Then I came here and found you had already left a message!

I am so sorry that your co-workers are not understanding. It is just so frustrating to have people think you are not trying or aren't giving 100%. If they only knew how much pain you are in and how hard you are having to work to do what you are doing!

I wish I could do something to help you, Clara. I AM thinking of you and praying for you. I do hope you start feeling better SOON!

Happy Easter to you, too!
Suzanne :-)

Carole C in NOLA on 3/28/02 at 11:52 (077839)

Hi Clara!

People can be so mean! How could she say such cruel things to you? Maybe it is just that she doesn't understand what you have been enduring. Don't worry about crying in front of your co-workers. I think and hope that after you left, they probably told that cruel co-worker of yours that she should be more understanding and kind to someone who is in pain.

Carole C

Kathy G on 3/28/02 at 14:39 (077848)

Ah well, Clara, as my dear departed mother used to say, 'She ain't dead yet!' Don't ask me how that was supposed to make us feel better because it was pretty vindictive, but her attitude was that whatever we do in life comes back to us, tenfold. So, if a person is mean to someone, and your co-worker was certainly mean to you, eventually someone will be ten times meaner to her. Maybe it does have a certain poetic justice to it.....

Anyway, hang in there. We're all thinking of you!

Have a wonderful Easter!

Necee on 3/28/02 at 16:05 (077860)

Hi Clara,
Glad that you checked in with us, just don't ever check out!
People can be so cruel sometimes, it was upsetting to read your post about your insensitive coworker, but don't let that get you down, you hang in there and just continue to be the sweet gal that you are.
It's always nice to have this board as a sounding block, so when life is rough you can always come here, we will embrace you with love and understanding. Some people just don't realize what pain we all go through with our feet, if they ever had to walk in our shoes maybe then they would understand.
All the best to you dear friend.
Happy Trails.....
Necee

Clara on 3/30/02 at 06:29 (078016)

Hi everywone! I just cannot tell you how much I appreiciated your posts!! And yes - she REALLY was cruel to me... and I got reaally depressed. Now I have talked to some others at my job, and they said, that she has problems with herself, infact, almost nowonee likes her, and there I come, and all others like me, and hugs me, and wonders how I am, and so on... So no, I shall not think about that anymore.

Love to you all
Clara

Carole C in NOLA on 3/30/02 at 06:39 (078017)

I'm so glad that you have some kind and caring people at your job!

Carole C

Clara on 3/31/02 at 08:20 (078087)

Hi! Carole, yes, and you know, now I feel sorry for her. Because, she is not very popular at my work, I now have understood after this (terrible) meeting.. She looks never happy, she is not very friendly, so infact, I cannot help feeling sorry (for her). I have many good friends at my job that likes me, and that is something to be happy about.

Clara