Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

How do I find TTS Doctors in St. Louis?

Posted by MaryH on 3/28/02 at 13:57 (077845)

I am trying to find out this information for my mother. She has had progressively worse foot & heel pain for the last 7 years. It has gotten to the point that she can no longer cook or clean her house without putting herself in a lot of pain. She is going to be 70 this year and in all other health issues is in very good shape. She has been to numerous doctors in the last 7 years, had surgery on her right (worse) foot for plantars facitis, didn't work. Had a doctor recently tell her she has TTS and possibly hallux rigidus. He wants to do both surgeries on one foot at a time. She was told this would not be any big thing to recover from. After we read some of the messages here we have our doubts about that. What we would like to get is the names of some doctors in the St. Louis area that specialize in this area for her to go to for second & possibly third opinions. Does anyone know of a web site where you can do that? Or preferable does anyone actually know of a good doctor they could recommend?
Thanks in advance for any help. MaryH

Re: How do I find TTS Doctors in St. Louis?

Lara T on 3/28/02 at 15:48 (077856)

What is 'hallux rigidus' Thanks.

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/29/02 at 08:16 (077948)

This is where the big toe joint is completely stiff and won't bend up or down. Most people have hallux limitus. This is where the big toe joint is limited in its ability to move up and move

Lara T on 3/28/02 at 15:48 (077856)

What is 'hallux rigidus' Thanks.

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/29/02 at 08:16 (077948)

This is where the big toe joint is completely stiff and won't bend up or down. Most people have hallux limitus. This is where the big toe joint is limited in its ability to move up and move