Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

UPDATE ON JESS FROM BEST FRIEND!!!

Posted by Stephanie ( jessica's BEST FRIEND) on 3/28/02 at 16:50 (077865)

Hey everyone!!
thanks for being sooo nice to my friend Jess and help her get through with this... umm.. i just came back from the hospital and I had to leave a bit early cuz she was really sick from the anastetic(dont no how to spell it) and codene... She looks really pale and is not her self....
when i got there she had to go get x-rays so i was talking to her mom and i asked her how she went trying to get in and how she was getting out and her mom said she was nervous and stuff going in but coming out shes like i don't no waht i was worrying about!!! haha....
Well I guess thats all i can say!
Well all the gr 7/8's at our school signed a card for her!!!
And we bought presents!!!
I hope she gets better and she wants the messages to keep coming lol haha
From Jessica's Bestest of all Best friend Stephanie

Re: UPDATE ON JESS FROM BEST FRIEND!!!

Carmen H on 3/28/02 at 17:46 (077873)

What a wonderful friend you are!!!! You give her our VERY best and hope for a speedy recovery so she can get back to the fun girl stuff you girls do at that age!
Carmen Hunter

Stephanie ( jessica's BEST FRIEND) on 3/28/02 at 17:54 (077875)

Hey!! Yah Next time i see her probally tommorow I will give her your best!!! I think she is looking forward to fast recovery because her one love is horseback riding!!!
Well.. thats it... oh and i got some more information from her mom... she is doing fine and she persuaded the nurses to give her more gravol so shes knocked out.. haha... well...
Bye!
More later!
Stephanie ( jessicas bestest of all best friends)

Laurie R on 3/28/02 at 18:15 (077881)

Hi Stephanie , YOu are such a sweetheart . Thank you for giving us an update on Jessica . I am sorry to hear she was sick when she woke up . I get the same way . No fun . Just think the surgery is all over with now , now she can focus on getting better and having fun with you . Please tell her we all are thinking about her and wish her well....

Thank you again for letting us know how she is doing .....

Take care , Laurie R

Re: Laurie

Carmen H on 3/28/02 at 18:53 (077889)

Do you still get sick from the anesthesia? I did too the first time I was put under VERY BADLY ...the next time I had surgery I told them and they gave me something and I didn't even get queasy.
Maybe you can tell them that...?

BrianG on 3/28/02 at 22:50 (077916)

I think that Jessica mentioned she didn't want needles, and was going to get gas, for anesthesia. Probably a little harder on the system. Probably will be much better by tomorrow, I hope.

BrianG

Laurie R on 3/28/02 at 22:55 (077918)

Yes Carmen I can go get very sick even with the stuff they give you for it . Now with my injecitons I don't get sick . They give me this med called Porpofol , it puts you to sleep just for a little bit , it is not a general . With my up coming surgeries I will not have a general , they will use the same meds as when I have the injections done. I have already talked to both of my doctors .

I hate the feeling when you wake from a general .

Thanks , Laurie R

Julie on 3/29/02 at 02:22 (077928)

Hi Stephanie

Thank you very much for giving us the news about Jess. I'm glad she's got this over with. Now she can concentrate on healing and getting back to riding. Please give her our love (you might print out all these messages and take the in to her?)

Thanks again: you're a good friend!

Julie on 3/29/02 at 02:26 (077929)

Carmen, the response to anaesthesia is very much dependent upon the type of anaesthetic given (there are many) and probably even more on the skill of the anaesthetist. After about six hours under I was perfectly ok after my mastectomy (brilliant anaesthetist) but distinctly queasy after 45 minutes under for my cartilage op (a dud).

Incidentally, the brilliant one was working in an NHS hospital, where my treatment was entirely under the NHS. The dud was in an exclusive private hospital, where my private insurance was covering his exhorbitant fee.

Re: Good to hear all is going well

Tammie on 3/29/02 at 07:34 (077940)

Thank you for telling us how she is ! She had alot of prayers being said for her. I do hope she feels much better today! She is a very brave young lady and she is very lucky to have you as her best friend!You both seem to be very special young ladies and I hope that soon you will put this in the past and continue with all the things you normaly do as young teens! Please give her a big hug from us and include one for yourself as you both are great teens! Very refreshing to see young people showing there caring and loving side! All to often we hear the bad about teens! Thanks for allowing us to see the love in your hearts, the caring and compassion that you share and jsut the fresh sweetness of young people! Have a wonderful day and Easter, and hope that Jess feels much better soon! Hugsss to you both!

Suzanne D on 3/29/02 at 07:40 (077941)

Yes, please tell Jess that many people are reading about her and wishing her a speedy recovery!

That should brighten her day. And having a friend like you is the BEST medicine she will have!

Suzanne :-)

JudyS on 3/29/02 at 10:40 (077959)

Stephanie what a sweetie you are for keeping us informed about Jessica's surgery! (tell your mom she's done a great job with you....) When you see Jess again, tell her it's very, very common to feel nauseous and weak after having anesthesia - it'll most likely pass within a short time - and tell her we're all rooting for her!

Stephanie ( jessica's BEST FRIEND) on 3/29/02 at 21:55 (078010)

thanks for all the comments guys...
It's actually the least i could do for jess was to update you on how she was doing.... Well the day of her surgery as i told u i went to see her and then that night i had a youth group to go to for passover and then we went for a prayer ride and went to the outside of diff places in our city and prayed i prayed for jess and i usually dont like praying out lod in front of everyone and this prayer ride was with the older kids in the youth group above us so i was proud.. that night i slept at a friends... i wanted to go home early the next day to see jess but my friend didn't want me too go home soo i satyed a bit later and when i got home i called her house and she was sleeping so ill go see her tommmorow!
thanks again for all the comments they meant alot to me...
tootles
Steph

Jessica K on 3/30/02 at 08:32 (078020)

HEHEHE STEF YOUR STILL UPDATEING ON ME... HAHAHA.. EVERYONE I GOTTA TELL YA ATEF IS BEING THE BESTEST FREIND EVER, MY FAMILY IS GOING SHOPPING AND I DIDN'T WANT TO GO SO STEF IS COMING OVER TO STAY WITH ME AND HELP ME. PRETTY NICE EH. I AM LUCKY BECAUSE SHE JUST LIVES ACROSS THE STREET. IT TAKES ALL OF WHAT 2 SECOND TO GET TO EACH OTHERS HOUSE. WELL I AM GOING NOW I JUST WROTE ANOTHER REPLY THEN SAW THIS ON AND I AM REALLY DUE FOR MEDICATION AND MY FOOT HURTS SOO I AM GOING TO GO RUN TO GET MY MED THANXS FOR WRITING STEF I'LL SEE YA AT 11:30 :)

P.S- STEF IS REALLY A GOOD GOOD GOOD FREIND AND SHE NEEDS TO KNOW HOW NICE AND HELPFUL SHE IS BEING.
EVERY DAY SHE CALLS AND SEE IF MY MOM NEEDS HELP WITH THE BABY ( MY BROTHER) OR IF I NEED SOMEONE TO SIT AND TALK TO. SHES GREAT. I AM LUCKY TO HAVE SUCH AND GREAT , AWESOME , PRETTY, SMART, NICE, FRIEND LIKE HER :)

WELL BUH BYE BEFORE MY FOOT STARTS BURNING HEHEHE

Carmen H on 3/28/02 at 17:46 (077873)

What a wonderful friend you are!!!! You give her our VERY best and hope for a speedy recovery so she can get back to the fun girl stuff you girls do at that age!
Carmen Hunter

Stephanie ( jessica's BEST FRIEND) on 3/28/02 at 17:54 (077875)

Hey!! Yah Next time i see her probally tommorow I will give her your best!!! I think she is looking forward to fast recovery because her one love is horseback riding!!!
Well.. thats it... oh and i got some more information from her mom... she is doing fine and she persuaded the nurses to give her more gravol so shes knocked out.. haha... well...
Bye!
More later!
Stephanie ( jessicas bestest of all best friends)

Laurie R on 3/28/02 at 18:15 (077881)

Hi Stephanie , YOu are such a sweetheart . Thank you for giving us an update on Jessica . I am sorry to hear she was sick when she woke up . I get the same way . No fun . Just think the surgery is all over with now , now she can focus on getting better and having fun with you . Please tell her we all are thinking about her and wish her well....

Thank you again for letting us know how she is doing .....

Take care , Laurie R

Carmen H on 3/28/02 at 18:53 (077889)

Do you still get sick from the anesthesia? I did too the first time I was put under VERY BADLY ...the next time I had surgery I told them and they gave me something and I didn't even get queasy.
Maybe you can tell them that...?

BrianG on 3/28/02 at 22:50 (077916)

I think that Jessica mentioned she didn't want needles, and was going to get gas, for anesthesia. Probably a little harder on the system. Probably will be much better by tomorrow, I hope.

BrianG

Laurie R on 3/28/02 at 22:55 (077918)

Yes Carmen I can go get very sick even with the stuff they give you for it . Now with my injecitons I don't get sick . They give me this med called Porpofol , it puts you to sleep just for a little bit , it is not a general . With my up coming surgeries I will not have a general , they will use the same meds as when I have the injections done. I have already talked to both of my doctors .

I hate the feeling when you wake from a general .

Thanks , Laurie R

Julie on 3/29/02 at 02:22 (077928)

Hi Stephanie

Thank you very much for giving us the news about Jess. I'm glad she's got this over with. Now she can concentrate on healing and getting back to riding. Please give her our love (you might print out all these messages and take the in to her?)

Thanks again: you're a good friend!

Julie on 3/29/02 at 02:26 (077929)

Carmen, the response to anaesthesia is very much dependent upon the type of anaesthetic given (there are many) and probably even more on the skill of the anaesthetist. After about six hours under I was perfectly ok after my mastectomy (brilliant anaesthetist) but distinctly queasy after 45 minutes under for my cartilage op (a dud).

Incidentally, the brilliant one was working in an NHS hospital, where my treatment was entirely under the NHS. The dud was in an exclusive private hospital, where my private insurance was covering his exhorbitant fee.

Re: Good to hear all is going well

Tammie on 3/29/02 at 07:34 (077940)

Thank you for telling us how she is ! She had alot of prayers being said for her. I do hope she feels much better today! She is a very brave young lady and she is very lucky to have you as her best friend!You both seem to be very special young ladies and I hope that soon you will put this in the past and continue with all the things you normaly do as young teens! Please give her a big hug from us and include one for yourself as you both are great teens! Very refreshing to see young people showing there caring and loving side! All to often we hear the bad about teens! Thanks for allowing us to see the love in your hearts, the caring and compassion that you share and jsut the fresh sweetness of young people! Have a wonderful day and Easter, and hope that Jess feels much better soon! Hugsss to you both!

Suzanne D on 3/29/02 at 07:40 (077941)

Yes, please tell Jess that many people are reading about her and wishing her a speedy recovery!

That should brighten her day. And having a friend like you is the BEST medicine she will have!

Suzanne :-)

JudyS on 3/29/02 at 10:40 (077959)

Stephanie what a sweetie you are for keeping us informed about Jessica's surgery! (tell your mom she's done a great job with you....) When you see Jess again, tell her it's very, very common to feel nauseous and weak after having anesthesia - it'll most likely pass within a short time - and tell her we're all rooting for her!

Stephanie ( jessica's BEST FRIEND) on 3/29/02 at 21:55 (078010)

thanks for all the comments guys...
It's actually the least i could do for jess was to update you on how she was doing.... Well the day of her surgery as i told u i went to see her and then that night i had a youth group to go to for passover and then we went for a prayer ride and went to the outside of diff places in our city and prayed i prayed for jess and i usually dont like praying out lod in front of everyone and this prayer ride was with the older kids in the youth group above us so i was proud.. that night i slept at a friends... i wanted to go home early the next day to see jess but my friend didn't want me too go home soo i satyed a bit later and when i got home i called her house and she was sleeping so ill go see her tommmorow!
thanks again for all the comments they meant alot to me...
tootles
Steph

Jessica K on 3/30/02 at 08:32 (078020)

HEHEHE STEF YOUR STILL UPDATEING ON ME... HAHAHA.. EVERYONE I GOTTA TELL YA ATEF IS BEING THE BESTEST FREIND EVER, MY FAMILY IS GOING SHOPPING AND I DIDN'T WANT TO GO SO STEF IS COMING OVER TO STAY WITH ME AND HELP ME. PRETTY NICE EH. I AM LUCKY BECAUSE SHE JUST LIVES ACROSS THE STREET. IT TAKES ALL OF WHAT 2 SECOND TO GET TO EACH OTHERS HOUSE. WELL I AM GOING NOW I JUST WROTE ANOTHER REPLY THEN SAW THIS ON AND I AM REALLY DUE FOR MEDICATION AND MY FOOT HURTS SOO I AM GOING TO GO RUN TO GET MY MED THANXS FOR WRITING STEF I'LL SEE YA AT 11:30 :)

P.S- STEF IS REALLY A GOOD GOOD GOOD FREIND AND SHE NEEDS TO KNOW HOW NICE AND HELPFUL SHE IS BEING.
EVERY DAY SHE CALLS AND SEE IF MY MOM NEEDS HELP WITH THE BABY ( MY BROTHER) OR IF I NEED SOMEONE TO SIT AND TALK TO. SHES GREAT. I AM LUCKY TO HAVE SUCH AND GREAT , AWESOME , PRETTY, SMART, NICE, FRIEND LIKE HER :)

WELL BUH BYE BEFORE MY FOOT STARTS BURNING HEHEHE