Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

COOL gift idea for family and friends....anniversary, weddings, birthdays etc.

Posted by Carmen H on 3/28/02 at 17:54 (077876)

It's my one year anniversary coming up..the first year is a paper gift so I did some searching for a unique gift for my husband and came across the following....www.mydavinci.com
Well...I sent them a wedding photo to duplicate and it came back yesterday and it is EXACT!!!!! Thought I'd share this with anyone wanting a new and great idea for a unique gift.
Take a look! It's a pencil sketch...

We are pleased to let you know that a myDaVinci artist has
completed your Photo Transformation. This is your
opportunity to review your artwork: you can copy and paste
the following link into your Internet browser or simply
click on it if your email supports hyperlinks.

This link enables you to preview your artwork in three
different sizes.

http://mydavinci.com/j/view.jsp?id=SM210602

When you have reviewed the artwork please reply to this
message with your feedback. Once we receive your response
you can expect to receive your artwork in approximately two
to three weeks. Modification requests will delay the
delivery.

Re: COOL gift idea for family and friends....anniversary, weddings, birthdays etc.

BrianG on 3/28/02 at 18:04 (077877)

The collar on the gentleman's shirt is quite 'unique' :*)

Re: COOL gift idea for family and friends....anniversary, weddings, birthdays etc.

Carole C in NOLA on 3/28/02 at 18:10 (077879)

Wow! That is BEAUTIFUL! What a wonderful present. At first I thought it was expensive, but then art isn't cheap. Besides, then I thought of how much I've spent on shoes this year, and somehow it seems like a bargain even for a large sketch or painting. It will provide the two of you with a lot of happiness for many years.

You look beautiful and sensual in the drawing, and your husband looks handsome and successful. Probably that's an accurate portrayal!

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 3/28/02 at 18:14 (077880)

Hey, the gentleman is a successful, ambitious, handsome guy who is just relaxing with his new bride after the wedding. They are both caught in an intimate moment and they are just beginning to let their hair down. That's why his collar is like that. Two minutes later, and the drawing might be censored!

What a great picture. :)

Carole C

Carmen H on 3/28/02 at 18:49 (077886)

Actually....that's the 'Platinum Grooms Tux' from one of the Tux rentals here in Atlanta. It was 'the' style for last spring...hey whatever works. It's a once in a lifetime event..the collar was the very least of my concerns!
;-)

Just curious.....Why in the world of all things to notice would you notice the collar of the mans shirt??
hmmm wondering about you Bri~!!

Carmen H on 3/28/02 at 18:51 (077888)

VERY kind of you to say such nice things. I think he's handsome and just recently with the new job let's hope he's as successful as they think they are paying him for! ;-)
He's a hard worker...an asset to any company and I am proud to be married to him.
You're always so kind Carole...it's a pure joy to read your posts!
p.s. I enjoyed your boat pictures....what an exiciting career!

Suzanne D on 3/28/02 at 19:59 (077899)

That is simply beautiful, Carmen! You and your husband will treasure it more and more through the years. I never heard of such a service; thanks for sharing it with us! And it was nice to get another glimpse of you and Toby!

I can see that, as always, you go the extra mile to get just the perfect gift! When is your anniversary? I thought I remembered it was in April.

Thanks again for letting us see your drawing!

Suzanne :-)

BrianG on 3/28/02 at 22:39 (077915)

Carmen, I'm surprised you didn't see it. You can't really tell where your nose ends, and the collar begins :*) I'd be calling you Pinnochio, but we have to much class for that here. I might be weird, but not That Weird! hahaaa

B

Carmen H on 3/29/02 at 08:01 (077943)

I know exactly where it ends...it's very obvious to me...but then I have the picture here too....so that helps.
You're right though...name calling wouldn't be a very nice thing...especially about someone's anniversary photo. Thanks for refraining!
;-)

Carole C in NOLA on 3/29/02 at 08:40 (077952)

Carmen, don't believe him! It's a fabulous drawing. Men are such teases! LOL

Carole C

Carmen H on 3/29/02 at 15:06 (077989)

they are a mess aren't they? ;-)

Carmen H on 3/29/02 at 15:07 (077990)

Yes!! It's April 7th. :-)
Thanks for the nice words...and I truly enjoyed your email today too.
:-)

BrianG on 3/29/02 at 18:05 (077996)

This one is, for sure! :*)

BrianG on 3/28/02 at 18:04 (077877)

The collar on the gentleman's shirt is quite 'unique' :*)

Carole C in NOLA on 3/28/02 at 18:10 (077879)

Wow! That is BEAUTIFUL! What a wonderful present. At first I thought it was expensive, but then art isn't cheap. Besides, then I thought of how much I've spent on shoes this year, and somehow it seems like a bargain even for a large sketch or painting. It will provide the two of you with a lot of happiness for many years.

You look beautiful and sensual in the drawing, and your husband looks handsome and successful. Probably that's an accurate portrayal!

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 3/28/02 at 18:14 (077880)

Hey, the gentleman is a successful, ambitious, handsome guy who is just relaxing with his new bride after the wedding. They are both caught in an intimate moment and they are just beginning to let their hair down. That's why his collar is like that. Two minutes later, and the drawing might be censored!

What a great picture. :)

Carole C

Carmen H on 3/28/02 at 18:49 (077886)

Actually....that's the 'Platinum Grooms Tux' from one of the Tux rentals here in Atlanta. It was 'the' style for last spring...hey whatever works. It's a once in a lifetime event..the collar was the very least of my concerns!
;-)

Just curious.....Why in the world of all things to notice would you notice the collar of the mans shirt??
hmmm wondering about you Bri~!!

Carmen H on 3/28/02 at 18:51 (077888)

VERY kind of you to say such nice things. I think he's handsome and just recently with the new job let's hope he's as successful as they think they are paying him for! ;-)
He's a hard worker...an asset to any company and I am proud to be married to him.
You're always so kind Carole...it's a pure joy to read your posts!
p.s. I enjoyed your boat pictures....what an exiciting career!

Suzanne D on 3/28/02 at 19:59 (077899)

That is simply beautiful, Carmen! You and your husband will treasure it more and more through the years. I never heard of such a service; thanks for sharing it with us! And it was nice to get another glimpse of you and Toby!

I can see that, as always, you go the extra mile to get just the perfect gift! When is your anniversary? I thought I remembered it was in April.

Thanks again for letting us see your drawing!

Suzanne :-)

BrianG on 3/28/02 at 22:39 (077915)

Carmen, I'm surprised you didn't see it. You can't really tell where your nose ends, and the collar begins :*) I'd be calling you Pinnochio, but we have to much class for that here. I might be weird, but not That Weird! hahaaa

B

Carmen H on 3/29/02 at 08:01 (077943)

I know exactly where it ends...it's very obvious to me...but then I have the picture here too....so that helps.
You're right though...name calling wouldn't be a very nice thing...especially about someone's anniversary photo. Thanks for refraining!
;-)

Carole C in NOLA on 3/29/02 at 08:40 (077952)

Carmen, don't believe him! It's a fabulous drawing. Men are such teases! LOL

Carole C

Carmen H on 3/29/02 at 15:06 (077989)

they are a mess aren't they? ;-)

Carmen H on 3/29/02 at 15:07 (077990)

Yes!! It's April 7th. :-)
Thanks for the nice words...and I truly enjoyed your email today too.
:-)

BrianG on 3/29/02 at 18:05 (077996)

This one is, for sure! :*)